Author Topic: 49ers/NFL fans..  (Read 582 times)

the ghost

Re: 49ers/NFL fans..
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »
I'm glad to see Niner love on the board!  It has been a tough stretch, and for us old timers that remember the glory days its been even tougher!  I just really think that we have been spoiled by a lot of good qb's in the past 20 years, and quite unfairly the qb often gets blamed for the whole offense not running smoothly.  But in this case I feel its warranted, and that A.S. has no heart....just my opinion!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 11:00:32 AM »
I'm glad to see Niner love on the board!  It has been a tough stretch, and for us old timers that remember the glory days its been even tougher!  I just really think that we have been spoiled by a lot of good qb's in the past 20 years, and quite unfairly the qb often gets blamed for the whole offense not running smoothly.  But in this case I feel its warranted, and that A.S. has no heart....just my opinion!

^^I don't know about no heart, we just have to wait and see, HE GOT HURT LAST YEAR PEOPLE!!! After a VERY promising 2nd year.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »
Imma life long Niners fan, but I gotta say that Smith=/= full time NFL QB.  I just don't know anyway else to say it.  Might be fine as a backup/timeshare, but full time he is not.  I know its tough to rate him given the sorry state of the niners line, and offense these past few years, but I think a lot of us that watch him week in and out don't see a gamer.
word,i'll admit he has not been in the best situation (as far as the o-line,diffrent o.coordinator every damn year,last years shoulder injury) but we have been lookin for just a flash or glimmer of what it takes to get the job done,bottom line he hasnt came through.

Church...+1 to both.

the ghost

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
I mean maybe the no heart is a little harsh, but it just seems like he is not a top tier talent...I don't think he will ever take the niners deep into the playoffs.  i know that crummy qb's have won superbowls*cough* trent dilfer*cough* but I just dont see the skill set in A.S.  I know hes been banged up and all, but I have not even seen flashes of the great potential he was supposed to have.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
I mean maybe the no heart is a little harsh, but it just seems like he is not a top tier talent...I don't think he will ever take the niners deep into the playoffs.  i know that crummy qb's have won superbowls*cough* trent dilfer*cough* but I just dont see the skill set in A.S.  I know hes been banged up and all, but I have not even seen flashes of the great potential he was supposed to have.

If he gets a chance this year and he doesnt get it done, then we can all say without question HE SUCKS..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
"The leadership and qualities he has just makes you kind of want to latch onto it and follow a guy like that," Niners receiver Josh Morgan said of O'Sullivan. "J.T. knows the offense and he gets in there and takes command of the huddle. He goes out there and makes plays and gives us his all every time, and that's what you want in a quarterback."

well we know who morgan wants

Johnny B

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »
Alex Smith completed 6-of-17 passes for 83 yards and a touchdown against the Bears Thursday night.

hahaha, oh Alex. and it's funny how he went against 2nd/3rd stringers. what a pathetic bitch.

go Fins

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 10:19:19 AM »
Alex Smith completed 6-of-17 passes for 83 yards and a touchdown against the Bears Thursday night.

hahaha, oh Alex. and it's funny how he went against 2nd/3rd stringers. what a pathetic bitch.

go Fins

whos miami's QB again??

haha oihi yeah NOODLE ARM
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

the ghost

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
woops looks like smith will begin the season on da bench!

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »

go Fins

whos miami's QB again??

I wouldn't mind seeing Josh McCown start. he has a hell of an arm.

Pennington makes the most sense tho (even with his NOODLE ARM status). ha

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
49ers Name O'Sullivan Starting QB
23rd August, 2008 - 1:01 am
AP - Now as the 49ers are about to enter year four with Coach Mike Nolan and Alex Smith, the coach’s job is in jeopardy and the former quarterback of the future will begin the season as a backup, according to an Associated Press report.

Nolan announced Friday that journeyman J.T. O’Sullivan will open the season as the starter. O’Sullivan, with his eighth NFL organization in seven seasons, got just $645,000 in a little-noticed signing early in the free agency period. [READ]
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
Smith is done...

See ya in the CFL ALex!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 06:25:17 PM »
Jt looked great against the bears..hes gonne be better then ppl think, our offenese is gonna do some good things this year

The Best of 3 Worlds

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »

go Fins

whos miami's QB again??

I wouldn't mind seeing Josh McCown start. he has a hell of an arm.

Pennington makes the most sense tho (even with his NOODLE ARM status). ha

chad's a great manager of the game

but don't expect deep passes....i bet game 1 he'll make a few to throw CB's off but his arm's too weak

it's like watching a division 2 QB

i met Chad once, VERY VERY classy guy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »
Patrick Willis was credited with 226 tckls last year, the most in NFL history

The Best of 3 Worlds