Author Topic: The Game - LAX  (Read 2558 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
The Game - LAX
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:59:38 AM »
My turn!
...No scale.

Intro - What the fuck, thought DMX held that shit to himself and his albums. It's not bad, but doesn't belong on this album. Deleted from the playlist.

LAX Files - Whoa, shit goes hard and that hook is really really good. Great track, my favorite.

State of Emergency feat. Ice Cube - It's an okay track, not really feeling the beat, but Game has a good flow and the hook is not bad. Cube shoulda had a verse though.

Bulletproof Diaries feat. Raekwon - Again, I'm not feeling the beat, but both rappers rap good back 2 back. Like Meho said, you can tell they were in the studio together.

My Life feat. Lil' Wayne - This is the track I got on my mind these days. It's a really good track and even though the hook is recycled and autotuned, it fits really well with the song and I don't really care about all the namedropping. That's The Game!

Money - Really dope sample, but the title and the subject is kinda played out. It's a dope song though.

Cali Sunshine feat. Bilal - Summertime, hell yeah! The hook is good, the verses are dope and beat is bouncy.

Ya Heard feat. Ludacris - I was kinda surprised when I saw Luda on the album and it didn't really lived up to my expectations. Okay Luda killed it as usual, the beat is kinda funky, but Game was just about average. I was expecting a banger of dimensions.

Hard Liquor (skit) - Skits are bad mmmkay.

House Of Pain - Dope song, sounds real dark and grimey.

Gentleman's Affair feat. Ne-Yo -  Worst track on the album but 'Yo owned it - Nuff said.

Let Us Live feat. Chrisette Michelle - Nas' flow, banging beat, good hook by Michelle equals a good song. The only thing that woulda been better is Nas did this himself. I really can live with his swagger jacking here.

Touchdown feat. Raheem DeVaughn - So smooooth, the hook is really sexy (no homo, lol) and the beat pounds. Game flows really cool.

Angel feat. Common - Oh the funk! Is that really John Legend on the hook? I love it no matter what. Can't believe Kanye produced this, sounds like real west coast! Game shines, Common delivers and this is probably my second favorite track on this!

Never Say Goodbye feat. LaToya Williams - I'd never though I'd say this but this is the first LaToya hook I am feeling. (I haven't heard that many though). It's a good song, but I just wish he coulda impersonated them all or nobody, as he's obviously good at it and it can't be too hard to jack Pac's and E's style. Very good tribute.

Dope Boys feat. Travis Barker - This bangs for sure! Nuff said.

Game's Pain feat. Keyshia Cole - I liked this track from day 1, a nice song and one of my favorites.

Letter To The King feat. Nas - A really nice way to finish the album (shoulda been the last track), love the beat, the singing/harmonizing in the background and Nas outshines Game.

Outro feat. DMX - See intro.

So here's the deal... It's a really dope album minus a couple of weak songs, one wack, the intro, the interlude and the outro.
I haven't heard the bonus tracks therefore I won't say anything about them.

Favorites:
1. LAX Files
2. Angel
3. My Life
4. Game's Pain
4. Letter To The King
6. Dope Boys

Will buy this for sure.

kemizt

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: The Game - LAX
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
I thought this was called lax? Aint nothing la about this album besides song with cube, games real lax was doctors advocate that shit was lax to me. Except the song with swiss cheese or swiss beats whatever. docs advocate would been classic without dat song.
Bullets aint got no names

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »
Lax?

It's pronounced Ell Ey Eks..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:22:52 AM by K.Dub »

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
LAX Files - Whoa, shit goes hard and that hook is really really good. Great track, my favorite.
mayne, u ain't playin..that hook is NUTS..gets me PUMPED when i hear it, haha..best hook i've heard in a WHILE..Samuel Christian AKA Shorty BEEN dropping great hooks!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »
The album wasnt Games best but it sure bangs. I have to say Touchdown and LAX Files are my favourite songs.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »
The album wasnt Games best but it sure bangs.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »
Good review man. I thought differently on some tracks, but for the most part we see eye-to-eye on this. It's a good album, but DA is just way better IMO, and Documentary rips both them apart.

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
Intro -
LAX Files - 4/5
State of Emergency feat. Ice Cube - 4/5
Bulletproof Diaries feat. Raekwon - 3/5
My Life feat. Lil' Wayne - 5/5
Money - 4/5
Cali Sunshine feat. Bilal - 2/5
Ya Heard feat. Ludacris - 2.5/5