Author Topic: So im the only one who thinks that Hip-Hop actually was a lil fun 2003-2005 era?  (Read 285 times)

Black Gloves

?

I know its not close to the 90s era or the 99-2001 (Xzibit, Snoop, Dre, Em droppin dope material) but still.

I loved that era b. The era of club bangers (Lean Back, How We Do, Get Low by Lil Jon, In Da Club, Yeah by Usher etc)

Despite me not likin Ti's rap skill, he came out with my favorite Ti song, Rubber Band Man
We had a new cat on the West doin his thing (Game)
We had a nigga who dropped bangin ass club songs/regular bangers (50)
You had the Game vs 50 thing
Cant front on G-Unit, they put out dope shit at first (Get Rich.., The Doc, Hunger For More & Straight Outta Cashvile..)
Interesting shit actually popped up alot during that era
The award shows was actually dope as fuck (VMA 2004 classic, BET Awards 2005 was dope 2)- Award shows actually used to matter back then.
The time were artists sold the most records (ie Usher, 50 Cent etc & Game as far as on the Westcoast)

etc etc

U niggaz is frontin if you sayin that era was boring!

Word up!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:56:48 AM by Tha Shiznit »

All the early 2000 years were crazy until 2005. 2006 sucked, 2007 sucked and 2008 should be dope too.

Black Gloves

All the early 2000 years were crazy until 2005. 2006 sucked, 2007 sucked and 2008 should be dope too.

Yeah i fuckin hated 2006. Thats when things started to change alot. Imo the only dope albums in 2006 was DA (Game) and HHID (Nas)

What the fuck happened to award shows and shit though?

I still remember when Fat Joe went upstage and thanked 50 for the security and all that lmao :D

Even the Source Awards back in the 90s and early 2000 had alot of classic moments.

The only good Bet award i can think of is BET 2005 with Jada and Will hosting..Game made a classic performance that day!

U had BET awards just 2 months ago and nobody even attended LMAO...smae ol people winning awards (ie the hottest people in the industry so BET can get more viewers)...dicriding Wayne etc.

Shits boring.

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
Yeah I agree with you, it was like a beginning of a new era. But I disagree with you on this one:

2006 sucked?? It was one of the best years of this decade! Actuall there were a lot of good records from 2000-until now. Yes I know you can't compare it to the 90ies, but wait some years and you will talk about how great this decades was.

Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang (Classic to me)
Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead
Snoop Dogg - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment (better than Ego Trippin')
The Game - Doctor's Advocate (Classic to me)
Dilated Peoples - 20/20
Jay-Z - Kingdome Come
Ice Cube - LNCL (better than Raw Footage)
Hi-Tek - Hi-Technology 2

etc.

And you can say what you want, but Timbo's production on Nelly's "Loose" and Justin's "Futursex/Lovesounds" was phenomenal.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
2006 looks good in retrospect, but there was months and months of stagnation until a bunch of releases would come out together...

but overall, I agree that 03 - 06 were pretty good, and much better than now.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
So the conclusion is that only 2007 and maybe 2008 sucked..  :D Well you can't say anything about 2008 until it's over..
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Black Gloves

So the conclusion is that only 2007 and maybe 2008 sucked..  :D Well you can't say anything about 2008 until it's over..

ehh..2003-05..that would also mean 2006 ::)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...

ehh..2003-05..that would also mean 2006 ::)

yeah yeah, but I talked about the conclusion of the conversation :)

Yeah I agree with you, it was like a beginning of a new era. But I disagree with you on this one:

2006 sucked?? It was one of the best years of this decade! Actuall there were a lot of good records from 2000-until now. Yes I know you can't compare it to the 90ies, but wait some years and you will talk about how great this decades was.

Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang (Classic to me)
Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead
The Game - Doctor's Advocate (Classic to me)
Dilated Peoples - 20/20
Jay-Z - Kingdome Come
Ice Cube - LNCL (better than Raw Footage)
Hi-Tek - Hi-Technology 2

etc.

And you can say what you want, but Timbo's production on Nelly's "Loose" and Justin's "Futursex/Lovesounds" was phenomenal.

actually yeah 2006 was a pretty good year for the standards of today.. Even Snoop came with a half decent album..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:15:40 PM by UDollar A.K.A Nino Divine »
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

BiggBoogaBiff

in 2006 i think most fans were just mad that they're favorite rapper/entertainer weren't at the top anymore.  Hip hop had been boring for a lil' minute.  i actually kinda disagree and i have to say 03-05 were actually the boringest *2003 at the top*.  Hip hop was changing mainstream wise and artist trying new routes jingle wise wasn't at it's best.  there were tons of "okay" party records - nothing really stood out in those years... lissening to "Get Rich Or Die Trying" today is like sticking a pencil in your ear and making a beat.  dont get me wrong you can't possibly weigh out 03'-05' with this 1 album but that was the standard then for obvious reasons.  the only albums that were comin' out that was even halfway decent or original was Jeezy (and your WestCoast heads so i won't back up my thoughts, there's no need).  Kanye was good Definatly and Luda stepped his game up.  TI used to get better and better with every verse back then and Wayne just took lyrical steroid pills and his shit wen lava overnight.  David Banner shit was cool, Face shit always rocked (*even though i was a little disappointed production wise).  Snoop had finally went back to his old Doggy Dogg style.  And to you die hard dickryders Kurupt still sounded like a kid in special ed at a christmas recital - but that was bcuz he was bullshittin on DeathRow if you aren't that smart to realize that yet... Pimp C was released  8) And those were the only real highlights of the 03-05 rap game that comes to mind instantly.  albums were boring (underground too) bcuz of record label decisions (hince a whole new Coast taking over).  but i guess in the end it all worked out.  like i've said before rappers like Snoop couldn't drop singles like Beautiful and now the whole mood of hip hop is changing to Gangsta RnB (the future of hip hop- you read it hear 1st).  So business wise those were the beginning of the golden years but musically/sonically it was a mess- basically like watching a baby grow into a 8 year old.  but "to each his own"...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:44:23 PM by BiggBoogaBiff »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah bro that early aftermath era was dope! Shit went downhill after Yayo's album dropped

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

:o

I don't know about that. ???

Kilo4

yeah i getw hat u mean

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
thats a while before i completely got out of hip hop, so ill say yes, it was fun.