Author Topic: Mos Def made the most accurate assesment of state of hiphop when he said this...  (Read 686 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
He said... "hip-hop is us and we are hiphop.  People act like hiphop is some giant livin up in the hillside.  But if you really want to know where hiphop is at ask where we are at?"

This statement is so true.  We got to remember that music doesn't just come to us in a vacuum, or fall out of the sky...someone has to actually be intelligent and creative enough to put together that dope shit we used to love.

But nowadays, society is dumb and uncreative, so how can they possibly manage to create great music?  Best the hood can come up with nowadays is "Lollipop" "shawty dis, shawty dat", a fuckin voice box, a new dance and catch phrase, and its wrap.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
music, and art in general, is in a sad state. too many people wanting to make lots of money, not caring about the art, and too many people buying into it like sheep.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
they fucked up when they started taking the arts out of school.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J Bananas

well ever since artists who became popular in any field (paint, photo, music) started making more $$$ than a scientist trying to cure cancer, art has become a commodity and has slowly became more of a business than a venture in the the avant garde. it's funny how people are bitching about hip hop when the decline of material is so much bigger than that.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
^ yea i dont give a fuck about hip hop, it makes me sad in the grand scheme, i really wonder what will it be like in 10 years, maybe 20? its pretty unpredictable

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
well ever since artists who became popular in any field (paint, photo, music) started making more $$$ than a scientist trying to cure cancer, art has become a commodity and has slowly became more of a business than a venture in the the avant garde. it's funny how people are bitching about hip hop when the decline of material is so much bigger than that.
Not much to say outside of that..Many people make music for the love, but there are so many people in it for the money to be made, from executives, managers, artists, producers, technicians..It's a major business, no doubt about that.
I got a bird's eye view

Yeah that was straight up true what dude said. Stop with the bullshit people.

Elano

music, and art in general, is in a sad state. too many people wanting to make lots of money, not caring about the art, and too many people buying into it like sheep.
sad but true

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's society, our society is stupid. The youth right now controls everything, and 95% of them are idiots.

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's society, our society is stupid. The youth right now controls everything, and 95% of them are idiots.

i always said Music reflects our educational system and vice versa...lol

BiggBoogaBiff

^^^WOW!!!! great fuckin experience aint it, dealing with the system on the other side of the fence.  ^^^ all of u that it applies too
Hip Hop can't die it's impossible we've been singin' and rhymin words like this BEFORE we were US Slaves, it'll evolve.  u can't kill a genre of music unless most people arent with it anymore (like Disco and u white folx arent co-owners/creators of hiphop niether so u no have say).  Hip Hop is far from that (dead) and if u think it is then its time 4 you 2 leave tha club now homey.  I'm 19 (20 in December  ;D) i grew up on tha music most of u net-wiggers call "real" hip hop like tha Nas' and the Jays and ALL of the 2Pacs n Biggies and Scarfaces and Snoops, hell my dad used 2 ride around all day bumpin AEOM, Dogg Food, and Doggystyle front 2 back faithfully.  i know this shit *hip hop*, i eat-sleep-and breathe this shit literally (its 347 in tha mornin ova here lol).  all Mos Def is doin' is converting u internet-wiggers in2 sensible hip hop fans by telling u something that MOST folx already know and have been thinkin' 4 years.  How can u say all this new skool shit is wack bcuz of something Roger Troutman did (we're paying homage, some of us anyways- like TPain was) with louder 808's and 909's... most of u dont even know wat a 909 is lol... yo 4real if hip hop died in tha 90's like ya'll say or it died wen Pac & Biggie died then jo' fuck that- i guess hiphop was never really good/in.  so this whole time people have been BUYING/downloading millions of albums and mixtapes they're all living their life sleepwalking and not lissening/supporting wats "real"... Wat real hip hop is is wat's real 2 u in your imagination or life, not wat Nas thinks, not wat Suge thinks, not wat Dre thinks or the poster above/below u thinks- its wat u think it is.  just don't goin' around sayin rap is dead bcuz of our generation and we're trash (wen we learned all this shit from Generation X  ::) - u kno the generation b4 us) we understand real music and know why Will.I.Am sells a million records and Immortal Techniec or Planet Asia doesnt break 20,000 an album.

i had 2 stop hatin all the new shit that came out too *i was guilty 4 a lil' bit*. but yo if u've heard that new Yung Berg song "fuck me in tha morning, fuck me in tha evening" song and lissen 2 tha lyrics its actually a good song and an even better song 2 get pussy 2  ;D.  i dont know 1 OG ass nigga who dont like songs about gettin ass and vice versa (fake ass mexican  ;D) .  wen we was talkin bout niggaz cryin 2 these bitches on records we was just sayin how lame that particular song was/is (not tha artist).  ya'll get ya'll brains a lil' too scrambled by wat some nigga think, go suck off a nigga in jails dick and be his bitch if u care so much atleast he'll agree with u wats real lol.

and i aint no racist (never had those thoughts either) but all u lil white kids r gettin on my nerves polluting my baby hiphop's name wit' all of this hate, after a while it starts 2 look like racism/prejudice/bi-ass-ness- how do u hate so many black men that you've never met or even gave a chance 2 lissen 2 without lissenin 2 their OVERALL message or giving them the benefit of tha doubt on anything--- check ya self

ya'll dont like our music too well, this much i know about ya'll (not all) ya'll downplay our RnB artist unless they're from the oldschool which rarely gets talked about and most of all our Rap music - ya'll act like everything since January 1st, 2000 has been bad or is somehow killing the game or just the fuckin anti-christ.  Rap wasn't built for tha mainstream (most White people) at 1st that's why we've had alot of hits n misses these past couple of years wit artist and singles... we had 2 explore the market and plus its an easier way 2 make a lil' side cash and aint nothin wrong wit' dat but if u look in tha rite spots instead of lissen 2 tha radio or watch TV or stopped reading forums all day then you wudda found this out the second rap music is boring popped in ya head.

i'm done...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:22:41 AM by BiggBoogaBiff »