Author Topic: T.I. Associate Alfamega Plots Collabo Album W/ Busta Rhymes (CONFIRMED GUESTS)  (Read 219 times)

Lunatic

SOHH recently chopped it up with the self-proclaimed "Grand Hustle Muscle," Alfamega, to talk about his upcoming debut, trying to be as big as his label head T.I. and his plans to record a joint album with Busta Rhymes.

Alfamega grew up in an Atlanta housing project and by age nine, he already found himself caught up in a life of crime.  Though rap was always a hobby, Alfa didn’t begin to hone his craft until he was sentenced to seven years in jail.

Within weeks of being released the rapper landed a deal with Universal Records and when that deal dissolved, his childhood friend T.I. was there to embrace him.

“I got with Tip, we did a handshake deal, never signed no contracts or nothing,” Alfamega explains.  T.I. eventually helped the rapper secure a deal with Capitol Records through his own label, Grand Hustle.

“The Capitol deal came about because me and him had a discussion about me being as big as he is and it wouldn’t be feasible to either one of us to go through Atlantic.”

Alfamega thinks his chances of reaching T.I. status are pretty good.

“It’s strongly possible,” he said.  “It’s just getting the music and the material out there to the people right and letting the people know my story.” Alfa will get to tell his story on his debut album I Am Alfamega this fall.

With tracks from Nitty and Drumma Boy, Alfa hopes to touch people with his lyrics.

“To me the biggest song on my album is ‘Imagine’” he said.  “Cause it’s the most touching song to me.  I wrote it when I was in prison. Basically [it’s about] the pain and everyday stress I went through while I was locked up and the stuff I saw and the stuff that people who are still incarcerated are going through both men and women.”

In addition to preparing his debut album, Alfamega recently starred in the Daz Dillinger produced film, Make It Rain, and is also eyeing a collaborative album with Busta Rhymes.

Alfamega says when fans saw the chemistry that he and Busta had on T.I.’s song “Hurt,” they urged the two rappers to record more records.

“The streets really brought it up,” Alfa explains.  “After "Hurt" they was saying it because they was like they never seen anybody who can really keep up with the energy with Busta on stage. A lot of people was telling him that and a lot of people was telling me that so we decided to give the people what they want.”

In the meantime, fans can hear Busta on Alfa’s new album, which will also features guest appearances by T.I., Young Dro, 8Ball & MJG, Bun B, Pimp C and LeToya Luckett.

I Am Alfamega hits stores on October 14th.

UGK & 8BALL/MJG :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
props. we got 22 days until paper trail people also check out the mtv awards tonight at 9pm.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

barracade

• Lil Geezy
alfamega is wack. period.

Lunatic

props. we got 22 days until paper trail people also check out the mtv awards tonight at 9pm.
the wait is almost over. catch T.I. performing tonight at 9PM on those very MTV awards with Rhianna and watch him win best male hip-hop video for "No Matter What."  ;D

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love