Author Topic: What do you guys think about my fantasy team?!??!?  (Read 400 times)

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
What do you guys think about my fantasy team?!??!?
« on: August 25, 2008, 10:05:44 AM »
alright so my friends and I are having a fantasy league and the draft was yesterday. The Winner gets 1200 dollars which is pretty sick but i was the 8th pick in the draft. So heres my team tell me what you think about it.
QB - Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Brodie Croyle(bench)
RB - Clinton Portis, Lawrence Maroney, Thomas Jones (Bench), Darren Sproles (Bench)
WR - Plexico Burress, Wes Welker, Chris Chambers, Dwayne Bowe (bench) Devon Hester (bench)
TE -  Todd Heap, D.Lee (Bench)
D - San Diego Chargers
K - Akers
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:08:58 AM by HipHopISalive »
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

smegma

Re: What do you guys think about my fantasy team?!??!?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:44:53 AM »
What sport is this for?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:44:07 AM »
Burress is hurt right now.. and Welker was a good choice. He was a steal for me last season.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »
I don't think Welker will re-live what he did last year.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »

smegma

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »
What sport is this for?
::)

Don't play like that's a dumb question. It could be baseball, football, ice hockey or any other sport ::)

What sport is this for?

water polo

And who won the Olympic title? ;D

NEDERLAND!!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »
alright so my friends and I are having a fantasy league and the draft was yesterday. The Winner gets 1200 dollars which is pretty sick but i was the 8th pick in the draft. So heres my team tell me what you think about it.
QB - Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Brodie Croyle(bench)
RB - Clinton Portis, Lawrence Maroney, Thomas Jones (Bench), Darren Sproles (Bench)
WR - Plexico Burress, Wes Welker, Chris Chambers, Dwayne Bowe (bench) Devon Hester (bench)
TE -  Todd Heap, D.Lee (Bench)
D - San Diego Chargers
K - Akers

Your RB's are kind of weak (most of em were after the first 4 or so anyways). But i like your WR's. I had the 9th pick in my draft and ended up with Romo. You should drop your 3rd QB and pick up another defense. The chances of you ever using a 3rd QB is pretty slim. But if the Chargers have an unfavorable matchup for their D (especially with no Merriman) you could start a different D for that week.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Johnny B

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »
u haven't told us the starting positions or how many teams there are in the league.

this very well could be a 2 QB league.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 02:02:40 PM »

true, didnt think of that.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
Heres mine...

QB   Tony Romo,  BN  Brett Favre
RB   Marshawn Lynch, RB   Michael Turner,   BN  Ricky Williams,  BN  Chris Brown
WR   Greg Jennings,  WR   Laveranues Coles,  WR   Chris Chambers,  BN   Kevin Curtis,
       BN   Nate Burleson, BN   Bobby Engram
TE   Antonio Gates
W/R   LenDale White
K   David Akers
DEF   Green Bay
BN    Oakland

10 team league.
QB
RB, RB
WR, WR, WR
TE
W/R
K
DEF

Bobby Engram and Kevin Curtis are injured. It would be nice to hold on to em until they get back, maybe a month. But I might have to drop at least one of em. Maybe pick up a second TE.

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »
^ decent team. u got a lot of potential with ur WRs and RBs. plus, can't go wrong with Romo and Gates.

I actually drafted Engram in a 10 team league (PPR and start 4 WR), and got screwed, so I'm starting Toomer as my 4th.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »
^ decent team. u got a lot of potential with ur WRs and RBs. plus, can't go wrong with Romo and Gates.

I actually drafted Engram in a 10 team league (PPR and start 4 WR), and got screwed, so I'm starting Toomer as my 4th.

Yeah, Chambers could have a big year this year in that Charger offense. Coles is good, but i picked him up mostly cus of the Brett Favre factor. Those Jets receivers might have a better then normal year. Also, I was hearing before the draft that Ricky Williams might get the starting nod over Ronnie Brown. So had to pick him up.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

Yeah, Chambers could have a big year this year in that Charger offense. Coles is good, but i picked him up mostly cus of the Brett Favre factor. Those Jets receivers might have a better then normal year. Also, I was hearing before the draft that Ricky Williams might get the starting nod over Ronnie Brown. So had to pick him up.

props for knowing the deal...

yea, Chambers is a beast. of course I know that, following his career with the Dolphins. another year in the system with Rivers and they're good to go. only thing I don't like is Gates and LT taking away his looks. he's a beast when he gets the ball.

as for Coles, I agree. he could very well be Favre's new Greg Jennings.

GREAT pickup with Ricky. both of them were actually taking first team snaps at practice today, so they're gonna ease Ronnie back into action.

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »
u haven't told us the starting positions or how many teams there are in the league.

its a Its a 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D league
and there was 12 teams and i had the 8th pick

CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA