Author Topic: Kemp reportedly agrees to play basketball in Italian league  (Read 663 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Kemp reportedly agrees to play basketball in Italian league
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:15:42 AM »
the euro teams cant afford to pay 50 million to one player

25, 30? maybe....

if some oil boss takes over a euro club like chelsea but then a basketball team why not? lol

You guys have to realize the most paid player in the NBA is probably Kevin Garnett, who gets like 20-25 mls per year. How can an european team pay a player double the price of the highest player in the NBA? lol.

you don't get it, do you? the NBA has a cap and Euroleague doesn't...if some Euro team could come up with 50 mill, they'd be stupid not to sign Kobe or LeBron for that amount.

Yeah. The fact is that the most paid player in Italy gets about $ 3.5 mlns per year (Earl Boykins), so how can you even think about a team offering $ 50 mln per year to Kobe? And it's the same in the other countries: the most paid player in Europe probably gets 4-5 mln per year. Maybe somebody can offer 6 millions. Maybe 7. If somebody goes crazy they can offer 8 millions. But there's no way they can make a bid so high to interest LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and the other superstars of the League. That's what i'm saying. Tecnically it's possible, i understand, but there's nobody with money enought to make that bid. There's not even a remote chance.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 03:18:10 AM »
the euro teams cant afford to pay 50 million to one player

25, 30? maybe....

No. The most paid player in Italy (where Kobe wants to play, lol) is Earl Boykins, who's getting $ 3,5 mln per year for 1 year. How can they afford to pay 50 million to one player? LMAO. Not even in the NBA there are teams who can do it, immagine here in Italy.

Stop making fun of yourself, guys. Kobe and Lebron were joking.

on ESPN they were saying 30 mil is realistic

but the players arent goiing to do it

On ESPN they are just talking about this shit cause it sells. Talking about LeBron joining Europe is something that makes American curious. And who gives a fuck if they're lying.

30 mil is realistic? LOL. When the most paid player in Europe gets 5-6 mln?

It's like saying a soccer team from the States can pay Kakŕ and sign him to a 5 years 70 mlns contract. LOL.

Maybe there's someone with money enought to do that, but it won't happen.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 06:19:08 AM »
^They did that with Beckham, nigga. It's all about the hype... hype sells
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 09:31:49 AM »
C'mon man, you're european. You should have more knowledge of our situation here. No teams can afford a bid that high to get LeBron's or Kobe's interest. And you should know it. Anyway, talking about Beckham, the truth is that he is 33 and way out of his prime. He's always injured, and he ain't a top player no more. Plus everybody knows David wanted to go to Los Angeles to make some business. He went there not to play in a good football team (actualy L.A. Galaxy sucks), but cause he gets 30+ millions per year from his sponsor, and they all wanted him to play in Los Angeles, to make spots, maybe movies, and his wife wanted to make movies too. He didn't go to Russia. LOL. He went to Hollywood! To do business there. He didn't even care about the team he went to. He just wanted it to be in Los Angeles cause his sponsor wanted him to go playing there. Beckham is a puppet. Just look at Samuel Eto'o. They offered him $ 50 mls to play in Uzbekistain. But he refused. We're talking about LeBron James, man! We're talking about Kobe Bryant in his prime. We're talking about the two best players in the world. In their prime. Do you really think there's a chance of them going to Tessaloniki, to Athen, to a Russian city, to Turkey, to italian city Montegranaro with 13,000 people (like Kemp did)? LOL. Do you really think they'd go to a team they don't even know if it exists just for money? They already have money! Anyway, that said, the last question: do you really think a league where the most paid player get 3 mln per year can pay 50 mlns a player of that calyber? Without a league as big as the NBA, without all the merchandise they sell in the States, without TV's paying european clubs so much like ESPN & Co. gives to the NBA, with just 20 games per year (cause most of the leagues don't play 82 games like in the States, lol), with small arenas (80% of the european arenas have an average of 5.000 people, not more. Just look at the Italian championship: they have 3-4 good arenas with max 20,000 people, but the rest are very small ones..). NO WAY. They're joking. It's something that sells, in the States. Talking about this possibility of superstars going to Europe sells. And LeBron and Kobe just said what the media wanted them to say. And the salary cap limitation doesn't mean shit. We've never had it. But you've never seen superstars going to play to Europe. It's not like all of a sudden salary cap is a problem for you guys. C'mon, you're loosing Brezec, Delfino, Arroyo, rookies. Players who weren't worth the amount of money we're paying them. And their NBA teams didn't even want to match the bids we did. Next time you loose an All-Star player we could talk about the possibility of salary cap being a problem, and Europe being an attractive place for NBA superstars.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:36:48 AM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 10:20:21 AM »
I'm not talking about basketball right now. Your ass said that them American niggas can't offer Kaka 70. I said they can, as they give Beckham, who is not nearly as good as Kaka in 2008, about 50. Now your ass makes a long ass post about them athletes not falling for that shit as they get paid hella scrilla already and are still in their prime and shit. I agree. But the point is that them MLS niggas could offer Kaka 70.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 03:19:35 AM »
Yeah, nigga. You got me. I forgot they gave Beckham 50 mln per year. I thought it was 50 per 5 years. Huge shit. Anyway i doubt there's somebody who can offer the same amount of money to Kobe & LeBron here in Europe. I mean here people went crazy cause Virtus Bologna gave Earl Boykins $ 3.5 mlns. Everybody talked about how huge the offer was. I really doubt all of a sudden a team can step up and offer 50.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 06:58:45 AM »
Maybe offering 3.5 to a nigga the size of your daughter seems a lot in Italy. But Kobe and Bron Bron are on another level. 50 is of course not affordable for an Italian team, unless some major sponsoring niggas step in. But all that shit could be worked out as soon they have it on paper, that he really is going to play for them if they pay him a certain amount. Some shit could be worked out in that case. Right now, it is unrealistic, as the club itself can not pay for it. Some oil faggot surely can.
No, it's not a sin

