Author Topic: Looks like Kiffin is on the way out...  (Read 299 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Looks like Kiffin is on the way out...
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617200

Source: Raiders owner Davis making moves to start process of replacing Kiffin
By John Clayton

Even though Lane Kiffin remained head coach of the Oakland Raiders long enough to meet with the Bay Area media Monday, the process of replacing him has begun.

Can't Win For Losing

They've lingered since January, but questions over Raiders coach Lane Kiffin's job status hit a crescendo after Sunday's 28-18 loss to the Chargers.

Worst Win Percentage
Raiders Head Coaches
(Since NFL-AFL Merger) Coach Span Record Pct.
Joe Bugel 1997 4-12 .250
Lane Kiffin 2007-08 5-15 .250
Norv Turner 2004-05 9-23 .281
Mike Shanahan 1988-89 8-12 .400

According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis scheduled one-hour meetings Monday evening with three members of the coaching staff -- offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, offensive line coach Tom Cable and longtime NFL offensive coordinator and current Raiders consultant Paul Hackett. The meetings, according to the source, were to discuss the possibility of replacing Kiffin, who has yet to be informed of any potential change.

Kiffin declined comment Monday evening when contacted. During his Monday news conference, he told the local press he was no longer going to discuss any of his conversations or meetings with Davis. It is believed Davis has not talked to him about a possible change.

"I just feel we're going to open up too many things, and those are conversations that I do or do not have with him that should stay between him and I," Kiffin said in his news conference.

The Raiders, off to a 1-3 start, have had leads of 12, 13 and 9 points over the past three games, but have won only one of those games. The Raiders are in a bye week, which is a natural time for a potential coaching change. In 1989, Davis fired Mike Shanahan during a bye week after a 1-3 start and Art Shell finished what turned out to be an 8-8 season.

"At times we're playing as well as anybody in the league. I know that sounds strange for you guys to hear, but look at the numbers," Kiffin said in his news conference. "Look at the way we're playing in the first three quarters of the last three weeks in a row; we're playing good enough to be on a three-game winning streak. All that being said, we're 1-3."

The 33-year-old Kiffin is in only his second season as head coach of the Raiders. His record is 5-15, but the team improved its offensive scoring by a touchdown last season, going from a little more than 10 points a game to 17. The Raiders have been using a run-oriented offense for first-year starter JaMarcus Russell, and so far he has thrown only one interception in four games, that interception coming off a deflected pass.

Davis has told Bay Area reporters he may speak to them at some point this week. Once he settles on a possible replacement, Davis could then inform Kiffin and make a change during the bye week.

what a suprise... :grumpy:
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Looks like Kiffin is on the way out...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »
quagmire

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
why fire kiffin? it aint his damn fault our guys give up in the 2nd half or that our pass protection is fuckin horrible...hire a fuckin offensive line dont fire Kiffin...

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:36 PM »
poor guy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:53:20 PM »
I feel for dude, I don't really think you can solely blame him for the fact that the raiders haven't had much any success in the last few years

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »
the coaches are always just the scapegoat for Al Davis. I think Kiffin could be a very good coach in this league. Under normal circumstances....the team wearing down in the second half WOULD be partially the coaches fault. But this is the Raiders. The players wont respect the coaches as long as Al Davis is calling the shots...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
why fire kiffin? it aint his damn fault our guys give up in the 2nd half or that our pass protection is fuckin horrible...hire a fuckin offensive line dont fire Kiffin...

lol..they hired the offensive line coach which was funny

Anywayz...how was he lieing? Every press conference he was being asked about Al Davis. Dude was dealing with it the best he could
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
Al Davis is a piece of shit.  He was a great owner a long, long time ago but he needs to die already

DIP DIP SET SET