Author Topic: Why don't more east coast albums have a lineup like....  (Read 323 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Why don't more east coast albums have a lineup like....
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »
termanologys album on paper looks like a 90's revival but wasn't as dope as i was expecting. that premo bun b joint is dope as hell  8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Why don't more east coast albums have a lineup like....
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 05:36:24 PM »
The problem I have with this is that the production line-up looks great on paper but the album just doesn't deliver. When it works, the producer delivers an outstanding beat and Term rips the rhymes (see 'Watch How It Go Down', 'The Chosen'). But for most of it, the songs just aren't as good as the line-up would have you expect. The PR and Extra P beats are pretty average, two of the three Nottz beats are fucking horrible and on most of the tracks Term doesn't get a chance to be a lyrical as he has proved he can be.

Overall, not a return to the golden age IMO.

co sign. I did expect more from that lineup beat wise. But still a impressive list on paper. For him to get all those producers on 1 album is a accomplishment it itself but the beats were at times a little blah.
it's ironic that you mention that because a month or two ago said that based on the production termanology's album was gonna be better than tip's album but i guess not. LOL. this list still looks great on paper though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.