Author Topic: CREDITS: Keri Hilson - In A Perfect World  (Read 2929 times)

Matty

Re: CREDITS: Keri Hilson - In A Perfect World
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 08:38:08 PM »
'how does it feel' is a banger - best track on here. solid big sounding beat from tim & danja, switches up, top notch vocal production.

this is one of those albums where the best leftovers + best tracks on the finished album would make a far better lp overall. can we get some hookups for the leftovers that leaked in the best quality possible? i only have a few and some in limited quality.

NoThru22

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: PARTIAL CREDITS: Keri Hilson - In A Perfect World
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »
what happened to Control Me?
Apparently people are saying Control Me is a Rihanna demo (aka you'll hear it on the radio with Rihanna singing it instead.)

Return the Favor is the best track on the album.  Second best is How Does It Feel.  The rest are WTF were they thinking???

Matty

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
yeah man its kinda wack i'm not feeling any of the polow da don tracks and its pretty lame in general for such a heavily delayed album. even danja's input is way below standard for him. keri hilson's solo career is officially a failure, sales will be weak. shame cause she can sing, write and is sexy too.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:57 PM »
Hmmn i thought this was actually a really solid album, okay the production could have maybe been better when you think about who the producer line up is but i think the production suits the feel of the album pretty much perfectly, hopefully it does well sales wise as she's real talented and hot as fuck lol i need to listen to it again when im not so tired and in a different mood, its 4.30am at the mo and im just in the mood to chill, maybe my opinion will change when i listen to the album in a more alive mood

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »
After listening to this couple of times the production is very strong, not on the level of Justin and Nelly cds but close. But Keri Hilson should stick to being a ghostwriter she can't hold an album on her own.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »
I thought this was a decent album,  but for me the shit has to be spectacular just because it's a female singer so the relation factor isn't really there...

The lyrics are either really generic or overly raunchy..  Keri can sing, she doesn't try to go out of her range but will just create more melody within her range..  The beats are top notch.  If Ne-Yo had this shit it would be on..  Probably because of the joint production effort...

Still, the song concepts alone are so "used to being use to" that I feel like I've heard this album a million times on the radio already.

"Energy" is my favorite track, the only one I'll be keeping...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

Matty

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »
props.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »
Does anyone have any info on The Runaways...  I can't find a Myspace or anything about them......

EDIT: Nevermind found some info:

The Runaways haven't produced much. They did "Love Like This" (Natasha ft Sean Kingston) and Leona Lewis - "Take A Bow". The main member of the production team is Ryan Tedder

May 19, 2008 7:34 AM
Anonymous said...

the runawayz are composed of various top writers including ryan tedder from timbo camp..and rico love who wrote throwback for ushers last cd..they all have credits and huge publishing deals seperately..i guess due to the sucess of putting writers together like the clutch its catching on with other writers
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:56:21 AM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 01:12:55 AM »
I thought this was a decent album,  but for me the shit has to be spectacular just because it's a female singer so the relation factor isn't really there...

The lyrics are either really generic or overly raunchy..  Keri can sing, she doesn't try to go out of her range but will just create more melody within her range..  The beats are top notch.  If Ne-Yo had this shit it would be on..  Probably because of the joint production effort...

Still, the song concepts alone are so "used to being use to" that I feel like I've heard this album a million times on the radio already.

what else did you expect?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 02:42:21 AM »

I honestly didn't know, because this is her first album... 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »

I honestly didn't know, because this is her first album... 
ah ok.

i just thought it was obvious you know  ;)
she was featured on Timbaland's horrible pop album.
she's on interscope.
add the producers list, the guest features + the track titles and there you have it, a bunch of hints ;D

i actually downloaded the album, to check how bad it was.
i was suprised how accurate my expectations were  :D ;)
i deleted the file shortly after

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »
Yeah well I'm an optimist no matter how critical I can be..

Just wondering, what did you think of Justin and Nelly's albums with Timbo? 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:24 AM »

i see  ;)

anyway, i've only heard Justin's album once, a while ago and i didn't like it.
i haven't checked Nelly's album and i don't think i should, to protect my ears  ;D ;)

what about you?

WestKos

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »

Nelly Furtado's album was very good, it marked the coming back of Timbaland IMO (he never left but he came with a new sound on that one). but Justin was a pure masterpiece! Just remarkable......from the very beginning to the end!