Author Topic: West Needs More Quality  (Read 819 times)

love33

West Needs More Quality
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:17:44 PM »
West needs to get rid of the haters, don't feature them on any tracks, don't work with them.  Keep a positive direction and positive mindset and move away from these garbage rappers who either think they can get famous off of dissing someone else or think it's 1993 and create the same music that we already have over 400 albums of.  We need some new talent that works with everyone on the coast who is positive, and mainstream artists, and mainstream producers.

The West needs to move away from rappers like:
1) Bishop Lamont -- dude is straight overrated.. Warren G gave him a big push and he couldn't deliver.. he has no charisma
2) XL Middleon -- This guy is a role player at best, he's not something to build a movement around and too much dissing come from him
3) Crooked I -- This mixtape diva doesn't have much appeal outside of a small demographic
4) Sly Boogy -- Sly Boogy that's your name? Cause I haven't heard shit from you in ages.
5) Knoc'Turnal -- Dude has potential but seems to pick all the wrong songs for his albums and can't market himself at all.
6) Jay Rock -- This guy has no appeal to girls at all or dance clubs
7) Glasses Malone -- Started out with a spark but can't carry a track on his own
8) Clyde Carson -- Very average artist that's good for a track or so but not an album
9) Keak Da Sneak -- This guy couldn't carry a track let alone a hyphy movement
10) Terrace Martin -- This guy thinks mentioning he's friends with Snoop is going to move him units when Snoop himself don't sell like he used to
11) K-9 -- This guy is straight garbage.. go make some more diss tracks about Suge Knight, I'm sure a whole 8 people will care to listen to them
12) Mitchy Slick -- No creativity, can't carry an album
13) Balance -- No versatility, just your typical 1993 sounding West Coast Rapper
14) Droop-E -- A poor man's version of E-40
15) 40 Glocc -- He's good for a couple tracks, but too many fillers
16) Q.P. -- Another 1993 rapper...sorry but it's 2008
17) Young Dru -- Is this a Yukmouth wannabee?
18) Damani -- Comes off as a throwback west rapper who can make a track, but too monotone for an album
19) Terrace Martin -- Another Snoop Dogg stan that will never amount to anything other than get featured on a couple Snoop tracks
20) Gorilla Black -- Maybe in early 2000's, but not in 2008
21) Ras Kass -- another wack dictionary rapper who tries to hate on the coast's #1 rapper
22) Spider Loc -- boring, no club appeal, too much of a groupie, disses cats for no reason...absolutely horrible
23) Silk Colone (?) -- Wasn't this the guy that dissed Game for "Face of L.A."? Another waste of space.
24) Hot Dollar -- This guy has no appeal and very average
25) Various Rappers -- Get rid of all these no-names that diss artists for no reason, like about 3/4 of this list

So-So Rappers:
** Tha Realest -- Great charisma, character, knows how to make good music but (not me personally) but people are always going to compare him to you know who -- he needs to change his name to Jevon "Tha Realest" Jones, reinvent his image and I think he has a good chance
** Yukmouth -- Has great energy but needs to use that flow he had on the first Luniz album and branch out a little more...and sign a real record deal man and collab with the real mainstream artists (like what Twista did when he went mainstream) -- this guy is good friends with Diddy he should use his connections to get a major deal

Our Best Young Rappers:

1) The Game  -- 2 platinum releases, 1 gold; best in the West period, collabs with the top acts like kanye, nas, & ne-yo
2) Eastwood -- smooth flow, killer bars, potent flow -- can do the hard raw tracks, club scene, and smooth shit!
3) Roscoe -- could see him collabin with akon, t-pain, florida in the future - he sounds great with valentino
4) Ya Boy -- nasty on the mic! wants to do mainstream real big - needs to sign a good deal

aaamusicgroupwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • AAA Music Group - Mega Producers
Re: West Needs More Quality
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:45:32 AM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:06:30 PM by aaamusicgroupwest »
Twitter us: @TECHNIEC @BLOCREBELMEDIA @aaamusicgroup @Longbeachls

ALBUM:  Techniec & L's Present: Blacklist - Purchase here: http://bit.ly/hF7JxS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 01:51:43 AM »
You ain't talking about quality and skill, you are talking about people that could get push in the industry.

Tha Realest has the charisma and package? Get the fuck outta here. He is a pac-wannabe that gets his laugh, tattoos and package from ripping 2Pac.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:05:01 AM »
10) Terrace Martin -- This guy thinks mentioning he's friends with Snoop is going to move him units when Snoop himself don't sell like he used to
19) Terrace Martin -- Another Snoop Dogg stan that will never amount to anything other than get featured on a couple Snoop tracks

penenstamp

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:58:19 AM »
Bishop Lamont
I agree he is overrated.

