Author Topic: Exclusive: DJ Revolution (The Wake Up Show, Eminem, Crooked I, Bishop Lamont)  (Read 374 times)

jonathandubcnn

"You say you want a revolution, well, you know we all want to change the world."

The colossal DJ Revolution -- one of the most influential figures in music today -- is stepping from behind his two turntables to the microphone to share some of his insightful knowledge with the world. Part one of this two-part interview will revolutionize your appreciation for the all-too-often underestimated skill of a DJ, as Revolution speaks candidly on the magnitude of a spin artist, the evolution of hip-hop and the phenomenal success of The Wake Up Show.

As he explains to Dubcnn, DJ Revolution is “on a mission to re-establish the broken connection between MC and DJ,” and dropping his album King of The Decks (Duck Down Records) on September 16th. This album features everyone from KRS-One, Bumpy Knuckles, Dilated Peoples, Crooked I, Bishop Lamont, Strong Arm Stead and Planet Asia to NYC’s DJ Spinbad, DJ Qbert , DJ San Fran and many more illustrious appearances from all over the world!

This Revolution will not be televised, but is being broadcasted from the west coast to the ends of the earth, as this world-famous DJ has taken his turntables to the streets; playing in the mix of heavy traffic crossing Dubcnn Blvd. and saturating neighborhoods far and wide, leaving sucker MC’s scratching their heads as people everywhere are joining the Revolution! You must learn!

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
                                                                                                -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

DJ Revolution Exclusive Interview (Part One)

As always, hit me up on MySpace or email me at haywire@dubcnn.com...and be sure to leave feedback on our forums!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:18:55 PM by jonathandubcnn »

jonathandubcnn

-very interesting point...

Dubcnn: Can an artist, without a major budget, or without a big-name record promoter pushing his project actually get on major radio today?

DJ Revolution: Unfortunately not. I’m sure there are exceptions to the rule but generally the way it works today is money talks, good shit walks. What major record labels that are left often work payola amounts into their artist’s promotional budgets. Radio DJs and stations alike have polluted the industry and created a lockout for new artists that are trying to make it on their own with only quality music to stand on. There should be a fuckin’ Hip Hop American Idol so at least some people with talent can get major exposure. All this is not new, its been happening for more than 5 years and shows no signs of slowing. You can’t really blame the labels for it. The blame falls on the DJs for shaming themselves by taking money to play records and opening the door for more of the same. This means that now you don’t have to be an actual artist of have talent to get on, all that stands between you and success is money. Again, there are exceptions to the rule and this is just based on my personal experience.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dont sleep on this its dope!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

jonathandubcnn

thanks Rud!!! 8)