Author Topic: Baseball Tonight is gay  (Read 510 times)

WestCoasta

Baseball Tonight is gay
« on: August 03, 2008, 10:27:55 PM »
it's a great concept of a show and could be much better

they got too many commecials and the commentators are just annoying, enough of John Kruk and Steve Phillips already

they go from doing one reel of highlights for 10 minutes of the same game

showing routine double plays, an RBI single instead of 2-3 homers, noting who took a piss during the 7th inning stretch

then the next reel is of a more important game with like 8 homers throughout and they show about 2 and wrap it up in a heartbeat

who produces this shit?  too much babbling about nonsense, looks like a male version of The View

herpes

Re: Baseball Tonight is gay
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »
Baeball tonight went from being my favorite TV show 5-6 years ago to not even worth watching.  ESPN as a network is a complete joke and its a god damn shame they dont get called out on it more.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »
Tim Kurkjian is the truth!!! 8) 8) 8)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 02:58:07 AM »
Baeball tonight went from being my favorite TV show 5-6 years ago to not even worth watching.  ESPN as a network is a complete joke and its a god damn shame they dont get called out on it more.
Exactly..ESPN tried expanding and doing too much, when the real reason I want to watch it is to find out the scores and watch a few highlights to get a better idea of how the games went. They have always been East-Coast biased, but now it just seems like they show a bunch of random clips instead of really trying to present what goes down.
I got a bird's eye view

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »
They have always been East-Coast biased

that's because there arent any good teams in the west besides the Angels. the only interesting things otherwise are what Manny can do for LA, and the race in the NL West between LA and Arizona.

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
^  but it's always been like that, regardless of who's good and who's not

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:58:25 PM »

church

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »
^  but it's always been like that, regardless of who's good and who's not

oh, i thought you meant this year.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 01:05:57 AM »

they got NO competition, its a monopoly

fox, cbs and NBC don't compare in sports coverage (besides the NFL) and don't even bother trying

ESPN in general has gone way downhill because of some of the fucking idiots on it

i love PTI and Around the horn though
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 05:41:49 AM »
I stopped watching really when Olbermann and Patrick were there. To me they were ESPN, and since they left it's not the same. Even then there was an Eastcoast biased, but at least it was entertaining. Stewart Scott is cool too, but mainly ESPN is alright. Too much time on one story, and not enough time getting through all the games and highlights. Like now, Sportscenter I think had about 15 minutes of Farve. Considering that football isn't in season, these takes time from reporting the games, and you can watch a whole Sportscenter and not even see highlights from your team. (this use to suck as when the Angels won the World Series and I tried following them from MN, I could never catch there highlights, were as the Yankees and Red Soxs dominated coverage) The one team that gets covered that's not Eastcoast is the Lakers, and man I'll be honest, they over due the Lakers too. ESPN on a whole needs to change, its suppose to be a sports and highlight show, now it's just a joke. Fox tries, but they get it wrong, though NBC's coverage of the Olympics, complete with gymnastics and tennis dominating their women channels will be great. So for two weeks, the best sports coverage will be from a company whole just let the Olympics own them, and that's a good thing.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 06:04:52 AM »
things wrong with ESPN the most:

-poker in primetime
-Woody Page left Cold Pizza
-too much emphasis on golf, tennis, x-games and these non-important sports
-do they show baseball games with teams that aren't named the Chicago Cubs??
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »

-poker in primetime
I agree 100%, put that on ESPN 2, but at like 2pm when everyone is at work except unemployeed men who actually like that stuff.

Really, I like Woody, but he can be annoying

I don't mind, as long as they are on ESPN 2, I can watch tennis if there's an interesting story, and I know tons of people who love golf. X-games though, I agree, that needs to be on at 1AM on ESPN 2 when people who watch are up.

Yeah, whoever is playing the Cubs, and occasionally the Red Sox

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 06:18:07 AM »

-poker in primetime
I agree 100%, put that on ESPN 2, but at like 2pm when everyone is at work except unemployeed men who actually like that stuff.

Really, I like Woody, but he can be annoying

I don't mind, as long as they are on ESPN 2, I can watch tennis if there's an interesting story, and I know tons of people who love golf. X-games though, I agree, that needs to be on at 1AM on ESPN 2 when people who watch are up.

Yeah, whoever is playing the Cubs, and occasionally the Red Sox

woody vs skip bayless = entertainment  (it makes your IQ go down but its entertaining)

poker should be on at 2 AM hahahaha

fuck NASCAR (neck-car), golf, tennis, xgames, spelling bee's and everything else ESPN tries to force upon us

smegma

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 09:20:38 AM »
Baseball in general is gay.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
woody vs skip bayless = entertainment

poker should be on at 2 AM hahahaha

Woody Paige, Skip Bayless & The World Series of Poker = ESPN's current greatness lol...but those 3 things are fuckin awsome. :D