Author Topic: Damn...I DJ'd at Centennial High in Compton last night.....  (Read 1112 times)

BIG D O

• 'G'
  • Spreadin' That Good Music....
Re: Damn...I DJ'd at Centennial High in Compton last night.....
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 10:55:42 PM »
yeah, them youngin's don't know shit man....kids was born the same year Dre and Snoop and them was droppin these records....lol...us 84' and 83er's are gettin old!!
Out Now!!

Download for free here:
www.myspace.com/d_o_beatz

CHECK THE ILLEST BLOG ON THE NET:
www.purehip-hop.blogspot.com

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 01:43:18 AM »
yo r-tistic you got a sight to peep your mixes or beats?

The only mix I had up expired a few weeks ago...but I'm puttin it back up, along with one I'm doin for Dubcnn that has a few rare tracks that I won't claim as exclusives, but are hella hard to find.

I got a few older beats on www.soundclick.com/rtistic

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 03:51:23 AM »
I just rocked tha set tonite, it was hella fun, I had a whole buncha requests for california luv tonite but I stayed mainly to top 40 and newer hiphop. Dammit, I forgot 'Turf Drop' thoe. Btw a smart dj who examins the crowd as I noticed tonite can get away with missing 'crank dat' and 'lolli pop' in their sets if they play doper/newer stuff, people won't even notice you didn't play that bubble gum stuff. Of course I kept 'em happy with 'In tha ayerr' and 'Private dancer' etc;.
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »
LOL Oh my gosh!, I didn't have a great crowd to begin w/ last nite cuz half of the 100 or so were at this other same kind of invent across town that this one organzation hosts like 1nce a year, I'll have them all back next friday thoe, but yea, lol I played (dunno wtf I was thinkin') "Tha Block Is Hot" - Lil'Wayne and cleared house, lmfao. I hadda bring whoever was there back with Rihannna's - 'Don't stop the music'.
DJ.THIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
......and I realized that half of the kids there were born AFTER the Chronic and even Doggystyle.

I was doin a football game there, and everything was cool...nobody trippin or anything, but when I was going through my songs, I realized how old I am...or either how young the kids are. Most of the dudes there still seemed to know the songs....I guess it's the same way that people my age knew all the 70's and early 80's songs that dropped before we were even born, but it's still a wild thought to me. It seemed like the girls weren't into these kinds of songs as much as the dudes...I know they probably just want to hear Lil Wayne and Jeezy all day...but at least the youngsters knew about the old tracks.

I think it may be different at other schools though...if I did a HS event somewhere in the suburbs, the kids would probably look at me like I was playing some damn Barry Mandelow or somethiin. For y'all...does it seem like the youngsters know anything about, or care anything about the 90's music?
hahaha but thats networth my equal yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »
LOL Oh my gosh!, I didn't have a great crowd to begin w/ last nite cuz half of the 100 or so were at this other same kind of invent across town that this one organzation hosts like 1nce a year, I'll have them all back next friday thoe, but yea, lol I played (dunno wtf I was thinkin') "Tha Block Is Hot" - Lil'Wayne and cleared house, lmfao. I hadda bring whoever was there back with Rihannna's - 'Don't stop the music'.

LOL dayum...I'd only play Block is hot durin a Wayne set, unless it was hella early. I might do a Wayne set n throw that on just on some "let's see how many of y'all were REALLY fuckin with Wayne 9 years ago"

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 02:57:36 AM »
Lol, Yeah ay! They were lookin' @ me like a deer caught in the headlights, word up, lol, report to all dj's - stay away from tha block is hot until further notice! lol
DJ.THIRRZTY