Author Topic: Official Dubb Union album thread -- It is out today, i have a copy.  (Read 1992 times)

D Breezy

Re: Official Dubb Union album thread -- It is out today, i have a copy.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »
im pissed now that i know all cds were pressed fucked up, still confused cali grown wasnt on the cd, and dissappointed that half the tracks on this cd were not that great and the other half were average...
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 10:43:32 AM »
WTF are people talking about!!  The sound quality is fine.  One track skips, that's it.  The track is #13, Dubb You, which another poster already posted a fixed version of the song, so it's a freebie.  The people who are saying the quality sucks are from those who downloaded it from a net rip.  The album's sound quality is fine and is mixed fine.  The bass is plenty good for me.

OK, Cali Grown is a GREAT song, no doubt.  But it's been on Dubcnn forever, and it was on their mixtape too.  Even DJ Crazy Toones admitted in the intro of the mixtape that everyone had the song by now.  So why would they put it on their album too??  I'd much rather they put a new song on their album then a song i've heard a million times now.  Damn, if you all want Cali Grown bad enough, download the mixtape, it's free.  If they put it on the album, people would be bitchin about paying for a song that they can get for free....you just can't win.

Is the album worth buying without hearing first? I don't want to download it, just want to support the movement, so is this hot or not?

Yes it's hot, just buy it!  It's 12.99 at Best Buy!  I can't believe the cheapness of some of these people.  You all are supposed to be ballers, and 12.00 is gonna break you?  Come on people.  They gave you a hot ass FREE mixtape, not to mention all the Welcome To The Chuuch mixtapes Soopafly was on....all FREE too.  Now these guys would like you to buy their album to help support them.  Soopafly's given us all at least 40 songs free of charge.  Buying his album is not too much to ask....and to top it all off, it's a hot album and worth every penny!  Now I can see why other Westcoast cats like Twinz, BG Knoccout, etc. aren't wasting their time making new albums, these westcoast fans are a bunch of cheapskates!  Then when some westcoast cats finally release stuff, like Ice Cube, Game, and Dubb Union, we get a million threads hating on all the albums.  I'm sure these guys can make more money making movies, ringtones and other bullshit, but they are making albums to get the west back on top, and all they get is hate.  I cannot even begin to count how many people were swearin they were gonna get the album after the FREE mixtape dropped.  Well here the album's out now, and everyone just trying to make excuses as to why the can't buy it.

**sorry for the rant, not speaking to anyone in particular**
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:51:36 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Capone~CA

• 'G'
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »
i got mines on itunes, no problems on that and real cheap too $5.99 to be exact.  shit i don't even buy cd's anymore with skipping possibilities and wear and tear fuck that, artwork looks dope though.  This album bangs, fave songs are "dippin thru" and "struggle" but i like the album as a whole, real good chemistry and variety.  8)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
i got mines on itunes, no problems on that and real cheap too $5.99 to be exact.  shit i don't even buy cd's anymore with skipping possibilities and wear and tear fuck that, artwork looks dope though.  This album bangs, fave songs are "dippin thru" and "struggle" but i like the album as a whole, real good chemistry and variety.  8)

Good to know. I'll probably just get it from iTunes then.

Capone~CA

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2008, 04:43:51 PM »
 :o my bad, still skips in beginning, once on damani and once on lucc, barely noticeable though.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »
:o my bad, still skips in beginning, once on damani and once on lucc, barely noticeable though.

LOL!

I haven't purchased it yet, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
yeah, unfortunately, the skips are there in track 13.  Just get the corrected one from this thread and you'll be good to go.

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2008, 07:21:24 PM »

What are those tracks "Incredible" "U Can Slide Down" and "Ilove it when". You wanna post those songs up for us??

"Incredible" came from Soopafly's myspace page.  "U Can Slide Down" came from the Westfest CD that they were giving out during the westfest concerts, and "I Love It When" came from the snoop dogg "gangsta grillz" mixtape.  I think I got "I Don't Think So" from dubcnn back in the day.  I was one of the first Dubb Union songs I heard.

Can you hook up that "Incredidble and "U Can Slide down" or "I Love it When" if it better than either of those songs. Id appreciate it! 8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008, 12:10:31 AM »
as a whole I like the mixtape better too... still some good shit on the cd though

Hata Talk   and   Bacc Talk   are the shit

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »
New album ain't as good as House Shoe Musik Vol. 1. That shit was bangin'! They should mark that new album as a mixtape and then release House Shoe Musik as a regular album (only jokin' but true shit).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:53:51 AM by Birdie »
It's funky enough!

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2008, 09:17:43 AM »
Soopa post a pic of ya album.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:42 AM »
I'm really wonderin' if I should buy a copy. I want to buy it because of Soopafly and I don't want to buy it because of Snoop. I'm gonna make some compromise, I'm gonna hit L.A.X. Deluxe or some classic shit which I don't have yet.
It's funky enough!

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »
I have nowhere to get this shit from. All my UK stores are confused who the artist is (Snoop Dogg Presents, Westurn Union, Dubb Union) and have no copies in stock until like the 25th.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »
i still aint got it, i went 2 hmv today & they dont have it??? is out in canada anybody know???

Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »
got my copy yesterday 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com