Author Topic: ~Dead Poets Clique..~  (Read 938 times)

.:R-E-L:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R-E-L...comin w/ that punk rap!  
Re: ~Dead Poets Clique..~
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2002, 08:19:20 PM »
yo if i were a mod i would delete all the beef and bullshit and keep the poetry.......

or jus lock this shit up
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Straight Outta Muthafuckin So. Kaliforn-i-a
909 805 310 323 213 818 661 949 714 609 415 619 562

ToNe1904

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2002, 08:49:11 PM »
Arent yall glad we got Tanjint in here to be able to "define" something as abstract as poetry?  ::) You might as well quit homie, all your doin is making yourself look bad. U come with the attitude that youre enlightening the keystyle forum, when really all youre doing is trying to make yourself feel better by pretending that youre some sort of Poetic God. You dont make the rules of poetry (sorry to tell u that), u didnt invent poetry, and u for DAMN sure aint the judge of what is, and isnt poetry. I aint tryna beef wit u, but if u take a second to step back and look at what youre writing...youd see that youre basically insulting anyone and everyone who posted something in this thread, only trying to cover it up with a bullshit compliment like, "you are all capable of....". I appreciate that, but i dont think u are anyone to tell me whether what i write is poetry. If u feel youre so much better, thats fine...but keep it to yurself. Im not ALL into poetry, but i have seen my fair share of it. Ive read some, listen to some, seen slams...all that. And MANY of those "poets" write things far less "poetic" (according to yur definition) then what ive seen on here. That doesnt mean they arent poets. The most important thing ive witnessed from seeing poets interacting with eachother...is respect for other writers. U could learn. peace

ChildOfMuthaNature

• 'G'
  • Nature's Child
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2002, 01:03:04 AM »
*shakes his head* i was going to post mine but damn now all this spoiled the thread's flow :-/...maybe i'll start my own... props to Blade and all the other "Dead Poets".

peace

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2002, 01:19:41 AM »
Fuck 1st go at coming poetic! feedback yall.

:: Prisoner:::

The flashbacks forever remain like a white shirt stain...
Emotional discharge leaking out my pockets as I conceal this pain...
Thoughts of suicide, though my end’ll be soon enough...
On Death-Row for murder one, execution will commence in a month...
I sit up in my cell at night, thinkin about when I die will I see da light...
Or will I end up tortured by Satan for all da sins of my dysfunctional life...
Every second that ticks by I sense my death drawing nearer...
Why da fuck did I wild out...I loved her yet I killed-her...
Now it’s 20 hours a day in a cell, pacin back and fourth as my sanity silently yells...
Lord please forgive me, I don’t want my soul to discintegrate in da fires of hell...

~~A month later~~

Layed out on this table, waitin for da angel of death...
This lethal Injection's poisen will finalize my last breath...
Strapped to this death bed, I feel my stomach risin to my throat...
This sense of eternal terror is so real that I could choke...

:: Priest:::

Any last words??

Nah

The syringe enters, I feel da fluid traveling from my arm to my head...
No need to talk, cuz in 5 seconds I'll be dead...
Silence fills da room, and ? Wtf...I can't feel my legs...
I...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2002, 08:46:17 PM »
you guys are getting on me for my opinion when th word "forum" comes from the greeks or romans getting together in a room and talking about stuff including opinions that may conflict another mans statements....Mouse,i've always thought you were dope and you still are and your stuff has always been poetic but i think you understand my comments very well so i don't see what the problem is in this instance...anyway,what you spit was great but could it stand as a poem outside of the context it's in? well i guess if you wanna get technical "Yes" anything you frickin want can be a poem but i mean you refer to my name like twice in what you wrote you mentions "dpc"  so it wouldn't be as a poem standing itself logically but if you want  then yes i agree you can call whatever you want to a poem.....but if one is so careless with poems then one is not a poet....A poet doesn't mean just someone who writes poems....

see the problem with people who's instrument is language is that you think you can get away with ignoring our roots....

