Author Topic: Where should I go on vacation ?  (Read 664 times)

Archetype

Re: Where should I go on vacation ?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
This might sound cliche'd, but if you wait till mid-October I'd drive up to Mass. or NH, and take a lady friend with you to a semi rural little town for all the changing colors. I've done it before and it's very relaxing and despite it's relative closeness, it's a radical change of pace from New York.

herpes

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 09:11:06 PM »
This might sound cliche'd, but if you wait till mid-October I'd drive up to Mass. or NH, and take a lady friend with you to a semi rural little town for all the changing colors. I've done it before and it's very relaxing and despite it's relative closeness, it's a radical change of pace from New York.

See the lady friend I would take is one of the main reasons I am extremely stressed.  On top of the fact there is a possibility I may lose my job and work has been very stressful the past month.  And finally realizing that coming from a family of criminals, sociopaths, low lives, sexual deviants, druggies, and all around white trash isn't something be proud of.  And I haven't been on a vacation in fucking years, I'm talking more then 10 years.  I just need to get away from everyone and everything.  I'm 23 years old and I have been working non-stop without any extended time off and that was b/c I was in between jobs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:12:45 PM by Tommy Fits is your hero »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »
coming from a family of all around white trash

so after all these years i was actually right?... 8)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 11:30:24 PM »

lmao...

but on some real talk...u should hit up jamaica or some shit... 8) 8) 8)

herpes

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 03:42:43 PM »

by white trash I mean a bunch of criminals and liars.  Not your typical white trash living in a trailer that doesn't shower.  And where your cousin is also your wife.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »

by white trash I mean a bunch of criminals and liars.  Not your typical white trash living in a trailer that doesn't shower.  And where your cousin is also your wife.

surrrrre. ;D

acgrundy

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
if you think you might lose your job why don't you just wait it out, so that if you do you can collect the pay, and then you will have plenty of time to take a vacation.  The economy is going to be the worst of our lifetime...you may want to start saving some money.

herpes

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
if you think you might lose your job why don't you just wait it out, so that if you do you can collect the pay, and then you will have plenty of time to take a vacation.  The economy is going to be the worst of our lifetime...you may want to start saving some money.

see thats what I am trying to do and I know better but sometimes piece of mind is more important then money.  Though I have always been the type to go for the money.  Odds are I wont take a vacation b/c I hate spending money on myself.  I'm the type of person that say I need a kidney transplant I will say "well my insurance has a $100 co-pay do I really want to pay that b/c after all I'm going to die one day anyways"

acgrundy

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »

see thats what I am trying to do and I know better but sometimes piece of mind is more important then money.  Though I have always been the type to go for the money.  Odds are I wont take a vacation b/c I hate spending money on myself.  I'm the type of person that say I need a kidney transplant I will say "well my insurance has a $100 co-pay do I really want to pay that b/c after all I'm going to die one day anyways"

no, I completely understand.  Vacations are great...imo necessary to live a fulfilling life.  From what it sounds like you are long past due.  But when you say piece of mind over money...well, no job and no money in the next year may give you the worst piece of mind of your young life so far.  I was in the mortgage industry (not any of the bullshit selling), I follow the finance news and wallstreet everyday.  The united states is fucked...no one way about it.  regardless of whether the gov does this bailout for banks, every american will pay for it one way or another.  You think gas is high now?  Groceries high now?  Plane tickets high now?  Just wait.  Unemployment is very high right now, and imo just going to get worse.  I would want to have some savings to last it out.  You especially got it bad being in New York...that will be possibly the hardest hit state in the country, either NY or cali.  What industry are you in?  You are young man, working should be no problem for you.  Spend some time and learn some stuff.  Invest your money while you are young.  I definitely agree in taking vacations, but I'd say now is probably the worst time of your life to take a vacation.