Author Topic: Westcoast rappers still get no love at radio!  (Read 336 times)

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Westcoast rappers still get no love at radio!
« on: October 11, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »
ive never heard any g.malone, bishop lamont, crooked i, sly boogy, etc on ANY real radio show other than if they are doing a interview.

i hear snoop and game, thats all.

West needs to step up their lyrics and content

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Westcoast rappers still get no love at radio!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:54:03 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because the radio is ALL about lyrics and content  ::)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

h2k4

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

because the radio is ALL about lyrics and content  ::)

LOL.  +1.

SO PRUP

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 08:30:37 PM »
they get love on So Prup Radio

godlike25

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »
they dont know how to make a good airplay song.

They try to be too real and not too cheesy and end up making washed up shit.

Only Game knows how to make A song  thats not too Gay POP and not too washed up and radio friendly.

My Life has 4000 spins on Rhythmic and 2000 on Urban, thats how u do it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »
they dont know how to make a good airplay song.

They try to be too real and not too cheesy and end up making washed up shit.

Only Game knows how to make A song  thats not too Gay POP and not too washed up and radio friendly.

My Life has 4000 spins on Rhythmic and 2000 on Urban, thats how u do it.

if Crooked had a smart marketing plan/team behind him his tracks are EASILY radio hits  (ie My Life 2.0)

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »
Fuck L.A radio...Dubcnn.com is the best L.A radio u r gonna get..If u heard it..u heard it here first..
Flixx

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
ive never heard any g.malone, bishop lamont, crooked i, sly boogy, etc on ANY real radio show other than if they are doing a interview.

i hear snoop and game, thats all.

West needs to step up their lyrics and content

why would they bump any those niggas?  they just mixtape rappers
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

D Breezy

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »
sly boogy used to be one the radio and people were feelin it for a lil while, but he never put a cd out! g malone is one the radio alot on 106, but its cuz he has that south sound to his music. and they started to play grow up on the radio, i hear it on sirius, its getting spins. they started to open up a little on the radio at least.
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

chunkc85

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Tha Buziness
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »
I've heard both G. Malone and Bishop on the radio. I think G. Malone was on the dj skee show but Bishop was on like at 4pm or so.

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »
MR.CAPONE-E AND MR.CRIMINAL GET RADIO PLAY IN LA! AND THEY ARE INDEPENDENT ARTIST THEY GOT PLAYED ON KIIS FM WHICH IS A TOP 40 STATION AND ALL THE OTHER BIG ONES POWER 106FM LATINO 96.3 ... SOMETIMES IF YOU HAVE A HUGE FOLLOWING YOU CAN GET RADIO BY THE NUMBER OF FANS EVERYDAY RADIO RESPECTS TRUE ARTIST WITH FOLLOWINGS

I

Elano

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 04:26:18 AM »

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
WEST COAST NEEDS TO GET PLAYED !! ALL ARTIST SHOULD UNITE AND TALK TO THE PD'S OUT IN THE WEST

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »
How can we expect to hear West Coast on the radio, when what seemed to be the most promising station, KDay, turned into the OLD Beat and plays syndicated shows ALL DAY, ALL WEEK?

F'k radio...as long as us DJ's can stay pushin what's good. I'll play ANYTHING if it has that hit to it...I could care less if it's from an artist so unknown that his brother and best friend don't know he raps...if he can make a song that has that feel and is strong enough, I'll play it just as much as Wayne.

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »
YEAH KDAY ONLY APPEAL TO THE URBAN ..I THINK KDAY WAS THE BEST WITH WS RADIO BUT THE STATION LACKED HISPANIC LISTENERS REMEMBER THIS IS THE WEST COAST AND I HOPE I DON'T BUST ANYONES BUBBLE BUT THE WEST WILL NEVER BE BACK UNTIL LATINO/CHICANOS GET MORE LOVE FROM THE MEDIA..... THEN THE WEST WILL BE BACK AND THE ARTIST THAT STAY COLLAB WITH CHICANOS IN THE WEST I THINK THEY WILL COME UP ALSO BUT WE HAVE TO FACE REALITY WHEN THE WEST COAST WAS HUGE THE CHOLOS AND CHICANOS WHERE BUYING EAZY-E NWA ETC. NOW WE HAVE OUR OWN MUSIC AND THAT'S DIVIDEING OUR SALES BEWTEEN US IF THE MEDIA AND PEOPLE LIKE DUBCNN AND OTHERS START EMABRASSING US MORE I PROMISE THE WEST WILL BE BACK~!~ AND BOTH FAN BASES WILL START BUYING EACH OTHERS MUSIC IT'S ALL ABOUT GOOD MUSIC AT THE END OF THE DAY AND THE WEST IS DIVIDE MY RAZA ALWAYS SHOWED BLACKS LOVE BUT WHAT'S MESS UP THE RAZA IS NOT GETTING LOVE BACK SO MOST CHICANO RAPPERS ARE DOING IT ON THIER OWN AND HI POWER IS A TRUE EXAMPLE OF REAL HOMIES THAT RESPECT THE LEGENDS OF THE WEST LIKE EAZY-E 2 PAC, BUT IF NO LOVE IS SHOWN BACK THAT DOESN'T STOP THE FANS FROM BUYING OUR RECORDS YOU FEEL ME!!