Author Topic: Do You think!-----New West Coast Can Make An Impact like the old West Coast did?  (Read 565 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
The newer artists that are carrying the load are The Game, Eastwood, Ya Boy, and Roscoe.  Period.  And that's it.  These are the cats that are going to make the biggest movement on the coast.

What we need to do, is weed out all these overrated garbage rappers that do nothing but diss rappers on the coast, and make shitty singles, and don't even keep up with the trends of Hip Hop.

And you know who they are, I don't have to name names.  But it's pretty much damn near every newer artist that I didn't name above.

You see how E-40, Snoop, and Too Short are so successful because they collab with the top acts and keep up with the club trends in Hip Hop.  That's why they've had successful careers and their names are still strong.

These newer West artists that are overrated garbage rappers all they do is hate, don't collab with the top acts, use outdated 1990 beats, and use their energy to bring everyone down instead of trying to bring themselves up (i.e. these no-names that want to diss The Game, our top rapper).

To answer the question, no it's not going to be as big as an impact.  But The Game is our best rapper, and he's a newer artist and moving tons of units.  He sets an example for our coast.  And if Roscoe gets this deal with Akon he is very capable of doing big things and he collabs with the right cats like Bobby Valentino.  And I really like the direction Eastwood is headed, he sets a great example for the coast, killer flow, strong bars, and he collabs with everyone and ain't about bullshit beef.  And Ya Boy is just nasty on the mic and he wants to do music with Eve, Swizz Beatz, and the heavy hitters -- there was a rumor he was going to be working with Dr. Dre on entire album, but that would have been a huge mistake cause Dr. Dre can't even release his own album.  I think Ya Boy will get a huge deal in time.  But these are the cats that are doing it real proper like.
Short, Snoop, and E 40 recently(06-08) dropped albums that flopped.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Raine

• Lil Geezy
  • RAINE N LANE N KOKANE THE ALBUM OUT NOW!!!
listen...you can't sit here and blame the major record labels because they are just gonna hop on whatever sells, so obviously that means they don't think the west coast a region is a viable thing in hip hop, there is a reason they feel that way...believe me a major record label would not pass on a real chance to make some money...honestly i can't blame them right now and that's not hating because you know i'm an artist too so that would mean im hating on myself...we just haven't created the "movement" that would allow the west coast as an entire region to be successful, even if we do have artists that are getting big and building a strong buzz individually.

and NO WE DO NOT NEED TO GO BACK TO G-FUNK PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT!!!! that was 1996, ITS OVER!!!!!! but let's say this, the west coast does need a sound to call its own because otherwise there is nothing to center the movement around.

what up XL?! keep coming with that funk my nigga!!

you make a good point. something i think we kinda all agree with. the solution then must be UNITY. but also... like you said... creating a new sound for the west. but i wouldnt be so quick to close the book on G funk. seeing how that is what we are most known for worldwide, and its the truest representation of our atmosphere out here, dont be surprised if that "new west" sound is derivative of that era. as it probably should be. it might just need to be dusted off and polished up to interest younger listeners that weren't  buying cds 10 years ago. theyre already fixated on a different sound. you gotta do something to grab their attention. funny thing is, media hype is what it really takes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:39:34 PM by Raine »
ORDER RAINE n LANE n KOKANE THE ALBUM NOW AT

www.myspace.com/rainendem.

Shipping Worldwide

love33

The newer artists that are carrying the load are The Game, Eastwood, Ya Boy, and Roscoe.  Period.  And that's it.  These are the cats that are going to make the biggest movement on the coast.

What we need to do, is weed out all these overrated garbage rappers that do nothing but diss rappers on the coast, and make shitty singles, and don't even keep up with the trends of Hip Hop.

And you know who they are, I don't have to name names.  But it's pretty much damn near every newer artist that I didn't name above.

You see how E-40, Snoop, and Too Short are so successful because they collab with the top acts and keep up with the club trends in Hip Hop.  That's why they've had successful careers and their names are still strong.

These newer West artists that are overrated garbage rappers all they do is hate, don't collab with the top acts, use outdated 1990 beats, and use their energy to bring everyone down instead of trying to bring themselves up (i.e. these no-names that want to diss The Game, our top rapper).

To answer the question, no it's not going to be as big as an impact.  But The Game is our best rapper, and he's a newer artist and moving tons of units.  He sets an example for our coast.  And if Roscoe gets this deal with Akon he is very capable of doing big things and he collabs with the right cats like Bobby Valentino.  And I really like the direction Eastwood is headed, he sets a great example for the coast, killer flow, strong bars, and he collabs with everyone and ain't about bullshit beef.  And Ya Boy is just nasty on the mic and he wants to do music with Eve, Swizz Beatz, and the heavy hitters -- there was a rumor he was going to be working with Dr. Dre on entire album, but that would have been a huge mistake cause Dr. Dre can't even release his own album.  I think Ya Boy will get a huge deal in time.  But these are the cats that are doing it real proper like.
Short, Snoop, and E 40 recently(06-08) dropped albums that flopped.

