Author Topic: Rappers that get/dont get love from their own hood/city?  (Read 1024 times)

acgrundy

Re: Rappers that get/dont get love from their own hood/city?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 10:05:45 PM »
snoops rolls with an entourage of like 20 hood niggas everywhere he goes...he has  a ton of people on his bankroll...trust me, rollin' w/ snoop in his entourage and getting paid is a lot better than being in the streets takin penitentiary chances...now who ain't gonna love a rapper that give you that opportunity?  Probably only the ones that don't have that opportunity, and they probably don't get that opportunity for a good reason.  Snoop, Dre, Cube, Mack 10, you name it, any big rapper, they have brought so many new rappers to the game, helped out so many younger people from the ghetto.  What...they supposed to hold their hand through the game?  Nobody in this country takes personal responsibility for their failures, and so they have to blame someone.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »
I remember all of Snoop's love left after he left to No Limit. Like everyone loved Snoop pre-No Limit, and you saw people have pictures with him everywhere. Dudes were like, I went to see my cousin in Long Beach and saw Snoop, and they had pictures of him and Daz and Warren. Once Snoop left to No Limit, you heard, Snoop's a bitch everywhere, and that was that.

Everyone else gets love until they blow up... then the hate comes out.
  From what I understand, Snoop told C-Style he was done fucking with the Dogg Pound period when he left for No Limit and being that he was the leader of that movement and just up and left to go start something with Master P left a very sour taste in people's mouths. That's just what certain cats had said and I've never heard Snoop's full take on it but I remember Long Beach being heated behind it.

I know its a west coast thread but the only artist that really don't get love in his own hood/city is 50 Cent.  If you didn't see the Stop Snitchin DVD his rival Game got more love in 50's city/hood than 50 did himself.  Some people on youtube comments say that a lotta people in N.O. don't like Lil' Wayne.  That he don't get love in his city.  Well he does live in Florida now & not N.O.
  If we're going by DVD's, you could say G-Unit get more love in Game's hood on the strength of Spider visiting Brazil & Wilmington for that video shoot. It's all about people falling out with their old crews. It's not a situation of people loving this or loving that. The 50 Southside issue stems from the Smurf situation. Game's problem at B&W is with Fase. Everything else is just dudes with camcorders playing up the situation. You can't say it's a case of this person's neighborhood loving this guy more than so and so who came from there because that's not the truth. If you having a falling out with your girl and she fucks your worst enemy or someone she knows you don't like, it isn't because she loves him more than you. It's an attempt to sting you.

ABN

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 01:21:09 AM »
the people from their hoods that are hating are just hating coz their stuck in a fucked up situation. people can say that Game´s hood don´t fuck with him yet he went there with BET and aint no one do shit. same with Snoop, he got like 20-30 cats from his hood with him so how don´t they get love from their hood? and Game got Fase´OG homies down with him so they obviously got love for him. all that shit about cats hating is just coz they bitter and broke.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 04:22:51 AM »
I know its a west coast thread but the only artist that really don't get love in his own hood/city is 50 Cent.  If you didn't see the Stop Snitchin DVD his rival Game got more love in 50's city/hood than 50 did himself.  Some people on youtube comments say that a lotta people in N.O. don't like Lil' Wayne.  That he don't get love in his city.  Well he does live in Florida now & not N.O.

the fuck? no hate on you homie but how u gonna say "Game got more love than 50 in his own hood" just cuz of a DVD...that Game made!

dont get me wrong Game is my nigga and 50 is aight on the mic but thats ridiculous. Unless u been there/live there or know people there u dont know.
I was saying what was said on the dvd.  But with rap you never know what's the truth.  50 saying he got shot 9 times & next thing you hear it was less than that. 

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 04:35:31 AM »
snoops rolls with an entourage of like 20 hood niggas everywhere he goes...he has  a ton of people on his bankroll...trust me, rollin' w/ snoop in his entourage and getting paid is a lot better than being in the streets takin penitentiary chances...now who ain't gonna love a rapper that give you that opportunity? 
I actually saw Snoop in real life 4 years ago while I was about to exit a Chick's sporting goods store in Chino Hills.  He had about less than 10 people with him. 

