Poll

Which one is the best "1st single" of Eminem albums ever?

My Name Is (from The Slim Shady LP)
11 (15.3%)
The Real Slim Shady (from The Marshall Mathers LP)
16 (22.2%)
Purple Pills (from Devil's Night)
2 (2.8%)
Without Me (from The Eminem Show)
5 (6.9%)
Lose Yourself (from 8 Mile)
31 (43.1%)
My Band (from D12 World)
1 (1.4%)
Just Lose It (from Encore)
1 (1.4%)
When I'm Gone (from Curtain Call: The Hits)
1 (1.4%)
You Don't Know (from The Re-Up Mixtape)
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Poll: "Best '1st Single' Of Eminem"  (Read 521 times)

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
Re: Poll: "Best '1st Single' Of Eminem"
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 10:15:38 AM »

everlast1986

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 10:54:46 AM »
I picked "The Real Slim Shady" only because it was hype when it first came out. I would pick "Lose Yourself" but that technically came from a movie soundtrack. Not an actual Eminem album.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22:31 AM »
Definitely "Lose Yourself" out of those. "Real Slim Shady" is king of his pop tracks though.

i wanna know how that is poppy? the beat? the hook? i mean the theme and meaning of what he was tryin to get across is so dope.

the beat and the hook is poppy and the "message" is so wack

kemizt

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
Like the other dude said Real Sim Shady reminds me of them TRL and MTV days.

jaytee

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »
I voted for "Lose Yourself" which is pretty much around the last time that Eminem was relevant imo. 

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »
Definitely "Lose Yourself" out of those. "Real Slim Shady" is king of his pop tracks though.

i wanna know how that is poppy? the beat? the hook? i mean the theme and meaning of what he was tryin to get across is so dope.

The beat, the catchy hook, the funny lyrics... It was specifically made to cater to the Top 40 audience. There's nothing wrong with it being more pop than most his stuff, I'm just saying. He always releases a "Top 40 single" first, then follows up with a song targeting more the hip-hop audience.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
Interesting thing about Eminem's four albums is that the first single really indicated the quality of the rest of the album.  Marshall Mathers LP was his best album (Dre calls it the closest thing to a perfect album he's ever done) and it had the best lead single, "Real Slim Shady".  Then Em's worst album came with the worst single, which was "Just Lose It" for the record Encore which was kind of his farewell to rap because he knew he just couldn't bring it like he used to, he'd lost his desire and best he could come up with was burping, farting, and making fun of Michael Jackson.

"Lose Yourself" may be the song that he is most remembered for decades from now.  That will be his lasting legacy, his greatest record of all time.

My personal favorite Em track was also on 8 Mile, the title track "8 Mile Road".

em's best track was Infinite
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »
lol @ the person who voted "My Band". :laugh:
I hear you on that.  For me its Lose Yourself barely over Without me from those choices.. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 11:16:16 PM »
Interesting thing about Eminem's four albums is that the first single really indicated the quality of the rest of the album.  Marshall Mathers LP was his best album (Dre calls it the closest thing to a perfect album he's ever done) and it had the best lead single, "Real Slim Shady".  Then Em's worst album came with the worst single, which was "Just Lose It" for the record Encore which was kind of his farewell to rap because he knew he just couldn't bring it like he used to, he'd lost his desire and best he could come up with was burping, farting, and making fun of Michael Jackson.

"Lose Yourself" may be the song that he is most remembered for decades from now.  That will be his lasting legacy, his greatest record of all time.

My personal favorite Em track was also on 8 Mile, the title track "8 Mile Road".

em's best track was Infinite

^woulda got concideration for my vote.

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »
The Real Slim Shady

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »

Definitely "Lose Yourself" out of those. "Real Slim Shady" is king of his cheesy lead off singles though.