Author Topic: Is "Necessary Roughness" by Lady Of Rage worth checkin?  (Read 531 times)

ThaRealSupreme

Re: Is "Necessary Roughness" by Lady Of Rage worth checkin?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 05:45:09 PM »
That cd is a classic...it stayed in my disc changer for a couple months when it first came out I just listened to it the other day matter of fact.
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Can I Live

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:56:16 PM »
Aight 'preciate the feedback bout to check it out. Props to all my niggaz (includin dyke TheRealSupreme)
"Hi Travy"

Throwback: Power Rangers niggaz.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
Aight 'preciate the feedback bout to check it out. Props to all my niggaz (includin dyke TheRealSupreme)

That album came out in 97' and ur just now askin about it like it's new lol another lame ass late born rap fan
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Can I Live

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »

That album came out in 97' and ur just now askin about it like it's new lol another lame ass late born rap fan

wow you got me there ;D
"Hi Travy"

Throwback: Power Rangers niggaz.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 06:06:58 AM »
i w'dlike to see a Rage album with Dre behind at that time

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 07:07:16 AM »
There was supposed to be a Dre produced Rage album back in 94/95 titled "Eargasm".  I think it was supposed to come after the Doggfood album, but once 2Pac signed to the Row, it got put on the backburner forever.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
There was supposed to be a Dre produced Rage album back in 94/95 titled "Eargasm".  I think it was supposed to come after the Doggfood album, but once 2Pac signed to the Row, it got put on the backburner forever.
2Pac pretty much fucked up every project that was gonna get released.
Suge focused 24/7 on him, stupid mistake considering what happened.
AEOM was good album but the quality wasn't worth of 4 albums. Sure there was hit songs but c'mon, there was much of fillers.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 10:30:03 AM »
yeah the album has only sold what 13 million copies? Yeah what a dum move
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:43 AM »
Well, I think it was great that Suge got Pac over to Death Row, and a smart move to release his album while he was hot and delay the other projects for a short time....the dumb move was not using the label's popularity to release some of the lesser known artist's albums after All Eyez On Me dropped.  Pac and Snoop were so hot at the time, Suge could've thrown them on one song on any artist's albums and increased their sales dramatically.  Back in 95/96, it wasn't as easy to get one song or two.  If you were a 2pac fan, and wanted one of his features off of another artist's album, you had to buy the whole album.  It's not like now where you can just go on the net and pick and choose songs off albums.

The first 5 albums released on Death Row all went platinum, so after that, I think Suge was nervous about releasing lesser known artists because he wanted to keep the streak going, which is why he kept relying on 2pac and snoop so much, as he knew they would go platinum no matter what the album sounded like because of their large fanbase.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:46:39 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 01:59:18 PM »
Dope album, it's not like a typical classic early DR album, because there are no huge Dre beats on there and there are some filler beats and tracks, but Rage shows why she's one of the dopest lyricists/flowers on the West on the vocal side and the tracks with Primo are very dope, and the remix to Get Wit Da Wickedness has a crazy first verse

I'd like to see her do a whole album with Premier myself

U do know that she's from VA though right? Not the westcoast :laugh:

But maybe you meant that you consideder her Westcoast.

Yeah, that's what I meant

I also meant she's one of the dopest flow-ers, like she has a dope flow, not 'flower' like I said... because a flower is something else... with petals and shit