Author Topic: wanna learn more about turntables  (Read 188 times)

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
wanna learn more about turntables
« on: October 14, 2008, 01:04:18 PM »
basically put i got some money saved up that i wanna invest into some turntables but my research got me little messed up.

Can anybody suggest what types are a good investment, especially with all the electronic turntables and wateva.

thanx

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: wanna learn more about turntables
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:12:10 PM »
Make sure you'll buy turntables, not that new era CD/MP3 player shit. Scratches on turntables are inimitable! You can't do 'em on that CD player. So buy yourself turntables for sure. You will probably need some Serato later if you don't have tons of vinyls. It depends for what kind of use you wanna have them.

1. If you wanna DJ in some clubs, buy yourself a Serato thing or thing similar to it.

2. If you're vinyl collector, then fuck Serato and play from your LPs.

I'm both two version, so I'll buy myself Serato too. I have these Omnitronic DD-2250 turntables, I'm not sure that you'll find them in the USA. It's ''cheaper'' Technics, but almost the same quality. If you got a lot of money, buy Technics or Vestax. You wouldn't been disappointed. It's only my advice, nothing further.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:14:34 PM by Birdie »
It's funky enough!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »
Make sure you'll buy turntables, not that new era CD/MP3 player shit. Scratches on turntables are inimitable! You can't do 'em on that CD player. So buy yourself turntables for sure. You will probably need some Serato later if you don't have tons of vinyls. It depends for what kind of use you wanna have them.

1. If you wanna DJ in some clubs, buy yourself a Serato thing or thing similar to it.

2. If you're vinyl collector, then fuck Serato and play from your LPs.

I'm both two version, so I'll buy myself Serato too. I have these Omnitronic DD-2250 turntables, I'm not sure that you'll find them in the USA. It's ''cheaper'' Technics, but almost the same quality. If you got a lot of money, buy Technics or Vestax. You wouldn't been disappointed. It's only my advice, nothing further.

+1

Yeah, he basically covered it all. It's 2008...so I'd just advise to go straight to Serato, but still get at least 40-50 vinyls just for backup and practice in case somebody ever wants to test you. Real vinyls feel a LITTLE different...most people don't agree, but use Serato for 2-3 months and go straight to vinyl and I guarantee you'll feel it. It's impossible to get every song on vinyl nowadays, and it's toooo much maintenance and stress...so just go straight to Serato. It is costly, but worth it.

I have only owned Technics, but I've heard mixed reviews about everything else. I would also advise turntables over CDJs, especially since Serato makes it so that you don't have to have hella vinyls or CDs.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:31:54 AM »
It's funky enough!

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »
You guys are awsome thanx guys, ill keep ya posted on my status when i get them

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
what ever you do.....dont fuck with them fake ass cd turntables

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 11:53:01 AM »
one of my friends is a dj and he got me virtual DJ for the computer and so far the program seems ok.  i need to pick up the mixer and tables to connect to the comp.