They all got singles in the club, they have their names and faces out there.  You go to the club and you hear "Wake It Up," "U and Dat," "Shake That Monkey," "Life Of Da Party," "Blow The Whistle," "That Baby Don't Look Like Me," "Sexual Seduction," "Keep Bouncin," etc.  People know who they are and they can still sellout shows, sell ringtones, and make big paper on moving singles that people pay to download.

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
In honesty, I don't see the 'new west' being as successful as the old. Now most just try and follow trends, rather than create thier own sound. I think the rest of the coast needs to take a page from the Bay area. Although Bay area hasn't blown (well not yet anyway), I think they doing most things right. They got their own sound, they all down with each other colloborating etc, not hating and most of all they support each other. Look at South, they all support each other crazy...they didn't take over hiphop by sounding like East Coast (who were on top at the time)...They created their own 'Dirty South' sound, which brought in the sales and deals etc.

For it to succeed, the whole coast needs to support each other (Bay, LA, I.E. etc etc Everywhere), and also create a 'new sound' (Like in the days with gang banging music and G-Funk), thats most likely what will get the ball rolling.

Also You can't just have 'new west' cats to take over...Needs to be a blend of both, Not seperating the two...It's like its new west vs old west, when it should be just WEST period.

2pac4life08

• Lil Geezy
flow is fine...all these west coast artist coming out got flow!! but i dont see concepts!!! i dont see anything that sparks an interest like how pac and the old west coast artist had...i use to want to watch interviews and footage of they struggle cuz it was interesting and it match they music

they had shit that was beyond music they had a culture and a lifestyle!

And im sick of people talking about yo im the future blah blah blah...then i listen they music and it....uhhh aigght tha most

aaamusicgroupwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • AAA Music Group - Mega Producers
I'm telling you guys Techniec has alot of what you are looking for under his belt...it's just timing..he's building up a load of music..

also, look at Crooked I and Ya Boy..they are doing alot of original stuff too....Eastwood too
Twitter us: @TECHNIEC @BLOCREBELMEDIA @aaamusicgroup @Longbeachls

ALBUM:  Techniec & L's Present: Blacklist - Purchase here: http://bit.ly/hF7JxS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
man.....I was thinking ??? these legends of this West Coast music shit are getting old meaning they hitting they 40's no disrespect but you think these new comers got what it takes to carry the torch after the History that West Coast Artist like pac,kurupt,Dj Quick snoop etc made!

im thinking what these guys did there aint no topping!! I Dont see How the West Coast can Really Musicly change the game like these guys did!
RIP
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
no!!!

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

PsychoToons5150

• Lil Geezy
I really would like to say yes but the truth is I dont think they can. I mean there are so many new rappers in the west but how in the hell can you make a impact when all you do is put out mixtapes. I mean dont get me wrong mixtapes are cool but people want to see you put out a real cd. The old west didnt rely on mixtapes they had quality cds coming out that you can still listen to straight thru all the way from the beginning to the end. and another problem I have with the new west rappers is they are too concerned about trying to impress fans of the south instead of the folks from the west that buy and support there music. and my last reason is theres no rapper that ive heard that actually can capture the listeners heart and mind and ears with there music like Pac could. If he was pissed off you would feel it and damn if you wouldnt be pissed off too by the end of the song because he could grab you like that. I havent heard anybody else do that yet. probly wont and they also are too concerned bout Having Dre working with them and then being pissed off when they dont get his attention.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
real shit

I really would like to say yes but the truth is I dont think they can. I mean there are so many new rappers in the west but how in the hell can you make a impact when all you do is put out mixtapes. I mean dont get me wrong mixtapes are cool but people want to see you put out a real cd. The old west didnt rely on mixtapes they had quality cds coming out that you can still listen to straight thru all the way from the beginning to the end. and another problem I have with the new west rappers is they are too concerned about trying to impress fans of the south instead of the folks from the west that buy and support there music. and my last reason is theres no rapper that ive heard that actually can capture the listeners heart and mind and ears with there music like Pac could. If he was pissed off you would feel it and damn if you wouldnt be pissed off too by the end of the song because he could grab you like that. I havent heard anybody else do that yet. probly wont and they also are too concerned bout Having Dre working with them and then being pissed off when they dont get his attention.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nope
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

$treet_Team$

• Lil Geezy
well conclusion is now!!! :-\

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Just focus on making dope music and getting it out there, whether on a indie or major scale. The rest is out of their hands. Let the ball bounce where it may like Rage say.