Author Topic: lol @ kanye... compared soulja boy to nas  (Read 601 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
lol @ kanye... compared soulja boy to nas
« on: August 05, 2008, 02:27:05 PM »
Kanye West Rides With Soulja Boy In Verbal Beef With Ice-T

Last week, a radio interview hit the net in which veteran gangsta rapper Ice-T is heard dissing teen rapper Soulja Boy, basically his music "garbage."

Ice's comments prompted a self-recorded response by Soulja Boy posted on YouTube, where he calls Ice-T "old as f***" and claims that Ice-T called him out strictly as a publicity stunt.

It's was one of the main topics of discussion last week, and everyone was up on it, even Kanye West who commented on it via his official blog.

It was shocking to us when we read that Kanye says he's riding with Soulja Boy here.

In his blog, he salutes the teen rapper for his innovation in creating a new sound and dance with his hit song "Crank That" last year, and compares him to New York rap legend Nas.

"Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip-hop is supposed to be," West wrote on his blog. "He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain't hip-hop then what is?

"That song was so dope 'cause everything he said had a hidden meaning ... that's Nas level sh**," West continued.

As for veterans like Ice-T dissing a young rapper such as Soulja Boy, Kanye had an opinion about that too.

"A bunch of wannabe 'keep it real' rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples, trying to act like it's 96 again, and all they do is hate on new sh**?" West asked. "N****s always talk about the golden age, but for a 13-year-old kid, this is the golden age!"

While many fans and rappers alike have called for some originality and stoppage of what some deem as "corny" from new artists such as Soulja Boy, West encouraged the newcomers to keep their music "fresh and original" and stated that there "ain't no f***in' rules to this sh** and that's what real hip-hop is to me."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:30:48 PM by R1ZE »

Lunatic

Re: lol @ kanye... compared soulja boy to nas
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
wow, just wow.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
Don't agree with the Souljah Boy/Nas, comparison, but he is on point about these niggas who keep begging for 96 to come back.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »

"Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip-hop is supposed to be," West wrote on his blog. "He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain't hip-hop then what is?

"That song was so dope 'cause everything he said had a hidden meaning ... that's Nas level sh**," West continued.

Fresh ASS hell? kanye west really is dumb as fuck....

Black Gloves

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 03:07:45 PM »
great artist, but sometimes dumb as fuck

Paul

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
"A bunch of wannabe 'keep it real' rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples, trying to act like it's 96 again, and all they do is hate on new sh**?" West asked. "N****s always talk about the golden age, but for a 13-year-old kid, this is the golden age!"

While many fans and rappers alike have called for some originality and stoppage of what some deem as "corny" from new artists such as Soulja Boy, West encouraged the newcomers to keep their music "fresh and original" and stated that there "ain't no f***in' rules to this sh** and that's what real hip-hop is to me."

i agree with this,

the rest is bullshit but
funkyfreshintheflesh

Ezekiel Whitmore

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »
Kanye fell off time ago, those Shades and dress sense were the nails in his coffin.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Jome

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »

"A bunch of wannabe 'keep it real' rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples

No, he didn't.

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »
he's only saying this because he's in the same category as Souljah Boy

he's an overused pop star who for some reason became popular

I don't know a single motherfucker who owns or listens to any Kanye albums   -   none, zero

the same idiot kids and girls and wannabe trendy people who buy Souljah Boy buy Kanye West

you got "Crank Dat" and "Gold Digger"... same unlistenable shit, but people eat it up

the game was in trouble anyways, but it sure as hell has been god awful since faggots started kissin his ass when he blew up 4 years ago

that goes to most of you homos on the Dub, I've seen people praise him like he invented hip hop, shit makes me sick

I can only think of a handful of dope tracks he's made, he's as overrated as Jay-Z, the Roc-A-Fella camp just buys the #1 spots, they don't earn it

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 04:52:37 PM »
Don't agree with the Souljah Boy/Nas, comparison, but he is on point about these niggas who keep begging for 96 to come back.
true,but id still like to see kanye die in a house fire

Ezekiel Whitmore

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 05:19:06 PM »

I don't know a single motherfucker who owns or listens to any Kanye albums   -   none, zero

the same idiot kids and girls and wannabe trendy people who buy Souljah Boy buy Kanye West

you got "Crank Dat" and "Gold Digger"... same unlistenable shit, but people eat it up

the game was in trouble anyways, but it sure as hell has been god awful since faggots started kissin his ass when he blew up 4 years ago

that goes to most of you homos on the Dub, I've seen people praise him like he invented hip hop, shit makes me sick

I can only think of a handful of dope tracks he's made, he's as overrated as Jay-Z, the Roc-A-Fella camp just buys the #1 spots, they don't earn it

I couldn't agree more.

Black Gloves

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »

damn. i mean kanye aint no nas or anything, but at the same time he a producer and for you to say that hes a "overused pop star who for some reason became popular" thats reachin
imo.

kanye makes dope music. you cant front on him. yeah i dont wear tight peans or those glasses or non of that but his music is bangin.

maybe u dont like him cuz u find him arrogant..is that why?

I think the reason he said that was because Kanye felt like people critize his (clothing) style even tho he feels its unique and fresh. Hes basically sayin
people shouldnt hate on shit thats fresh and unique, but hes really talkin about the clothes he wears...at least thats what i think.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
 Soulja boy sucks in every possible way, can't believe Kanye would say this though, what a disgrace to music.

westsiderider323

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »
Soulja boy sucks in every possible way, can't believe Kanye would say this though, what a disgrace to music.
real talk
wow smh @ kanye