Poll

Which Crooked I do you prefer?

Death Row Crooked I
Treacherous Crooked I

Author Topic: Death Row Crooked I vs. Treacherous Crooked I  (Read 759 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Death Row Crooked I vs. Treacherous Crooked I
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »
My lil' brother used to bump Crook's music heavy back in '99 - '03. He used to have a gang of Crook's music from bootlegs that he acquired during that period of time. I asked him if I could burn off a bunch of those tracks the other night for nostalgic purposes, but he didn't have those bootlegs anymore except for a few tracks in mp3 on his computer, since his CD collection was jacked from his crib a few years ago.    :(

Needless to say, I prefer the old Death Row Crooked I. His delivery was more aggressive & raw than it is today. Sometimes I have trouble getting into his off-beat flow that he seems to employ in the majority of his songs today. It also depends on the kind of beat he's riding, otherwise the off-beat flow doesn't really do it for me. It feels lazy. But to each their own.

Back in his Death Row era, he would ride the hell outta every beat effortlessly without slipping. His flow seemed tighter back then versus today, but that's just my opinion.

However, his lyrical dexterity is just as strong if not stronger today than before? That's one thing I will give the nigga straight up. He's got bars times infinity.

At the end of the day though, if I were given a choice between hearing Crook's Death Row catalog or his yet released Boss album, I'd def go for the Death Row shit. Don't get it twisted though, I'll still take his Boss album too, but gimme that Death Row Crooked I first, then Boss.

Kilo4

Re: Death Row Crooked I vs. Treacherous Crooked I
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
Death Row Crooked I

he has some real idiots representing him now at his Dynsaty forums, gives him a very bad name and makes some DJs not play his music because of this.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:45:16 AM »
yeah str8 up hes one of the best, possibly the best out as far as the most lyrical!

I like his death row stuff ("get off the block", "we ballin"and more) his stuff he did wit murder inc.
but I especially like tha creased khaki flow era, then came boom boom clap, then came cali boyz, then came str8 bosses, then came nwa, then came more heat after heat!

but damn we need a album period!!
all i ever wanted and the other one wit the piano

them traccs is fire, pure fire!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
This is one of my favorite Crooked I freestyles, point-blank. Listen to the aggressiveness in his delivery. Dude was going off.

crooked_i_wake_up_show_educational_knowledge_freestyle.mp3 - 2.13MB

love33

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
Is this even a real question? Death Row Crooked I hands down.  When Suge Knight owned him, he made his best music -- "Raw Dawgs," "Bang On Em," "So Damn Hood," "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" ft. Eastwood & Ja Rule, "Middle Finger Music" (Snoop Diss), "Death Rizzo," "Crook N Me," "Gangstaology," "G'd Up and Bang'd Out," "Drunk Drivin In My Glasshouse" ft. Tha Realest, "I Love The Ghetto To Death," "Gangsta Holiday,"  and tons of other tracks we will likely not get to hear unless someone leaks them like his tracks with Jadakiss, Too Short, The Outlawz, Daz Dillinger, The Outlawz, Juvenile, etc.

Post Death Row he has just been a complete let down.  First off, he asked for his release so he could drop an album and now all he does is trip over the fact Death Row didn't release "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" and never did anything to get his own music released such as he was offered to sign with Jay-Z on Roc-A-Fella back in 2004 and Irv Gotti offered him a deal he turned down with The Inc Records.  His music has slipped and he can't flow with the track.  Dissapointing tracks like "N.W.A.," "Boom Boom Clap," "Hoodstars," "Cali Boys," "Big Dreams" ft. Akon (copy off of The Game's track 'dreams').  He just sounds like a dictionary rapper that never evolved and can't flow with the track and tries to spit off-beat and outrun the beat with his recycled lyrics.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
real shit str8 up!

