Author Topic: It'll cost mucho dinero for Chad Ocho Cinco to switch jerseys  (Read 140 times)

Elano

It'll cost mucho dinero for Chad Ocho Cinco to switch jerseys
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:45:19 AM »

Don't expect to see Chad Johnson Ocho Cinco wearing his new name on a jersey anytime soon. CNBC's Darren Rovell reports on his blog that the former Mr. Johnson would be forced to buy out the stock of the 100,000 remaining "C. Johnson" jerseys before making the switch to "Ocho Cinco". If Reebok asked Ocho Cinco to pay for the cost of making the unsold jerseys, the total could reach upwards of $4 million (or $50 million pesos).

Because Johnson changed his name so close to the start of the season, Reebok was left in a bind since they'd have to produce new jerseys and eat the old ones. That's why the NFL has told Johnson he'd have to reimburse the company for the price of the jerseys. That's not unprecedented, rookie linebacker Keith Rivers did it last week when he changed his uniform number. Of course, Rivers didn't have thousands of jerseys with his name on it on sales racks nationwide.

This whole charade, of course, is pretty ridiculous. It's tough to defend Johnson, as he's so narcissistic that he makes T.O. look like Mother Teresa. And the NFL is so blatant in their attempts to block Johnson from donning his new name on the back of his Bengals jersey that it almost seems beneath them. Sure, it's inane and self-serving and could set a bad precedent, but shouldn't the league be focusing on more important issues, like stopping players from celebrating touchdowns?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: It'll cost mucho dinero for Chad Ocho Cinco to switch jerseys
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:54:26 AM »
.hes not allowed to change his anme cuz that fucks a company?

Fuck that...Ocho Cinco should do what he wants...thats bullshit....and i im not och cincos biggest fan either
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »

Don't expect to see Chad Johnson Ocho Cinco wearing his new name on a jersey anytime soon. CNBC's Darren Rovell reports on his blog that the former Mr. Johnson would be forced to buy out the stock of the 100,000 remaining "C. Johnson" jerseys before making the switch to "Ocho Cinco". If Reebok asked Ocho Cinco to pay for the cost of making the unsold jerseys, the total could reach upwards of $4 million (or $50 million pesos).

Because Johnson changed his name so close to the start of the season, Reebok was left in a bind since they'd have to produce new jerseys and eat the old ones. That's why the NFL has told Johnson he'd have to reimburse the company for the price of the jerseys. That's not unprecedented, rookie linebacker Keith Rivers did it last week when he changed his uniform number. Of course, Rivers didn't have thousands of jerseys with his name on it on sales racks nationwide.

This whole charade, of course, is pretty ridiculous. It's tough to defend Johnson, as he's so narcissistic that he makes T.O. look like Mother Teresa. And the NFL is so blatant in their attempts to block Johnson from donning his new name on the back of his Bengals jersey that it almost seems beneath them. Sure, it's inane and self-serving and could set a bad precedent, but shouldn't the league be focusing on more important issues, like stopping players from celebrating touchdowns?

LOL...what kind of a name is "Ocho Cinco"?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »
well it's shorter than ochenta y cinco

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »
.hes not allowed to change his anme cuz that fucks a company?

Fuck that...Ocho Cinco should do what he wants...thats bullshit....and i im not och cincos biggest fan either

he can do what he wants..but teams have contracts written up, and if a player changes something (number/name) they have to do it by a certain date, or else they is screwed. 

of course, he could shell out the $4M it takes to buy all the already-made jerseys..im sure Reebok would cut him some sort of deal, since hes buying in bulk. :P

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

OchoCinco

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:08:57 PM »
Makes sense...but a ocho cinco jersey would be dope

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:38:24 PM »
i'd just buy em all back sign em and then auction them off and then donate the money to charity and use that as a tax write off.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »
fuck Reebok