Author Topic: The Only Genre to survive the bootlegging Music Stealing era is Christian Rock  (Read 167 times)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Christian Rock.. rappers need to make a christian cd, about coming up thru their hard times(grindin hustlin sellin drugs), not to preachy , be positive throw god in there a few times over the course of the whole cd and bammmm

sell the slogan = you wouldnt steal from a fellow christian would you ? = $$$$

example = crooked i, chamillionaire, ja rule, nas, kanye,scarface  all have songs that you could tag and be christian rap

maybe a way to cure the joke of the rap division of the music industry that wont ever be making a comeback (remember madd ppl talented ppl lost there jobs it trickled down from the Label staff to the Music Makers-- Engineers, Producers to the rappers) 

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the Bible, it's a sin to download CD's. No wonder their still selling!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Christian Rock.. rappers need to make a christian cd, about coming up thru their hard times(grindin hustlin sellin drugs), not to preachy , be positive throw god in there a few times over the course of the whole cd and bammmm

example = crooked i, chamillionaire, ja rule, nas, kanye,scarface  all have songs that you could tag and be christian rap

maybe a way to cure the joke of the rap division of the music industry that wont ever be making a comeback (remember madd ppl talented ppl lost there jobs it trickled down from the Label staff to the Music Makers-- Engineers, Producers to the rappers) 

The closest thing to Christian Rap that would sell major numbers is what Kirk Franklin did when he first dropped. He still sells, but I don't like most of his newer music...it sounds TOO watered down and too much like R&B and Rap. His 90's music was amazing because it had the soul, funk, and feel of real gospel...but had that rap attitude and used many rap references.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..

The closest thing to Christian Rap that would sell major numbers is what Kirk Franklin did when he first dropped. He still sells, but I don't like most of his newer music...it sounds TOO watered down and too much like R&B and Rap. His 90's music was amazing because it had the soul, funk, and feel of real gospel...but had that rap attitude and used many rap references.
Aint that the truth!!!!
I thought i was the only one who noticed that!!
You can't tell the difference any more
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm pretty sure somewhere in the Bible, it's a sin to download CD's. No wonder their still selling!
^^lol..

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs

your absolutely right, its in
ruin a niggaz hustle 4:15 "thou shalt not bootleg and sell em for 5$ at the swapmeet"

[/quote]

just checked his #'s not badd 424,000 copies sold in 2006...  check out this gospel artist that went platinum Precious Memories (Arista/Sony/Provident) Alan Jackson 1288595
crazy... this markets hasnt been hit with a 2pac or b.i.g or big pun... im even gonna add yukmouth to my list , dudes made some christian type songs about life

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
there's plenty of christian rappers/rap groups out there
a few i was diggin (i'm not really a christian btw):

nuwine
lil raskull
the cross movement
brainwash projects
sackcloth fashion

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
check it:

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
LOL at this thread.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!

just checked his #'s not badd 424,000 copies sold in 2006...  check out this gospel artist that went platinum Precious Memories (Arista/Sony/Provident) Alan Jackson 1288595
crazy... this markets hasnt been hit with a 2pac or b.i.g or big pun... im even gonna add yukmouth to my list , dudes made some christian type songs about life
Those guys you mentioned are all dope!!
you should also check out T-Bone!1
he i by far my fave Xtian Artist. I''m old school, so i like more of the soulful gospel songs. But T-Bone is really good!!
Check out his stuff..http://www.houseoftbone.com/

Dude is a  lyrical monster!!
From El Salvador,but raised in Cali

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:26:00 AM by Mackin »