If we're going by DVD's, you could say G-Unit get more love in Game's hood on the strength of Spider visiting Brazil & Wilmington for that video shoot. It's all about people falling out with their old crews. It's not a situation of people loving this or loving that. The 50 Southside issue stems from the Smurf situation.

That one I would never belive, Gunit get more love in Game's hood.  But 50, I have no problem with him getting out of the hood.  That's what many people's goals are, get out of the hood & live in a nice neighborhood.  Even a rapper deserves a good neigborhood also. 

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »
That one I would never belive, Gunit get more love in Game's hood.  But 50, I have no problem with him getting out of the hood.  That's what many people's goals are, get out of the hood & live in a nice neighborhood.  Even a rapper deserves a good neigborhood also. 
  I'm not saying that's the case. I am saying that people who watch these DVD's and YouTube clips and based their perceptions on them need to read between the lines. It's like Buck starting to fuck with Game after being thrown out of G-Unit. If the neighborhood feels slighted by this rapper, they will let his nemesis come through so the public will see it and say, "Look! So and so don't have no say in his old hood. His fucking enemy walks through there." That doesn't mean that hood has love for that particular person.

Okka

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »
Dre (i know he aint lived there that long but that the city he claims), Eiht, etc etc

Dre was born and raised in Compton, what do you mean about him not livin long there?

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »
Dre (i know he aint lived there that long but that the city he claims), Eiht, etc etc

Dre was born and raised in Compton, what do you mean about him not livin long there?

Didnt he move to LBC when his moms got with Warren G's pops or something?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
Hatin never stops. That shit will always be there. When it comes to this Westcoast gang shit its way bigger then just "this is my set, this is my gang...here we all are". Every gang (major gangs at least) got muthafuckas clickin up. Especially the younger cats. One gang can have a ton of different clicks...and sometimes them muthafuckas even funk with eachother. You think them cats gonna automatically have love for some other dood from the set JUST because he's rappin? Hell naw. Especially if you aint put in the kinda work youre rappin about. Its all about how real you are with it. If youve put in the work, if youve been on the missions that you rap about....the big homies will vouch for u and it dont matter what nobody else in the hood say.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »
I've never heard of Dre living in Long Beach. I'm pretty sure he lived in Compton until he got paid from N.W.A. and moved to Callabases.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 06:23:53 AM »
I've never heard of Dre living in Long Beach. I'm pretty sure he lived in Compton until he got paid from N.W.A. and moved to Callabases.

didn't Dre say that he was broke before Chronic & starting of Death Row? but ofc he still could've lived somewhere else than Cpt..

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 09:08:10 AM »
Hatin never stops. That shit will always be there. When it comes to this Westcoast gang shit its way bigger then just "this is my set, this is my gang...here we all are". Every gang (major gangs at least) got muthafuckas clickin up. Especially the younger cats. One gang can have a ton of different clicks...and sometimes them muthafuckas even funk with eachother. You think them cats gonna automatically have love for some other dood from the set JUST because he's rappin? Hell naw. Especially if you aint put in the kinda work youre rappin about. Its all about how real you are with it. If youve put in the work, if youve been on the missions that you rap about....the big homies will vouch for u and it dont matter what nobody else in the hood say.

LOL that's definitely true...some hoods in L.A. are so big that they have a grip of different cliques...and some hoods have a major generation gap going on to where the youngsters end up having major beef with the O.G.s. A lot of people think Hoovers is all just one gang, but that's definitely not the case...and some hoods will have 2-3 different subsets within the main hood.

DazDilly

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »
Tha Dogg Pound and all DPGC affilates do get love in their cities.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:04 AM »
didn't Dre say that he was broke before Chronic & starting of Death Row? but ofc he still could've lived somewhere else than Cpt..
Being broke and being poor are two different things. Dre and Eazy both bought homes in the same gated community during the N.W.A. days and they both still lived there during the Death Row feud so Dre certainly wasn't poor at that point. The higher cost of living might have caused him finanicial problems if Ruthless really wasn't paying him his worth but who really knows what happened with that situation?

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:58 AM »
Dre may still have love..

Quik may still have love

Eiht gets no love from his hood...if he goes to tpcc his homies gon be chirpin me...but before they chirp me they probally have pocket checked em like they always do...I remember eihts homies jacked em in my homies spot one time....he looked sad ran to his car and drove off startin to cry...I laughed..cuz if he wans such a buster like dat niggas would not try you...