XL Middleon
This guy has enormous talent. Where does he ever diss people? I can't think of anyone he dissed.

Crooked I
He may not appeal to many people and he may never drop an album, but who cares? He gives us free music and 95% of it is great.

Knoc'Turnal
Once again: he may not appeal to the masses, but he doesn't drop wack music.

Ok, I replied about enough people. Your definition of quality seems to go hand in hand with mainstream appeal. Throw the mainstream out of the window and you'll appreciate more rap.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »
Fam, you mentioned terrace martin twice.....you smoking bags joe......terrace waz a musician before he hooked up wit the pound....fam plays the saxaphone, he is a tight producer..........what your bitch ass done made! I make beats nigga www.myspace.com/chicagoconfidentialent. Im from chi-town, I aint even a west coast nigga, but I know terrace got heat on BDN! Keep doing your thing Terrace. The quote about spider loc was accurate tho,
aftermath play to many games with peoples careers.
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 12:42:44 PM »
West Needs More Quality
thats it right there!!!

jus cuz jay rock, g malone, 211, roccett and others rap dont mean they are dope!!!

we need the dopest to drop muzik, but they arent!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »
K-9 is not even worth mentioning on that list.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Majesty

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »
I disagre with your post homie. 

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
Not everyone has got what it takes to be a mega star. They are a dime a dozen. Then you have your quiet achievers, your underground artists etc.

I agree withsome of the names you mention, but others I totally don't. Like if cards fall right some of them artists might have a chance to make it, or at least have some decent longevity...

I don't know who XL Middleton has dissed, but he checks this forum, so Im sure he would have an opinion, Terrace Martin has the best mixtape out now..One of my top 3 mixtapes in past 2 years (along with Westurn Union and Roscoe Umali), Plus hes a producer first same as Droop-E. Crooked I, although no album has dropped and will never hold my breathe for it, I think he is starting to finally get more recognition in the world of hip-hop (not just West Coast)...Sly Boogys about to drop an EP free next week on dubcnn while his long awaited 2nd album is due early next year...

I do agree with your Bishop Lamont, Spider Loc comments, but then turning it saying Realest has what it takes....sorry man, that seems twisted...like I gather you like him, thats cool, but his entire career has been built around being someone he is not.

Man I been a West-head for a long time now, and I have to say just accept that not ALL of your fav artists, or all new cats with hype are gonna make it.....I like to quote Lloyd Banks on this one 'Out of every 70 rappers, 69 flop' 

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »
like quality and quantity go hand in hand, the fuck outta here with that bullshit.......you want quality? two great albums dropped on the same day this month, from artists srtaight outta mid city LA (MURS & PUTS)and nobday gave a shit.......if your not gonna support good music cuz you need it spoon fed to you, then dont complain
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Aone08

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 12:52:15 AM »
It seems 2 me that whateva gets the most exposure is what people deem as quality..that's what's needs 2 change...there is plenty quality but there is lack of support for westcoast from the fans on up 2 radio.  Its deeper that just the artists believe dat!  That get it gang tape really impressed me and  taje has always had quality music..same 4 a lot of other westcoast rappers outhere..I think once the spotlight comes back here a lot of yall are going 2 change yo opinons about these individuals

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 01:14:12 AM »
LMAO at this dude saying we need to get rid of the haters and people who are stuck in the mid-90's state of mind and then proceeding to hate on nearly everybody in the West and state that Yukmouth needs to return to his first Luniz album flow. We don't need the West to churn out mainstream club hits. If I wanted that, I'd listen to the guys who are doing it already. Fuck this Internet wannabe A&R shit. "This rapper is good but he needs to do more Teen Beat magazine covers, drop some club songs, maybe do a bunch of R&B duets with Ne-Yo and Usher, and get a haircut." Fuck what's mainstream. I don't want an entire Coast to sell out and make cookie-cutter bullshit so they can get their songs played. I'd rather they tried to bring some diversity to the music. That's what's missing. We need artists who are gonna push the envelope creatively. Having these rappers do what everyone else is doing will not bring the West back. Their die-hard fans will shit on it and the younger fans will just listen to the guys who was doing it originally. We don't need West Coast compilation albums that sound like "Now! That's What I Call Music" collections. Let's just bring on the artists who can make music that people feel. We don't need to feed one demographic especially when they far from starving. There's an entire audience of fans that aren't studying that and want something with content. Time for these artists to just do their shit independently and forget these majors and MTV crap.

Dani

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:36 AM »

6) Jay Rock -- This guy has no appeal to girls at all or dance clubs

I don't understand why this is so bad. I prefer gangsta rap to 'pimp' songs (except Too Short).

Btw, good thread! +1

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 06:24:38 AM »

Yeah, Twice? You really don't like this guy!