Author Topic: Fabolous has chosen the movie Carlito's Way as inspiration for his new album  (Read 288 times)

Elano

::)
With Hip Hop's fixation on movies such as Scarface and The Godfather, it may not be a huge surprise to most that Brooklyn rapper Fabolous has chosen the movie Carlito's Way as inspiration for his upcoming album Loso's Way.

"I'm theming it after the movie Carlito's Way," Fabolous told HipHopDX. "The principal I'm taking for that is how he was a street dude and tryna' make the transition from being a street dude into something more. So that's where I'm taking that from and molding it into my life."

Fabolous released From Nothin' To Somethin', his fourth album, on June of last year. The album went on to reach the number two spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
From Nothin' To Somethin' featured a number of big name producers including Akon, Timbaland, Just Blaze, Polow da Don, and several others. But this time around, Fabolous is focused more on the music rather than the names.

"So far we've worked with Jermaine Dupri , DJ Toomp ," Fabolous revealed to HipHopDX. "But it's not just about big names, it's about hot joints. I'll work with anybody. They send me beats all day."

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
sounds promisin!

GangstaBoogy

He used to be so dope. He's picked it up lately but he's been wack in recent years.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

West Coast Veteran

Fab got so much potential. Definitely sick lyrically and flow wise. He has no direction though on his albums and the "girly" singles need to go. Imagine an album mostly of "Breathe"s that would be insane!

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
Imagine an album mostly of "Breathe"s that would be insane!

After I heard Yukmouths Breathe diss towards The Game, I deleted The OG Song.. Yuk Killed That One

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
^^Nah, Yuk is one of my 5 favorite rappers ever and I liked that diss, but Fab's og Breathe is still a lot better

DIP DIP SET SET

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
 :grumpy:

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
cant really judge till it comse out.  expect the worst and hope for the best

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

Yup, I _THINK_ this will be the street album Fab fans have wanted but never got...

He already has mixtapes called "LOSO'S WAY", he better not use that title again, lol.

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad

Yup, I _THINK_ this will be the street album Fab fans have wanted but never got...

He already has mixtapes called "LOSO'S WAY", he better not use that title again, lol.
lol

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES

After I heard Yukmouths Breathe diss towards The Game, I deleted The OG Song.. Yuk Killed That One

Are you serious?  Yuk's is a whole diss song directed towards an individual, Fab's is much more universal and replayable...  Everytime u listen to GAME OVER u thinking of The Game..

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Always lookin forward to some new Fabolous.

Are you serious?  Yuk's is a whole diss song directed towards an individual, Fab's is much more universal and replayable... 

True.

kemizt

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
so letas all hope that at the end of the album some one rollsup and shoots him, to keep that brigante swagger