Author Topic: Kemp reportedly agrees to play basketball in Italian league  (Read 675 times)

'EclipZe

Kemp reportedly agrees to play basketball in Italian league
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3539904
If more current players flee the NBA for Europe, they will see a familiar face.

The Italian team Premiata Montegranaro announced on Sunday that 38-year-old Shawn Kemp has agreed to play for the team starting in November.

"I am happy that a player that has made basketball history would come to Montegranaro," coach Alessandro Finelli said.

Finelli believed that the six-time NBA All-Star, who last played in the NBA in 2002-03, could still contribute.

"He is very motivated," Finelli said. "And he has been staying in shape to show up at our camp in good shape."

Kemp averaged 14.6 points and 8.4 rebounds over 14 NBA seasons. He played eight years with Seattle, three with Cleveland, two with Portland and finished with one season in Orlando.

Finelli did not know, however, if Kemp would be the key to the season for the Premiata, which plays in the top division of Italian basketball.

"We will discover with work in the gym if he will be a key player for our team," Finelli said. "Now, it's too soon to say that."

Kemp has flirted with attempting a comeback in the NBA many times since his last season in the league, working out for a number of teams but not sticking with any of them.

This is what will happen in ten years with most nba stars from now i bet  ;D retired from the league and makin some paper in europe

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Kemp reportedly agrees to play basketball in Italian league
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:00:52 PM »
kemps a fucking bum
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:10 AM »
This is what will happen in ten years with most nba stars from now i bet  ;D retired from the league and makin some paper in europe

I've seen Bob McAdoo, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin, etc.. playing here in Italy, immagine if we can't handle Shawn Kemp already retired from years. He's going to a poor team, from a very small city of about 13.000 people. But they have a very young and skilled team. He'll have to run his ass a lot to remain there till the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:08:30 AM by Antonio »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:28:04 AM »
Well Shawn Klump has kids to support.  Way too many.  Wonder how much he'll get.  I know its not as much as what others are saying about offering Kobe & Lebron.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 01:40:38 AM »
Well Shawn Klump has kids to support.  Way too many.  Wonder how much he'll get.  I know its not as much as what others are saying about offering Kobe & Lebron.

There's nobody offering contracts to LeBron & Kobe. Not even thinking about it. It's just them two making fun of you americans, lol. Wake up.
About Kemp, he won't get millions, lol. He signed to the team of the phisical trainer who helped him getting in shape again in the last 3 years.
He is italian, and his name is Roberto Carmenati. He's a member of the staff of this italian team called Premiata Montegranaro, so he offered him a contract.
And Kemp accepted. But it won't be big, cause the team doesn't have a lot of money to invest, and like i said it's a team of a small city of about 13,000 people.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »
the euro teams cant afford to pay 50 million to one player

25, 30? maybe....
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 03:05:20 PM »

25, 30? maybe....

if some oil boss takes over a euro club like chelsea but then a basketball team why not? lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »
LOL...so long for his NBA comeback.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 09:51:12 PM »
 :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 02:41:42 AM »

25, 30? maybe....

No. The most paid player in Italy (where Kobe wants to play, lol) is Earl Boykins, who's getting $ 3,5 mln per year for 1 year. How can they afford to pay 50 million to one player? LMAO. Not even in the NBA there are teams who can do it, immagine here in Italy.

Stop making fun of yourself, guys. Kobe and Lebron were joking.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 02:43:02 AM »

25, 30? maybe....

if some oil boss takes over a euro club like chelsea but then a basketball team why not? lol

You guys have to realize the most paid player in the NBA is probably Kevin Garnett, who gets like 20-25 mls per year. How can an european team pay a player double the price of the highest player in the NBA? lol.

'EclipZe

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 06:51:39 AM »

25, 30? maybe....

You guys have to realize the most paid player in the NBA is probably Kevin Garnett, who gets like 20-25 mls per year. How can an european team pay a player double the price of the highest player in the NBA? lol.

I know, but you never know with those crazy oil bosses :P it is a possibility but a very small one lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 09:26:22 AM »

25, 30? maybe....

you don't get it, do you? the NBA has a cap and Euroleague doesn't...if some Euro team could come up with 50 mill, they'd be stupid not to sign Kobe or LeBron for that amount.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
"Wearing rubbers so I don't go out like Shawn Kemp"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »

25, 30? maybe....

No. The most paid player in Italy (where Kobe wants to play, lol) is Earl Boykins, who's getting $ 3,5 mln per year for 1 year. How can they afford to pay 50 million to one player? LMAO. Not even in the NBA there are teams who can do it, immagine here in Italy.

Stop making fun of yourself, guys. Kobe and Lebron were joking.

on ESPN they were saying 30 mil is realistic

but the players arent goiing to do it