Author Topic: Hakeem Olajuwon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>  (Read 1187 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: Hakeem Olajuwon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2008, 10:19:17 AM »
hakeem was amazing. one of the greatests to ever play the game and he only first touched a basketball at the age of 13. that said, KAREEM was the greatest center to ever play the game, and even skillwise, he definitely rivals Hakeem with his amazing arsenal and footwork. id put 1.kareem 2.wilt 3.russell 4.hakeem 5.shaq...thats my personal top 5.

other than wearing purple and gold what makes kareem more skilled than hakeem?

ask these guys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

did I see a vote for Dwight Howard???  the same DH who wasn't able to drink legally then?

there goes that credibility

The voters were:

Henry Abbott, TrueHoop.com (HA)
Greg Anthony, NBA analyst (GA)
Andrew Ayres, ESPN.com NBA editor (AA)
Jon Barry, NBA analyst (JB)
Chris Broussard, ESPN The Magazine (CB)
Ric Bucher, ESPN The Magazine (RB)
John Hollinger, ESPN.com Insider (JH)
Scoop Jackson, ESPN.com Page 2 columnist (SJ)
Tim Legler, NBA analyst (TL)
Jamal Mashburn, NBA analyst (JM)
Jim O'Brien, ESPN.com Insider (JO)
Chris Ramsay, ESPN.com NBA editor (CR)
Jack Ramsay, NBA analyst (JR)
Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com Insider (CS)
Ken Shouler, ESPN.com (KS)
Marc Stein, ESPN.com senior writer (MS)
David Thorpe, Scouts Inc. (DT)
Kiki Vandeweghe, NBA analyst (KV)
Royce Webb, ESPN.com NBA editor (RW)
Jeff Weltman, Scouts Inc. (JW)

Somebody said Howard is the 10th best C in history.

A moron, but it was just one. I do agree with their top-5 tho'.

P.S. If you wanna know the two guys who destroyed your Russell dude they are Thorpe and Webb. If it wasn't for them he was n.1.

5 guys only said Kareem was the best C ever.
4 guys said Wilt was the best C ever.
10 guys said Bill was the best C ever. But two guys said he was #5 and #6, destroying him.

NIK, keep ignoring BSPN, please.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:24:36 AM by Antonio »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »
yeah, them 2 must be stat-guys

i remember seeing that way back, BS
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

F-cisco

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2008, 05:25:48 PM »
Hakeem destroyed Ewing, Robinson, and O'neal all within a 14 months span. He fucking owned those guys with his stellar skills. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »
thats not my only source, it's the only list i found when i googled "top 10 centers"...any source will tell you that Kareem>Hakeem, even the dumbfucks at espn. to claim otherwise is just plain dumb.

Yeah but we were saying Hakeem was more skilled, faster, had better footwork and better movements, and even arguably a better signature move than Kareem. Nobody here is saying Hakeem is the best Center in the History of basketball. It's like saying Ray Allen has the best shooting tecnique in the NBA: it doesn't mean he's better than Jordan, lol.

actually, some people are tryna say that Hakeem is better overall. LOL...and ask anyone who played against Kareem, there is absolutely no signature move better than the skyhook...PeACe

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2008, 09:37:18 PM »
i think a Dr J dunk > the skyhk
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 02:53:55 AM »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 07:24:56 AM »
his dunks were all signatures