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »
SHawn " i have 8 kids " Kemp?

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 01:19:35 AM »
Maybe offering 3.5 to a nigga the size of your daughter seems a lot in Italy. But Kobe and Bron Bron are on another level. 50 is of course not affordable for an Italian team, unless some major sponsoring niggas step in. But all that shit could be worked out as soon they have it on paper, that he really is going to play for them if they pay him a certain amount. Some shit could be worked out in that case. Right now, it is unrealistic, as the club itself can not pay for it. Some oil faggot surely can.

The fact is that NBA won't loose LeBron. If some oil faggot makes an awesome offer, the NBA will suddenly change their salary cap system to let the Cavs match the offer without paying the luxury tax. C'mon, LeBron won't go to Ukraine or Russia.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 09:20:43 PM »
When did I ever say that LeBron is going to have his prime in Europe? That would be the most retarded thing ever. I would bitch-slap him if he did that. I'm just saying that money is not as much of an impossibility as you make it seem. You act as if everything stood the same if Kobe or LeBron where to play in Europe. As if nobody would actually care n shit. Not true.
Talking about realistic stuff, I could see Kobe finishing his career in Italy and not in the NBA. Like playing there from 2014-2016 or some shit.
No, it's not a sin

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 11:56:31 PM »
When did I ever say that LeBron is going to have his prime in Europe? That would be the most retarded thing ever.

That's what i'm saying. Some people in this forum believe Kobe & LeBron can go to Europe NOW. That's what i'm talking about! I don't believe it and it's one of the most stupid thing i've ever heard too. Anyway that said, i said i've seen Bob McAdoo, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin etc playing here in Italy, so i can realistically see Kobe Bryant (being half italian) at the end of his career playing in Milan too. Or LeBron playing in Greece or Spain in 10-15 years. That's realistic. But not NOW.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:58:06 PM by Antonio »

'EclipZe

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 06:19:08 AM »
^ lol I didn't mean now either. Tolld you AFTER they retire from the nba

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 07:52:57 AM »
I don't remember who (NIK?), but someone was saying now. Or is it just me working in the summertime instead of enjoying a beach.  :(