Author Topic: Five new beats from me!!  (Read 561 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Five new beats from me!!
« on: September 23, 2002, 07:40:44 AM »
Download these beats and tell me what you think.

The first file has four beats in it, and the second one is the final beat which wouldn't fit into the first lot because it would have taken the file size over 500k. Please rate each one 1-5 and give me some constructive comments about them.

File 1: http://www.dorringtons.freeserve.co.uk/beats1.rm
File 2: http://www.dorringtons.freeserve.co.uk/coolbeat.rm

Comments please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Five new beats from me!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2002, 02:54:12 PM »
Ima check em out, and give u some honest feedback in a sec...Just needa wait for em to finish D/Ling

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2002, 03:15:34 PM »
Beat One: WAAAYYYY better than anything I've hard from u before...This is actually pretty cool...I like the sample u used...The flutes are little too loud, and the drums are a tiny bit off beat, but overall it's pretty cool...Could use a bass line as well...But again, it's WAY better than those HORRIBLE African Tribal beats u posted last time...Uve improved a whole lot dawg...

Beat Two: It's not my style...I'm not feeling the instruments u used, and it's too plain...The drum pattern is pretty cool though...a Fast rapper could rip this one...U need a bass line in this beat as well...Again, it's way better than your previous beats u posted a while back, but it's still not great...

Beat Three:  This one sounds like some old school techno Music...Drum pattern is cool, but this aint no rap beat...I kinda like it though...It's different, which can be good...but The instruments are too loud...LoL...It's cool, but I wouldn't attempt rapping over it...

Beat Four: This one hurts my ears...It's not as horrible as your African tribal music, cuz u actually got a drum pattern going, but damn, it's still whack...Bassline is HORRIBLE (wayyy too noisy)...and Never use common fruity loops sound, like the "bass guy" or "Phatt Bass1", "Phatt Bass2", and "Dark"...

Beat Five: I like this Bass...Sounds like some Old school Dr Dre bass...I dont like how it's too reptitive though...and again, the instruments are too loud...Overall it's cool....(LoL@the "Encountre" sound u used... I used that in some of my beats)

PS...Don't use "C_Kick" from Fruity Loops...Thats for Trance music...

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 08:26:14 AM »
Thanks for the comments Sccit, that first beat samples a Kenny G song. I can see what you mean with the third and fourth beats, and I was actually going to add stuff to the last beat to make it a bit more exciting.

Anybody else got a opinion on them?