Author Topic: MC Ren Returns As Rapper, Producer & Radio Host  (Read 426 times)

Elano

MC Ren Returns As Rapper, Producer & Radio Host
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:20:39 AM »
As both a solo artist and a founding member of NWA, MC Ren has logged countless hours behind the microphone. While Ren is continuing to complete his upcoming album RenIncarnated, he's currently focusing his energies in a different booth.
"I have a radio show that’s starting on the 29th of this month," Ren tells HipHopDX. "I'll be on 92.5 KYHY, and people can catch that at www.925burbank.com. I’ve also got some other shit in the works. The company I’m working with told me don’t speak on it right now, so I gotta keep my mouth shut. As soon as it happens though, I’ll let [everybody] know. It’s gonna be big."
In addition to his radio show, "The Villain" is taking pages out of both Ice Cube and Dr. Dre's playbooks with a few upcoming ventures.
"I did the movie Lost in the Game with Image Films in 2002," says Ren. "But I’ve got some bigger movie shit planned too. I just can’t tell you about it yet. People can check out everything I’m working on at www.myspace.com/mcrenofficialmyspace."
During his time away from the spotlight, Ren has also kept in touch with NWA's extended family tree by working with Dogg Pound affiliate RBX. However, some may be surprised that Ren's contributions are not just lyrical.
"I’m fucking with the beats again," says Ren. "RBX and my homeboy Rocc are in a group called the Concrete Criminalz. I did some tracks on their shit, and I did some tracks on my own new shit. I’m really just trying to get back on those tracks, man."
The MC Ren Radio Show premieres Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 7 p.m. PST.

(hhdx)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Re: MC Ren Returns As Rapper, Producer & Radio Host
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 07:33:23 AM »
Good news

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »
 :) That's good 2 hear that Ren is doing something music related.  I checked out the channel last night but the sound wasn't all that great.  Hopefully Ren as host he'll play some real music, maybe some of the artists that's known on this forum & dubcnn.com & get them known outside dubcnn & this forum.

Elano

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
i'm curios about the rbx album  8)

nategeezy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 05:40:22 AM »
What's craccin?

I'm a producer on MC Ren's new online radio show and I promise you that it's gonna be off the chain (It will feature him playing classic Hip Hop and his take on sports & other issues affecting the community).

The first show streams this Wednesday 10/29 at 7PM Pacific so be sure to check it out.

The station website is www.925thewhy.com

Peace,
Nate Geezy