Author Topic: So people "hate" Game, but when LAX leaks it gets 485 responds?  (Read 1714 times)

NotoriousTDA

Re: So people "hate" Game, but when LAX leaks it gets 485 responds?
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »
Don't understand all this hate...ESPECIALLY FROM THE WEST COAST. Like he is fucking dope and is really the only one keeping the west in the game right now. Anyway that's just my deuce cents.

In the sales game. The problem I have is Game doesn't use his success to promote west artists, he has no proteges, he doesn't put BWS artists on his releases, and no one associated with him who he's brought up, has had success. He's done nothing for the west other then selling albums for himself. Look at who Snoop's brought into the mainstream, look who Dre's put up, Cube, etc. If Game wants to call himself the king of the west, he needs to start promoting his own artists into the mainstream. He's done a lot for himself, and nothing for the west. Simple as that.

real talk right there.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
Don't understand all this hate...ESPECIALLY FROM THE WEST COAST. Like he is fucking dope and is really the only one keeping the west in the game right now. Anyway that's just my deuce cents.

In the sales game. The problem I have is Game doesn't use his success to promote west artists, he has no proteges, he doesn't put BWS artists on his releases, and no one associated with him who he's brought up, has had success. He's done nothing for the west other then selling albums for himself. Look at who Snoop's brought into the mainstream, look who Dre's put up, Cube, etc. If Game wants to call himself the king of the west, he needs to start promoting his own artists into the mainstream. He's done a lot for himself, and nothing for the west. Simple as that.

I can agree with all that, til the end there, he did do something for the west and he brought it back homie. But now since he keeps talking about retiring and what not, i hope he puts Clyde Carson out next to blow up!!!

Jimmy H.

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »
I can agree with all that, til the end there, he did do something for the west and he brought it back homie. But now since he keeps talking about retiring and what not, i hope he puts Clyde Carson out next to blow up!!!

He did a good job in showing that a new West Coast artist can sell but I don't think he brought the West back. Since Game come on the scene, has there been a new West Coast artist that has become a household name without a Dr. Dre stamp? Has there been a new West Coast artist that came out under Snoop or Game? Are there any WC artists that are getting that type of Lil Wayne and Kanye love as far as radio and guest features? How many new West stars are really eating right now? There isn't a renewed interest in the West Coast region as far as rap music is concerned. There is an artist from the West Coast who is selling very well but it's not like mid-90's Snoop where this whole stable of younger guys are being brought up too. I love hearing the Ice Cubes, Dogg Pounds, DJ Quiks, and cats like that but who from the West Coast has Game featured on any of his three albums that doesn't already have three albums of their own or over ten years in the music business? It's not Game's fault or even his entire responsibility but in the same breath, you can't claim responsibility for bringing something back if it isn't back. It's sort of like when people would say Death Row was back because a Tupac album like Better Dayz sold well. The established artists are always going to sell well but until people have an interest in hearing some of the new and fresher artists, it's just the same as always. It's like wrestling. You can bring Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair back for a few nights to attract the older fan base and get some nostalgia out of it but you need to take that momentum and create something new with it or you're just running the bus in circles until it's out of gas.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2008, 09:23:15 PM »

He did a good job in showing that a new West Coast artist can sell but I don't think he brought the West back. Since Game come on the scene, has there been a new West Coast artist that has become a household name without a Dr. Dre stamp? Has there been a new West Coast artist that came out under Snoop or Game? Are there any WC artists that are getting that type of Lil Wayne and Kanye love as far as radio and guest features? How many new West stars are really eating right now? There isn't a renewed interest in the West Coast region as far as rap music is concerned. There is an artist from the West Coast who is selling very well but it's not like mid-90's Snoop where this whole stable of younger guys are being brought up too. I love hearing the Ice Cubes, Dogg Pounds, DJ Quiks, and cats like that but who from the West Coast has Game featured on any of his three albums that doesn't already have three albums of their own or over ten years in the music business? It's not Game's fault or even his entire responsibility but in the same breath, you can't claim responsibility for bringing something back if it isn't back. It's sort of like when people would say Death Row was back because a Tupac album like Better Dayz sold well. The established artists are always going to sell well but until people have an interest in hearing some of the new and fresher artists, it's just the same as always. It's like wrestling. You can bring Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair back for a few nights to attract the older fan base and get some nostalgia out of it but you need to take that momentum and create something new with it or you're just running the bus in circles until it's out of gas.

Real talk too!!!

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:20 AM »

+1