Author Topic: Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball  (Read 544 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Tim Lincecum is the best pitcher in Baseball
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 06:22:52 AM »
^^He also has a few bad starts right before the All Star game,  his ERA is 3.20,  that is a bit high to win the Cy Young IMO

ever hearda Bartolo Colon??
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 10:24:01 AM »
Not to mentioned he pitched in Colorado... :P

The Best of 3 Worlds

herpes

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »
^^He also has a few bad starts right before the All Star game,  his ERA is 3.20,  that is a bit high to win the Cy Young IMO

You may have a pont, in the American league there has been 7 cy young winners that have had higher ERA's then Webbs current ERA.  But NL wise if Webb were to win this season it would be the highest ERA for a NL cy young winner.

herpes

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 07:24:31 PM »
I personally go with Lincy for Cy Young.  He has the better ERA but Webb has a slightly better WHIP.  They have about the same number of innings pitched.  Lincy 50+ more strike outs and is tied with Santana for quality starts.  I don't think he should have to suffer b/c the rest of his team sucks.  I still think Webb wins though b/c the Dbacks have a good shot to win the division and a lot of that has to do with how good Webb has pitched.  And plus the Giants are pretty irrelevant this season.  Unless CC continues to be lights out for the rest of the month and goes undefeated then I think he will win it.  Plus a lot of these writers are still have a old school mentality and love the complete game.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:30:18 PM by Tommy Fits is your hero »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 07:42:21 PM »
I personally go with Lincy for Cy Young.  He has the better ERA but Webb has a slightly better WHIP.  They have about the same number of innings pitched.  Lincy 50+ more strike outs and is tied with Santana for quality starts.  I don't think he should have to suffer b/c the rest of his team sucks.  I still think Webb wins though b/c the Dbacks have a good shot to win the division and a lot of that has to do with how good Webb has pitched.  And plus the Giants are pretty irrelevant this season.  Unless CC continues to be lights out for the rest of the month and goes undefeated then I think he will win it.  Plus a lot of these writers are still have a old school mentality and love the complete game.

thats real spit

The Best of 3 Worlds