Author Topic: Are NBA & American professional players doped?  (Read 474 times)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Are NBA & American professional players doped?
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:26:10 AM »
That's a legit question. Here in Europe (expecially here in Italy, were we're serious about it now), they always do drug tests and doping tests, every week, after every game, and all the doping substances are illegal no matter what. Every player has to submit to doping tests, it's not a player's decision but it's the law who forces professional players to make those tests. You can't take those substances, and if you do and you fail to pass a test, they ban you for months/years. They even ban you if you refuse to take the test, cause it means you have something to hide. I know in the States it's different, and it's legal to use some substances that here they're considered doping. And they don't even take serious doping tests. I thought about it cause i've read PG Dan Dickau was signed to Air Avellino, an italian team, but he left the team cause he was asked to submit to a doping test, and he didn't want to do it, saying that they don't do them tests in the States and that it's his personal business if he takes drugs or not, and it shouldn't be revealed to the public. A totally different approach, isn't it?

What you guys think about it? Are you sure your NBA players are drug-free? And do you care about it? (or do you just care to see a good show, and good players playing the best they can no matter how)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Are NBA & American professional players doped?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
American players are doped, but it's not from performance enhancing drugs, maybe drugs that mess up their performance.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »
i dont know if they use PEDs, but weed may be a different story.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
the NFL sure, look at bill romanowski for example
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »
the NFL sure, look at bill romanowski for example

I thought were talking about NBA. NFL, that's different.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
Naw, not only NBA. I mean American professional players in general, so NFL too.

ABN

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 02:21:40 AM »
there are a lot of juiced up hockey players,football players and baseball players. and since no one´s really trying to do anything about i doubt it´ll change. if you get caught you´ll get some fines and maybe a short suspension so it might be worth the risk. over here, you´ll get a minimum ban of 2 years and if you fuck up again you´ll be suspended for the rest of your life.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
I don't understand.. Are you asking about performance enhancing drugs (steroids) or recreational drugs (weed, coke, etc.)? If so, the latter is common, while the former would be very unusual in basketball (though there's been a whole ordeal about it in baseball these past couple years)...Dan Dickau is probably a pothead...LOL.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 06:14:36 PM »
there are a lot of juiced up hockey players,football players and baseball players. and since no one´s really trying to do anything about i doubt it´ll change. if you get caught you´ll get some fines and maybe a short suspension so it might be worth the risk. over here, you´ll get a minimum ban of 2 years and if you fuck up again you´ll be suspended for the rest of your life.

2 years?  i wish they did that in the MLB...make this sport pure again.  i dont care if someone hits 50 hr, as long as they drive in runs, thats all that counts.  like my boy james loney, he only hit like 14HR i think, but still drove in 90 runs. 

btw, where is "over here"?

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

ABN

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 03:37:44 AM »
almost ever country in the world outside of North America.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 05:10:51 PM »
I don't understand.. Are you asking about performance enhancing drugs (steroids) or recreational drugs (weed, coke, etc.)? If so, the latter is common, while the former would be very unusual in basketball (though there's been a whole ordeal about it in baseball these past couple years)...Dan Dickau is probably a pothead...LOL.

Dickau refused to make an anti-doping test. With this word in Europe we usually refers to the meaning "performance enhancing drugs". The most common one is EPO.
I'm sure 99.9% of the professional athletes in here doesn't take weed & coke, cause they do tests after basically every game (like 2-3 players per team), and it's too risky.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »

True that. Here in Italy it's the same. From 2 years (if you are lucky) to lifetime ban. Shit they banned a guy last year only because he refused to make a test.. for 2 years.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 08:31:51 PM »

True that. Here in Italy it's the same. From 2 years (if you are lucky) to lifetime ban. Shit they banned a guy last year only because he refused to make a test.. for 2 years.

how do they get treated by the fans when that happens?  do they accept em back/forgive them when the return?

most fans over here hate cheaters.  and teams will usually blackball/not hire someone who has connections with PED (thats what we call em in the states - performance enhancing drugs).

i firmly believe that anyone who is caught in possession of/using PED, in the mlb, should be fired on the spot, return the $$ to the team, and be stripped of any titles/awards they won. 

ABN

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 10:23:41 PM »

how do they get treated by the fans when that happens?  do they accept em back/forgive them when the return?

most fans over here hate cheaters.  and teams will usually blackball/not hire someone who has connections with PED (thats what we call em in the states - performance enhancing drugs).

i firmly believe that anyone who is caught in possession of/using PED, in the mlb, should be fired on the spot, return the $$ to the team, and be stripped of any titles/awards they won. 
fact is that if American fans hated cheaters then they would hate pretty much everyone involved with baseball and football ever before they get caught coz it´s not a secret to anyone what their doing. and i think people should be given a second chance, but if they fuck up again i think it´s very reasonable to ban them for life. i can´t really recall anyone that´s not been welcomed back by the fans. but if you get caught once and you´re a big footballer(soccer player)you´ll lose a shitload of money coz the team don´t have to pay your wage and you´ll lose all of your endorsments so most of them won´t fuck up again.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 03:13:36 AM »
It rarely happens to top players anyway. Usually it's minor players who get caught by the tests.