Author Topic: Don't cry if Manny doesn't sign with the Dodgers  (Read 72 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Don't cry if Manny doesn't sign with the Dodgers
« on: October 17, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
All Imma say is that the Dodgers will still be in good shape if the team does not sign him.  What's going to matter is all the other decisions made during the off-season and it's going to help a lot the fact that we have a good base already.  There have been plenty of cases where a star player gets traded or lost to free agency, and the next season is a huge success(Now I'm not saying that The Dodgers will automatically be good if Manny is out but what I'm saying is that it can be done and don't be shocked if it is).  That's the good thing about the Dodgers' current team, the players they have are young.  It wasn't a situation where the team needed to win the world series or that's it time to rebuild. 

Comments about our main young players

C- Russell Martin
He's obviously a good catcher.  The problem with him is that for 3 consecutive seasons, he's declined in the 2nd half.  He might be getting tired, so the only possible solution there is to pepper in a few more rests throughout the season. 

1B-  James Loney
Great Defense, solid hitting, ok pop.  Lots of ball players develop some pop through the years, James Loney might fall in this category...and I really hope so.  He'll have 2-3 seasons to show it, if not than I think Loney might be one of the easier guys to let go.  Especially if Lambo continues to hit like he has.

2B/3B- Blake DeWitt
Solid hitting, currently developing power.  This guy is pretty much going to have to learn to become a better hitter immediately at the major league level.  His best years are still 2-3 years from now

RF- Andre Ethier
Great defense/arm, solid hitting, solid pop.  If his second half performance is the real deal, then damn thank God.  As long as he OPS at around the .850-.880 clip, it's all good

CF- Matt Kemp
Great defense/arm, solid hitting, solid pop and still developing.  He learned a shitload this season.  We'll see how good this gets next year, should develop into a Top 5 CF with ease.

Chad Billingsley has increased his strikeout ratio for back to back years, dude will just get better. 
Clayton Kershaw's first full season as a major league starter?  What else can I say but fucking awesome.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Re: Don't cry if Manny doesn't sign with the Dodgers
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:46:53 PM »
I think he will sign somewhere else.

I said all along unless you guys made the world series then this was a bad move and I stand by what I said months ago.

DIP DIP SET SET

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
they need manny or CC
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »

I said all along unless you guys made the world series then this was a bad move and I stand by what I said months ago.

a bad move??

1-he was free

2-think of how much $$$ they raked in off his 61 games or so

3-they can use the "well we didnt want him quitting on us when we pay him" excuse that got him traded there to begin with

great move by LA
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »

That's what I said as well.  But on a financial part, losing 6 years of Laroche is financially made up with the 10million dollars of extra revenue Manny was able to bring.  I think the Blake trade is what's going to hurt this team the most.  Santana looks like a legit C prospect, and we could have moved Martin away from the C position.