Author Topic: 'Mad TV' To Parody R. Kelly Sex Scandal  (Read 119 times)

Mota

'Mad TV' To Parody R. Kelly Sex Scandal
« on: March 21, 2002, 08:23:38 PM »
Fox's Mad TV is poking fun at allegations that singer R. Kelly videotaped himself having sex with underage girls. Mad TV regular Arie Spears, who portrays R. Kelly in a sketch airing this Saturday (March 23), discussed the show's spoof of the singer's troubles backstage at the taping of the Soul Train Music Awards, where Spears was a presenter.

The comedian shared that the Mad TV skit is based on R. Kelly's video for the "The World's Greatest" single, which appears on the Ali movie soundtrack. Spears told LAUNCH, ["It's called 'I Am The Greatest Statutory Rapist.' The sketch is just basically a parody of him in the 'The Greatest' video, where he's in the boxing ring, only I'm chasing 14-year-old girls."

Despite the skit involving unproven statutory rape allegations against R. Kelly, Spears said he had no reservations about spoofing the scandal. "He put himself out there--it's just our job to make fun of it. I gotta pay the mortgage so, you know, I gotta do what I gotta do. I ain't thinking about people's responses," he said.

Mad TV airs at 11 p.m. ET Saturday nights on Fox--check your local listings.

launch.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »