Author Topic: Rappers Whos Groupies Defend Their Fav Rappers But Never Gonna Make it!  (Read 899 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rappers Whos Groupies Defend Their Fav Rappers But Never Gonna Make it!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 04:11:43 PM »
i dint even start the thread , i was adding my thoughts to it. Now what im wondering is why you getting your panties all knotted  up

h2k4

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
I can't believe I even wasted my time clicking in this thread. :grumpy:

Support who you want because you like them not because you think they might make it and sell.

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
uv got me there damn!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »
I can't believe I even wasted my time clicking in this thread. :grumpy:

Support who you want because you like them not because you think they might make it and sell.

thats for sure.

I fully support Bishop, i like his rhymes and his beats.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

If Those rappers dont care for sales, why wont they just make a CD and do it, they sure Got The Singles Out, Bishop got a single,. G malone, what are they waiting for???

I'll tell ya, they are waiting for a momentum, but its clear that shit is wack as fuck, and it aint even wack, they just dont know how to make singles...

Look at Plies. He is wack as fuck, but he is ambitious enough to Throw Ne yo on the Hook and he doing Gold and Successfull, same with Rick Ross and all, it seems like West Coast rappers are too Gangsta, too old school and too insecure.

The market is in the South right now, and has been for awhile now. I know you've heard this time and time again, but that's what it is. Nobody is checking for up-and-comer's on the West or East like that, because the West at the moment doesn't have their own unique sound to stand on their own. The South sound is what's creating corporate revenues; radio, TV, etc.

BTW, by comparing Plies & Rick Ross to all them West niggas up above is laughable. Why? Not because Plies & Ross are better than any of them West niggas, but because they're Southern artists, which is where hip hop lives right now. Might as well throw Soulja Boy in that mix too for shits & giggles. That's beside the point though. Like I already mentioned, the South got shit on lock.

Game, Snoop & Cube are the only relevant mainstream West Coast artists that corporate entities are willing to give a fair shake to, because they already have proven sales records. If Crooked I, Jay Rock & Eastwood were selling Game, Snoop & Cube numbers, then they too would be the "usual suspects" getting a fair shake from corporate entities. Until this so-called "New West" movement starts dropping actual records, there really isn't any reason for mainstream to check them out. Of course none of them niggas is gonna fly off the shelves a la Game, Cube & Snoop, but you gotta start somewhere and grind by building your fanbase over time, and that starts with putting out an album and working up from there.

I've already said that if anyone can bring the focus back to the West Coast with a new, innovative sound, it's Dr. Dre with Detox (if he ever decides to release it). Which is really what I'm expecting from Dre's album. A paradigm shift in the hip hop soundscape, more than anything else.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:43:54 PM by pootypooty »

22 Twoz

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »
hate thread?? nah.,...I love Jay Rocks Music, Eastwoood is dope as fuck,

But, what i am trying to say is that It seems like everybody is waiting on momentum with thier singles and they are not gripping it becoz they are releasing shit that is way outta line..I mean

Certified,-Glasses

Omar Cruz feat Game-Gangsta Music, which wouldnt play at the most hardcore stations, shit was wack as fuck.,

Bishop Lamont-Grow up,(For the Aftermath/Scope) expectations and money label thing, that shit was a joke, Why did Game have How We Do and all, and that shit was some avarage ass shit

Jay rock-Not even Signed

Crooked I- Dropped the single, but he aint even signed.

If Those rappers dont care for sales, why wont they just make a CD and do it, they sure Got The Singles Out, Bishop got a single,. G malone, what are they waiting for???

I'll tell ya, they are waiting for a momentum, but its clear that shit is wack as fuck, and it aint even wack, they just dont know how to make singles...

Look at Plies. He is wack as fuck, but he is ambitious enough to Throw Ne yo on the Hook and he doing Gold and Successfull, same with Rick Ross and all, it seems like West Coast rappers are too Gangsta, too old school and too insecure.

J Rock is signed to Warner.
"Hi Travy"

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
Why's Bishop on that list. If Detox drops, so will Reformation. At least he's got a shot at releasing an album.

so is Reformation dropping before or after Hittman's Aftermath album?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »
Why's Bishop on that list. If Detox drops, so will Reformation. At least he's got a shot at releasing an album.

lol i thought hittman was kinda cool but serioulsy hittman or bishop same shit.

Honeslty i could juts imagine where Game would be now if Dre would of been behind the last 2 projects. Even Dre for that matter would probably be more out there

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »

Honeslty i could juts imagine where Game would be now if Dre would of been behind the last 2 projects. Even Dre for that matter would probably be more out there

Hittman had crazy buzz after 2001 dropped, but no one even CHECKING for Bishop and everyone knows he's on Dre's dick and name dropping Detox every chance he gets, but still no one checking for him

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
I like his stuff but i dont chekc for him honestly, i dont even click on threads with his new music.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 04:58:06 PM »

Hittman had crazy buzz after 2001 dropped, but no one even CHECKING for Bishop and everyone knows he's on Dre's dick and name dropping Detox every chance he gets, but still no one checking for him

Ok, so Hittman had crazy buzz after 2001 dropped.

^^Now this same statement could apply to Bishop if Detox ever does drop by saying:

Hittman Bishop had crazy buzz after 2001 Detox dropped.

^^But since the 2nd statement hasn't happened yet, it's preposterous to think that Bishop won't develop a buzz after Detox drops.

Afterall, people weren't checking for Hittman until AFTER 2001 dropped, so who's to say that can't happen for Bishop AFTER Detox drops?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »
You never know how history will treat these people though.  I mean, I was heavy in the rap scene in 93 until now.  And all these people who are supposedly west coast legends, like Spice 1, BG Knoccout, Twinz, E-40, etc.  I mean, back in 95, no one really thought these guys 'made it' either, other than people like us now, who are heavy in the rap scene.  But now everyone's like "i wish I was into the rap game when BG Knoccout and Dresta dropped "real brothas", well the fact is, that album didn't sell worth shit back then, which is why it's so hard to find these days.  So, you never know 10 years from now who people will be talking about.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 05:22:03 PM »

^^Now this same statement could apply to Bishop if Detox ever does drop by saying:

^^But since the 2nd statement hasn't happened yet, it's preposterous to think that Bishop won't develop a buzz after Detox drops.

Afterall, people weren't checking for Hittman until AFTER 2001 dropped, so who's to say that can't happen for Bishop AFTER Detox drops?

difference is............................ Hittman wasn't wack

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »

Best post ever? Bishop is a pretty well known artist before Dre signed him. Dre took Game and made him a star, why couldn't he do the same thing with Bishop, who was established before hand. It's obvious the album isn't delayed because it's not finished, or it's not good enough. The best move would be to release it after Detox anyways. If Detox drops, so will Bishop.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »

Best post ever? Bishop is a pretty well known artist before Dre signed him. Dre took Game and made him a star, why couldn't he do the same thing with Bishop, who was established before hand. It's obvious the album isn't delayed because it's not finished, or it's not good enough. The best move would be to release it after Detox anyways. If Detox drops, so will Bishop.

even with the fact that Bishop is all over Dre's dick he STILL has no buzz and no one knows he exists outside cali