Is this even a real question? Death Row Crooked I hands down.  When Suge Knight owned him, he made his best music -- "Raw Dawgs," "Bang On Em," "So Damn Hood," "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" ft. Eastwood & Ja Rule, "Middle Finger Music" (Snoop Diss), "Death Rizzo," "Crook N Me," "Gangstaology," "G'd Up and Bang'd Out," "Drunk Drivin In My Glasshouse" ft. Tha Realest, "I Love The Ghetto To Death," "Gangsta Holiday,"  and tons of other tracks we will likely not get to hear unless someone leaks them like his tracks with Jadakiss, Too Short, The Outlawz, Daz Dillinger, The Outlawz, Juvenile, etc.

Post Death Row he has just been a complete let down.  First off, he asked for his release so he could drop an album and now all he does is trip over the fact Death Row didn't release "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" and never did anything to get his own music released such as he was offered to sign with Jay-Z on Roc-A-Fella back in 2004 and Irv Gotti offered him a deal he turned down with The Inc Records.  His music has slipped and he can't flow with the track.  Dissapointing tracks like "N.W.A.," "Boom Boom Clap," "Hoodstars," "Cali Boys," "Big Dreams" ft. Akon (copy off of The Game's track 'dreams').  He just sounds like a dictionary rapper that never evolved and can't flow with the track and tries to spit off-beat and outrun the beat with his recycled lyrics.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

D-Stress

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 12:00:29 PM »
Death Row Crooked I     - 5 (100%)
Treacherous Crooked I    - 0 (0%)

*Evil Laughter*

C´Mon Homes, Ya Know Da Deal..

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
damn that boy looka here freestyle he did wit horse shoe gang is fire tho!!!!

fuck now if we want him to go back to his death row style, well never get the album!!

then hell have to make a transition from this new west/style to
 death rows back, here we go again,
death rows back better get off the block

and which snoop diss is that?
or was it renamed?
Cube

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
damn that boy looka here freestyle he did wit horse shoe gang is fire tho!!!!

fuck now if we want him to go back to his death row style, well never get the album!!

then hell have to make a transition from this new west/style to
 death rows back, here we go again,
death rows back better get off the block

Actually, I'm not asking the nigga to go back to his Death Row style. Personally, it'd be interesting to hear his Death Row albums first, then Boss to see if he evolved as an artist or not? But from the few newer songs that I've heard from him, I'm assuming he'll be using that off-beat flow quite a bit on Boss?  ???

It's a shame that we'll probably never get to hear his Death Row shit though.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
or was it renamed?

Don't know? I remember one of them was on that Westcoasanostra mixtape called "Quit Snitchin". Is that the one you're looking for?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 12:22:18 PM »
yeah i heard that 1 and i have that release
it sounded like another 1 since its named wit a different tittle

or was it renamed?

Don't know? I remember one of them was on that Westcoasanostra mixtape called "Quit Snitchin". Is that the one you're looking for?
Cube

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 12:25:06 PM »
Death Row Crooked I

he has some real idiots representing him now at his Dynsaty forums, gives him a very bad name and makes some DJs not play his music because of this.

Shut the fuck up. Dynasty Online Community mods and admins are the reason why Kiss FM in London was playing "Dream Big". This is also because of us that Crooked I got played on KRCK FM and some other radio stations in the US and Europe. He won the contest to get featured on Black Ty's single thanks to us (too bad he retired, though). There wouldn't have been a "Evolution of A Boss" double album mixtape that got downloaded more 100 thousand of times without the Dynasty Online Community. And the list goes on and on.

So please, shut up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »
I can feel that but more needs to be done, i mean it seems like hes on a fucked up label again, and it was all treach this, n treach that
Cube

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »
Anyone here have any Crooked I tracks produced by Big Hutch aka Cold 187um?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
damn that be nice considerin they were both down wit tha row
(damn im not feelin this new big hutch shit hes doin tho, his previous solo album is dope fuck!!)
and he killed that black superman freestyle
damn these two need to work on some real shit

Anyone here have any Crooked I tracks produced by Big Hutch aka Cold 187um?

Cube