Author Topic: Hakeem Olajuwon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>  (Read 1186 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Hakeem Olajuwon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:51 PM »
hakeem was amazing. one of the greatests to ever play the game and he only first touched a basketball at the age of 13. that said, KAREEM was the greatest center to ever play the game, and even skillwise, he definitely rivals Hakeem with his amazing arsenal and footwork. id put 1.kareem 2.wilt 3.russell 4.hakeem 5.shaq...thats my personal top 5.

Hakeem > Kareem > ... > other centers

in terms of skills, "amazing arsenal and footwork".

Wilt, Russell and Shaq dominated the game with their body, their power moves, their rebounds, their blocks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »
hakeem was amazing. one of the greatests to ever play the game and he only first touched a basketball at the age of 13. that said, KAREEM was the greatest center to ever play the game, and even skillwise, he definitely rivals Hakeem with his amazing arsenal and footwork. id put 1.kareem 2.wilt 3.russell 4.hakeem 5.shaq...thats my personal top 5.

you talkin out ya ass now.........because thats exactly where hakeem outshines other niggas , amazing arsenal and definitely footwork..........nigga you a hater

hakeem does not have a shot that compares to the skyhook

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »

you talkin out ya ass now.........because thats exactly where hakeem outshines other niggas , amazing arsenal and definitely footwork..........nigga you a hater

hakeem does not have a shot that compares to the skyhook

He had his own signature move, man. And nobody will ever be skilled enought to do it on the court again.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 03:31:23 PM »

Wilt, Russell and Shaq dominated the game with their body, their power moves, their rebounds, their blocks.

Kareem>Hakeem as an overall center, and Kareem was a skill player.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 04:17:53 PM »

Kareem > Hakeem as an overall center (it's not even a discussion), but Hakeem had the best footwork and he had the best signature move, imho. Anyway it's number 1 and number 2, so..

Archetype

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 04:22:51 PM »
Indeed.

On his signature move -

"The Dream Shake was actually one of my soccer moves which I translated to basketball. It would accomplish one of three things: one, to misdirect the opponent and make him go the opposite way; two, to freeze the opponent and leave him devastated in his tracks; three, to shake off the opponent and giving him no chance to contest the shot."

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 06:40:41 PM »

Not so much a hater as an EXTREME homer.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »

other than wearing purple and gold what makes kareem more skilled than hakeem?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:38 PM »

Kareem > Hakeem as an overall center (it's not even a discussion), but Hakeem had the best footwork and he had the best signature move, imho. Anyway it's number 1 and number 2, so..

so you really think theres a better signature move than the skyhook?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 10:44:27 PM »

ask these guys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »

so you really think theres a better signature move than the skyhook?

Man i'm saying Hakeem is #1 and Kareem is #2. I'm not saying skyhook wasn't wonderful. I just personally like the Dream Shake better. Plus Hakeem was quicker, he made jumpshots too, he knew how to dribble.. He looked like a fucking guard!! But Kareem was the best Center out of the two, no doubt.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »

ask these guys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

NIK come the fuck on now. You have got to be kidding me. You spend all year bashing and discrediting "BSPN" and now you use the same source which YOU consider to be faulty to support your claim? Don't be fuckin ridiculous.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »

ask these guys:

NIK come the fuck on now. You have got to be kidding me. You spend all year bashing and discrediting "BSPN" and now you use the same source which YOU consider to be faulty to support your claim? Don't be fuckin ridiculous.

thats not my only source, it's the only list i found when i googled "top 10 centers"...any source will tell you that Kareem>Hakeem, even the dumbfucks at espn. to claim otherwise is just plain dumb.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 05:13:10 AM »
thats not my only source, it's the only list i found when i googled "top 10 centers"...any source will tell you that Kareem>Hakeem, even the dumbfucks at espn. to claim otherwise is just plain dumb.

Yeah but we were saying Hakeem was more skilled, faster, had better footwork and better movements, and even arguably a better signature move than Kareem. Nobody here is saying Hakeem is the best Center in the History of basketball. It's like saying Ray Allen has the best shooting tecnique in the NBA: it doesn't mean he's better than Jordan, lol.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:54 AM »

ask these guys:

did I see a vote for Dwight Howard???  the same DH who wasn't able to drink legally then?

there goes that credibility
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:16:28 AM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens