Author Topic: Phil Jackson's top athlete  (Read 320 times)

Elano

Phil Jackson's top athlete
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
The Lakers' mentor says the greatest athlete he ever coached wasn't Kobe, Jordan, or Shaq

Phil Jackson sure had plenty to say during a speech to the University of North Dakota as part of the convocation in which he received an honorary degree. Of the course of an hour, P-Jax criticized his school's nickname, told funny stories about Shaq swimming, and picked Dennis Rodman as the greatest athlete he ever coached. From the OC Register: "[Rodman] could probably play a 48-minute game and play the 48th minute stronger than the first minute of the game," Jackson told the crowd at UND. "He was that terrific an athlete."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Phil Jackson's top athlete
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
...I thought he was gunna say Luke Walton.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »
Phil is such an attention whore. He likes to say off the wall things in order to get the spotlight.

On a side note, Rodman WAS a great athlete. No doubt. But this shit is typical Phil Jackson.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:12:44 PM »
You gotta give credit to a dude that would go out and get shitfaced every night then put up good numbers the next day

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
You gotta give credit to a dude that would go out and get shitfaced every night then put up good numbers the next day

yeah, not easy to pull down 20 rebounds when youre a walking STD.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

h2k4

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »

yeah, not easy to pull down 20 rebounds when youre a walking STD.
LOL.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »
so much for Phils credibility

niggas insane
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 10:10:08 PM »
rodman was a beast, you have to recognize that. dude was like a pogo stick. he kept in good health for a long time considering he was always the garbage man, and doing shit like this:

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »
What's wrong with that? Rodman was a 6'8 pf who dominated guys way bigger than him. I don't think I've ever seen another player guard every single position so well.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Elano

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 01:46:41 AM »
rodman was a beast, you have to recognize that. dude was like a pogo stick. he kept in good health for a long time considering he was always the garbage man, and doing shit like this:

wtf ?  :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »
The Lakers' mentor says the greatest athlete he ever coached wasn't Kobe, Jordan, or Shaq

Phil Jackson sure had plenty to say during a speech to the University of North Dakota as part of the convocation in which he received an honorary degree. Of the course of an hour, P-Jax criticized his school's nickname, told funny stories about Shaq swimming, and picked Dennis Rodman as the greatest athlete he ever coached. From the OC Register: "[Rodman] could probably play a 48-minute game and play the 48th minute stronger than the first minute of the game," Jackson told the crowd at UND. "He was that terrific an athlete."

good to hear Dennis get his props... I loved Dennis on and off the court.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 07:40:50 AM »

good to hear Dennis get his props... I loved Dennis on and off the court.

i bet Dennis loved u off the court as well
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 11:14:23 AM »

i bet Dennis loved u off the court as well

not funny... Dennis wasn't homosexual by the way... all he was trying to say was that he didn't deny that he had "thought" about it, and that he felt a lot of men had "thought" about it, but were too macho to admit. 

Most athletes just try to be politically correct when dealing with the media, but Dennis displayed his flaws and eccentricities.  He was in the back of his pickup truck one night while he was still playing for the Detroit Pistons and he was ready to kill himself.  He had the gun in hand and everything.  And then he said he did kill himself.  That he killed the Dennis everyone wanted him to be, and he decided that if he wasn't going to start being himself than it wasn't worth living at all. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:15:59 AM by Infinite 5'9" »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 01:57:01 PM »
well he did bang carmen elektra

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
well he did bang carmen elektra

Is that the only way you think?  Like, "ohhh he's cool, he's not a homo cause he banged Carmen Electra, so he gets props from me... but if not for that, he's just faggot who rebounded well".  Is that how limited your thinking is?