Author Topic: Just curious, why didn't dubcnn promote the release of the Dubb Union CD?  (Read 462 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
It seems like dubcnn.com has done a great job of promoting the Westurn Union.  They had the mixtape on the front page for at least a month, had articles and stuff on the mixtape and the various videos being shot for it.  They dropped a dope interview talking about Soopafly's root canal as well as the mixtape.  I feel as if they helped to create the buzz needed to get the album released.  Then they promoted the first single for the upcoming Dubb Union CD. 

Then the day came the Dubb Union album actually dropped, and there wasn't a peep anywhere on dubcnn about it.  I just found that kind of strange.  Especially since both Game and Ice Cube's albums got articles telling people to go buy them on the days they were both released, along with reviews a few days after their releases.  I was just wondering if there was a falling out with Dubb Union and dubcnn or what exactly was going on.

~Lucien~

Re: Just curious, why didn't dubcnn promote the release of the Dubb Union CD?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
Yes indeed. Good question.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:05:15 AM »
Anyone from dubcnn care to comment?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:42 AM »
Anyone from dubcnn care to comment?
they came to realise that dubb union was made up

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:08:17 AM »
if you check our news archives you will see that we've done a lot updates on the album. correct, before the actual release, but there were plenty of them. from august 13 to august 28 alone - a little bit over 2 weeks - we've had 7 updates. that's like an update every 2 days. how can you say that we didnt promote the release of the project just cause there werent any updates post the release? no other release this year got that much love and support from us. and i'm not even gonna compare it to what these other websites and blogs did or didnt do, cause most of them didnt even say shit about it.

and yeah, the review for the album is done but hasnt dropped yet due to different reasons, but its definitely going up this week.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 06:30:43 AM »
oh yeah, no doubt you guys did a hell of a job promoting Dubb Union up to the release of the album.  Don't get me wrong, I know you guys did a great job on that.  And I guess that's why I was really surprised when I saw nothing on the main page during the time of the actual album release.  I feel the album release was the culmination of all the promoting you guys did prior, so I thought it would make sense to at least have an update saying "the day has finally arrived, go out and get the new Dubb Union CD", sort of like you guys did with Game and Ice Cube's albums.  It's sort of like training a boxer for a title fight, then on the day of the fight, not showing up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:33:13 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Rudki

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »
  It's sort of like training a boxer for a title fight, then on the day of the fight, not showing up.

Soopafly DPGC, you have become my favourite Poster on here, I raise my Pimp Cup to you

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:30:28 AM »
its not the staff its some of the posters...they flooded the board with game threads so hard tupac could have came back and you wouldnt have seen a thread for it.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:31:10 AM »
  It's sort of like training a boxer for a title fight, then on the day of the fight, not showing up.

Soopafly DPGC, you have become my favourite Poster on here, I raise my Pimp Cup to you
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

J.M.G

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »
MAN IS THE SHIT OUT?  COME ON DONT TELL ME THAT.. SNOOP SHOULD PUT MONEY UP FOR PROMOTION AND MAKE HIS PEOPLE STARS AND NOT JUST HIM HE GOT A NICE TEAM SHIT!!!

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:50 AM »
MAN IS THE SHIT OUT?  COME ON DONT TELL ME THAT.. SNOOP SHOULD PUT MONEY UP FOR PROMOTION AND MAKE HIS PEOPLE STARS AND NOT JUST HIM HE GOT A NICE TEAM SHIT!!!
Snoop has dedicated his life to keep Soopafly from success. Soopafly DPGC can tell you more about it.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
even dubcnn dont support they own WHAT A SHAME

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:51:03 AM »
Snoop has dedicated his life to keep Soopafly from success. Soopafly DPGC can tell you more about it.

This man speaks the truth.  I have plenty of documentation from the past 10 years to back that up.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »
^ Lol. I'll never understand why Soopafly won't finally break ties with that nigga. He's been signed to Snoop since like 95 and still can't do shit.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
Only thing I can guess is that Snoop pays him well, and being famous just isn't that important to Soopafly.  He's got a safe thing right now, money to live on, feed his kids, etc.  If he breaks ties with snoop and tries to go independant or sign with another label, he'd be struggling again....he may or may not make it in today's rap world, it'd be a risk.  He's probably too old to take that chance again.  Plus Snoop probably wouldn't let any of his artists or anything work with him anymore.  I just wish Snoop would reward Fly's loyalty by putting him ahead of some of his other artists and putting the spotlight on him for a bit instead of hogging it all for himself.  He's been down with Snoop since 95, at least let the dude have a big hit single or something like that.  I don't know.  Soopafly probably doesn't care about any of that.  Seems like he's not working with many people outside the DPG camp anymore like he used to in the late 90's.