Author Topic: Does society pressure us to become Corporate Slaves  (Read 264 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Does society pressure us to become Corporate Slaves
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:19 AM »
i dont know why we are expected to work, if you dont work your almost considered an outcast?

is there any written law saying you have to work?

Now cos of the expectation to work we are merely prisoners to the system. The only difference between being in a job and being in jail is that you get to choose where you wanna work, and even that's only if they wana employ you.Other then that we are bound by the restrictions, terms and agreements of a job whilst being overworked, underpaid and underappreciated.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Does society pressure us to become Corporate Slaves
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:53:03 PM »
Food doesn't come free. 

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »
you can grow your own food !

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:27:08 AM »
If I had the financial stability to do so I wouldn't work at all. Some people are addicted to work and work 70 hours a week accomplishing a big paycheck but never enjoy there lives.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:50 AM »

You need $ to own property to grow food on.  That's still considered work too, growing your own food and hunting for food is all work.  The real question you're thinking about is that do we do extra work just to buy bs we don't need. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:37:40 PM »

You need $ to own property to grow food on.  That's still considered work too, growing your own food and hunting for food is all work.  The real question you're thinking about is that do we do extra work just to buy bs we don't need. 
Yes we do, but there isn't anything wrong with that to certain degree. The only things we really need are food and oxygen. That doesn't mean anything more is excessive.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
www.idler.co.uk

For all those who despise achievement.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »
i been out of employment for a variety of reasons for about 6 months now. when people ask me what my plan is i try to explain that my plan is not to have a plan for a while and just chill out. this confuses people a great deal. it defeats the object of having time out if you are already worrying about what your next job will be. ofcourse its a luxury to be able to have such a relaxed attitude but there are serious ideological barriers to why people can't compute the possibility of a life/long durations of time without regular employment. its sad...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »
No... industrialism does this to us. Lack of universal health care, lack of free college education, lack of legalized drugs also contribute.