you say i'm trying to force structure upon you...hell no....i don't have a definitve structure...sometimes i'll rhythmically rhyme but it gets only less structured from there for me....i'm just saying you should be aware of and KNOW structure before you toss it out....it's like if you didn't know what school was and you decided not to go just because your older brother told you about it....i mean Mouse: you are familiar wiht structure and alot of yourself is poetry and you can probably call yourself a poet (i don't know because i don't know you but your work merits it) but people like Hates and Blade...the most intelligent work you've probably familiarized yourself with is 2pac..i love 2pac and he's one of the greats but you should check other greats you know? it's like most peeps just learned about poetry a little bit in elementary and middle,listened to pac,rapped and now all the sudden they're a poet.....i'm just saying you should know structure so you can break it...you don't have to follow structure but know it...if you don't know structure you'll probably fall into cliche which i've seen you guys do...hell i do it too which is why in continue to edify my mind but it seems you think you're all set

like musicians.....they can't just do their own thing...they have to learn to play first and of course that involves other peoples work....and then they can make their own stuff because they can play....

just knowing how tp speak,read and write is the equivalent of just knowing how to make sound come from the instrument....

now once you have read a substantial amount of writing(not just rap because there's not that much poetry in rap and rap is derivative of stuff that we don't even know about until we've read it)

just basing your poetry on the intake of  a rap fan is like watching the empire strikes back without any other sw movies and then writing a review on the trilogy.....

tone: where did i state my definition of poetic? poetry is in everything and i know that

man i guess i should have made it clear this is all my opinion but as long as that's clear i shouldn't  be attacked for criticising...any writer should be able to take criticism...and yeah i'll be able to tell if you come outta nowhere and call my poems shitty out of spite for post like this and i can admit it
when i drop whack poetry or otherwise...in my battle with pillow I-bo said i had a low vocab....i didn't wanna accept that and i was gonna come with some bs about how i use a better vocab then most because i usually do in life or writing but i checked the verse and realized in that verse and occasionally otherwise my vocab was low so i didn't throw that at I-bo,he was right.in response i pretty much said "damn,i gotta try harder next time"....did any of you even check your verse for the stuff i was/am talking about or were you just itching to attack me for "trying to structure you and say what you could  and couldn't do" etc as soon as you read the post???

i really don't mean an attack i've just been irked by some stuff,it's a forum remember.

PEACE-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2002, 08:50:19 PM »
i can care less about all the bullshiz in herez

Pillow

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2002, 10:09:27 PM »
yo i think all the bs threads should be deleated because when ppl see all this shit on here, the tend to not look at the good stuff as the poetry, so can some mod please delete the no use posts?
peace.........

..::TinMaN::..

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2002, 10:19:48 PM »
Im too layzie 2 delete that shit just like im too layzie 2 read tanjint's educational threads about English.....fuck, I just got outta skool.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2002, 10:23:05 PM »
if you're too lazy to read it then how do you know what it's about MC beligerent? peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

ToNe1904

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2002, 10:41:52 PM »
tone: where did i state my definition of poetic? poetry is in everything and i know that

man i guess i should have made it clear this is all my opinion but as long as that's clear i shouldn't  be attacked for criticising...any writer should be able to take criticism...and yeah i'll be able to tell if you come outta nowhere and call my poems shitty out of spite for post like this and i can admit it
when i drop whack poetry or otherwise...in my battle with pillow I-bo said i had a low vocab....i didn't wanna accept that and i was gonna come with some bs about how i use a better vocab then most because i usually do in life or writing but i checked the verse and realized in that verse and occasionally otherwise my vocab was low so i didn't throw that at I-bo,he was right.in response i pretty much said "damn,i gotta try harder next time"....did any of you even check your verse for the stuff i was/am talking about or were you just itching to attack me for "trying to structure you and say what you could  and couldn't do" etc as soon as you read the post???

i really don't mean an attack i've just been irked by some stuff,it's a forum remember.

PEACE-Tanjint

thas cool, if u wanna give your opinion. The reason i mentioned u giving your "definition" of poetry, is because u came out and said that everything we wrote...was NOT poetry. I jus dont feel its your call on that one, yah know? Criticism is good, if its contructive. If that was yur intent wit it, then its all good. Im thru arguin tho. peaccce

:.Da6shoota.:

• 'G'
  • Repin` Killa Kali !!!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2002, 09:48:52 PM »
That's some real nice shit fellaz.

Don't let anyone negatively influence what comes from your heart.

True art comes from the heart--That's all that counts.

Fuck everything else ;)

Inland     Empire

How many emcees must get dissed ?

New Artist:

CYLO Multimedia©
[/glow]