Author Topic: if ya in cali..and looking for homes in the future....  (Read 336 times)

AnybodyKilla

Re: if ya in cali..and looking for homes in the future....
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 01:36:43 AM »
My old man flipped like 2 in the last year. Got another one on our heads right now, but dont know what were gonna do with it yet!!!

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 05:00:14 PM »
maybe you need to re-read what i wrote...'the market is starting to get better, still really bad tho".

ill break it down for ya...

starting to get better -  a little bit better than it was.  sales are going up, even if its just a lil bit... even if it was just a 1% increase, its still better than it was. 

still really bad tho - the market is still fucked, no one is saying its not. 

its like saying "gas prices are getting better, but theyre still really bad tho".  if gas was 4.75 one month, then the next month its down to 3.99, would you not say that "the price of gas is getting better, but its still bad"? 

see, thats exactly where you are wrong...I don't know how much more simple and plain I can put it: ITS NOT GETTING BETTER.  More sales than expected does not mean the market is getting better.  Values are still falling.  More houses are going on the market.  More people are getting foreclosed on.  More people cannot afford their mortgage payments.  More houses on the market is logically going to lead to more sales.  But if the sales prices are lower, and its a lot of foreclosed and bank owned homes getting sold, that is not better.  The market right now is much worse than it was a year ago, so I don't know what your definition of "better" is, but it seems to need quite a creative explanation.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/HomebuyingGuide/HomePriceReport.aspx

Here, try learning something, rather than talk about something that you have no clue about.

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »
Analysts are expecting shit to bottom out 3rd quarter of 2009 (based on forecasted defaults and foreclosures).
As acgrundy said, values are still falling, so things are not "getting better" yet.