Author Topic: Some wize words from Bigg Steele  (Read 153 times)

penenstamp

Some wize words from Bigg Steele
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:16:10 AM »
Taken from his myspace:

Wednesday, October 22, 2008     

Why do you make music?????????????

People get into the music industry for several reasons. Some do it for the fortune and fame they see on television,(Some how this aspect has alluded me lol) Some People do it for the love,and therapeutic release. I fall into the later catagory. If you are doing music to get rich, you are in this shit for the wrong reasons,Don't get me wrong, I would love 50's chips,but I have a better chance of winning the California lottery than that happening lol.  The thrill of walking on stage in front of people is the ultimate high,(whether it's 50 or 500 people) and I will continue to perfect and master my craft till the day I'm called to rest. A painter never puts down his or her brush, (no matter if they have sold a painting or not) Dont get it twisted, Im not go be on stage with my grand kids watching me and a hump in my back lol, but I will always make music. The problem with music today is not really the music, Its the people running music. When ever people place a premium over the dollar VS creative freedom, Its stifiling to say the least, and it kill's Artist. i've only had one  record  deal, and it was the worst experience I have ever had. I have a publishing deal, which is some what better,but in hindsight probably not the best situation for all parties involved. They are very nice people,but pitching songs is a exercise in futility and turns nice people not so nice, especially when they start pointing fingers. You may love me, You may think im wack, ( lol when u hear Cereal & Water & Godzilla Im charging admission for u to ride my dick) to each his own. I do this for myself, and my those who dig what it is I do plus,im having the time of my life! Not poor, not rich, just happy to be doing what i do and pay a few bills in the process.

~Lucien~

Re: Some wize words from Bigg Steele
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:01:56 AM »
Bigg Steele is a good dude... He knows what's up

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
BIGG STEELE YOUZ A GOOD DUDE, I'M ROOTING 4 U!

SMEGMA, +1 FOR ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING SOMETHING POSITIVE TO THE DUBCNN FORUMS!

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:26:42 AM »
Bigg Steele is a good dude... He knows what's up
+1 zip!

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:33:40 AM »
Not poor, not rich, just happy to be doing what i do and pay a few bills in the process.[/i]

this is a dope quote  8)

D-Stress

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:44:01 AM »
Can Some1 Hook Me Up With His Track He Did With Don Jagwarr Called "Knock, Knock"? PM Me.

penenstamp

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »
BIGG STEELE YOUZ A GOOD DUDE, I'M ROOTING 4 U!

SMEGMA, +1 FOR ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING SOMETHING POSITIVE TO THE DUBCNN FORUMS!

You know what they say: real recognize real.

And to explain it for your negative IQ headed arse: I am a real person and I recognize Bigg Steele.

BETTA RECOGNIZE!

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
Good shit, I hope he comes out with another album soon. The last one was bangin.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

penenstamp

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 10:13:34 AM »
Good shit, I hope he comes out with another album soon. The last one was bangin.

If the album is anything like "Pinky Ring Music" then it will not disappoint! :)

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 11:29:14 AM »
Kneel & Kiss the Pinky Ring Mixtape was hot too