Author Topic: Official Dubb Union album thread -- It is out today, i have a copy.  (Read 1975 times)

Matty

Re: Official Dubb Union album thread -- It is out today, i have a copy.
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
i just got this (sorry not purchased it legally yet) and i thought the skipping was just a ripping problem. lol if thats whats on the actual cd..its not just on that track too...

now this is a cool album don't get me wrong but i actually prefer the mixtape they put out to this. 'cali grown' is the best track on there and its a banger and there was another one called 'hey you' than i was really diggin' as well. soopafly dpgc what do you think? i would have expected there to be more dopeness on the level of 'cali grown' on here...

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
^^ Damn, so all the discs probably skip then? Somebody from Doggystyle needs to holla @ the factory about this issue.

~Lucien~

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:21 PM »
This is too bad because this is one of the best tracks on the record  :-\

Matty

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
mastering wise the cd seems to be a little thin on the low-end as well. that might just be me but the bass isn't as thumping as i'd expect...

MILFSTA

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »
yea too bad its a pressing cd error

here is a proper version of that track
http://www.mediafire.com/?i8kzlq34jbk

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:20:10 PM by MILFSTA »

dbUnion562

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
Dont give a shit. its a tinny skip. ill get over it. That song is the doppest track though.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 07:42:42 PM »

Thanks a million for the corrected track.  I'm just gonna replace that one on my computer and i'll be good to go...thanks!!

This is the only track i've noticed the skipping problem on.

Also, I do agree that the mixtape had some bangin tracks on it, quite a few moreso than the album, but some, like All Night would have never got that Michael Jackson song cleared.  Look at it this way, we all got the mixtape for free, the album you gotta pay 12.00 for, you can easily take 6 or 7 bangin songs from each one and make one dope-ass CD!  That's most likely what i'm gonna do.  And I agree, Cali Grown is probably the best song from both CDs.

Also, i'm kinda pissed they put that westfest mix on there.  When i made a copy of this CD for my car, i omitted the westfest track and I was able to fit 4 more unreleased Westurn Union songs: I Don't Think So, Incredible, U Can Slide Down, and I Love It When.  Those should have all been added to the CD.

MarshColin

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 11:51:16 PM »

Thanks a million for the corrected track.  I'm just gonna replace that one on my computer and i'll be good to go...thanks!!

Also, I do agree that the mixtape had some bangin tracks on it, quite a few moreso than the album, but some, like All Night would have never got that Michael Jackson song cleared.  Look at it this way, we all got the mixtape for free, the album you gotta pay 12.00 for, you can easily take 6 or 7 bangin songs from each one and make one dope-ass CD!  That's most likely what i'm gonna do.  And I agree, Cali Grown is probably the best song from both CDs.

Also, i'm kinda pissed they put that westfest mix on there.  When i made a copy of this CD for my car, i omitted the westfest track and I was able to fit 4 more unreleased Westurn Union songs: I Don't Think So, Incredible, U Can Slide Down, and I Love It When.  Those should have all been added to the CD.

Where did those songs come from that you added to the CD?

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »

Where did those songs come from that you added to the CD?

Yeah, "I Dont think So" is banging like a mother fucka, Im gunna add that song and "All Nite" to my cd.

What are those tracks "Incredible" "U Can Slide Down" and "Ilove it when". You wanna post those songs up for us??

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:17 AM »
I was planning to buy the album but after several listens Im really disapointed  :(
After the mixtape I expected better and finally not really quality stuff its just alright

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 01:07:09 AM »
ok i got my copy!! dope ass album in france 14€90! go cop it!

Okka

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 01:19:13 AM »
Damn!!  Ok, i need the help of the people who actually bought the CD today.  On track 13, Dubb You!!, my version skips about 3 times.  Once at the very beginning when the intstrumental is going, probably about 20 sec. into the song, then once during Bad Lucc's verse, and once during Damani's verse.  It's not really a skip, but a line is said, then a half second of silence, then the same line is repeated again and the song continues.  My CD doesn't have a single scratch on it, so i think it's a production error and it might be on every Dubb Union CD.  Can someone else verify this??

maybe soopafly had to check a bitch during the mastering of the song

Oooh shit :D

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 02:00:48 AM »
yeah, actually he does...much more than i thought he was going to.  He didn't check hardly any bitches on the mixtape, so i thought maybe he was getting away from it, but he's back to his old self on the album.  I don't have all his verses memorized yet, but his verses on "I Don't LIke You" and "Bacc Talk" are classics.  Straight up hardcore bitch checkin right there.
lol good to hear...that reminds me i need to check my bitch

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 02:52:10 AM »
ok i got my copy!! dope ass album in france 14€90! go cop it!
Tu l'as acheter ou j'ai été a la fnac hier il y etais pas ?

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 03:06:17 AM »
got it.