Author Topic: IS IT SAFE TO SAY WEST COAST HIP HOP IS DEAD IN COMMERCIAL SUCCESS ?  (Read 1801 times)

GENERAL ZOD

except for the game snoop & dre  ???

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: IS IT SAFE TO SAY WEST COAST HIP HOP IS DEAD IN COMMERCIAL SUCCESS ?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »
its safe to say gangsta rap is dead... or at least in ICU on life support.... real!

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »
Safe. but realistically, no. Then u can say that bout NY. They not doing anything. It's just a cycle. The south reign will stop. Rock waas "dead" at on point, but it's doing it's thing.
our generation are just use to hip hop and how it developed. We're not use to how other genres happened etc.. if we study music history we'll have a better understanding of what's going on and how it may turn out. Even though hip hop is on a self destruction path.

Best believe, if you see the west coast dies, east coast is dying, best believe, best believe, it's not the regions, but the whole genre that is dying. After the south i don't see much happening. Motown died, funk died, disco died, and those were some real good music with less negatives and such. Hip Hop will die a harder death. Too negative,

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:15:12 PM »
man thats sad  :'(

duodon

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »
p
Safe. but realistically, no. Then u can say that bout NY. They not doing anything. It's just a cycle. The south reign will stop. Rock was "dead" at on point, but it's doing it's thing.
our generation are just use to hip hop and how it developed. We're not use to how other genres happened etc.. if we study music history we'll have a better understanding of what's going on and how it may turn out. Even though hip hop is on a self destruction path.

Best believe, if you see the west coast dies, east coast is dying, best believe, best believe, it's not the regions, but the whole genre that is dying. After the south i don't see much happening. Motown died, funk died, disco died, and those were some real good music with less negatives and such. Hip Hop will die a harder death. Too negative,

PREACH MY DUDE PREACH... THATS SOME OF THE REAL SHIT IVE HEARD ON THIS FORUM IN A WHILE.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 10:22:16 AM »
Safe. but realistically, no. Then u can say that bout NY. They not doing anything. It's just a cycle. The south reign will stop. Rock waas "dead" at on point, but it's doing it's thing.

that's some real talk right there, +1 man.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

TAKEMONEYENT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • 115ST WATTS
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
theres more going on out west then there is on the east coast, but in this new era you got to have those gay ass "get lows" or "crank dats" to get hits and for labels to take you seriously and put $$ in to your project! but you got to understand that it doesnt just "happen" for the rappers that want actually rap and not just make one time hits! you gotta grind grind grind!! how long has it took for lil wayne to acheive the success he wanted? nearly 10 YEARS! and now look no ones fucking with him in the terms of success. As long as rappers keep releasing better and better material, they will be recognized. Unless your crooked I.. then your just fucked

-------------------------------------------ME THROWIN UP THE W - WATTS------------------------------------------------

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
crooked i  :-\ cant believe no major has signed dude after all the work he has put in  ???

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
Face it Crooked I is not marketable. plus he cant make mainstream tracks. What the fuck was that boom boom clap shit. comon

'EclipZe

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 01:52:04 PM »
it's soulja boy poppy hiphop time and lil wayne's lollipop songs ! hooray..

penenstamp

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 01:55:57 PM »
it's soulja boy poppy hiphop time and lil wayne's lollipop songs ! hooray..

Exactly. It's not like the south has any mainstream success to be proud of.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »

real talk homie

+1

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 06:45:21 PM »
No doubt fellas

People just hate to admit it, specially rappers, with the hip hop is alive rant. Believe Lil, Wayne 1st week, T.I 1st week, Eminem's return, and Detox are just going to be memorable times in of Hip Hop's death bed.

To reiterate, West died, East Coast died, midwest success kinda intertwined with South and East's success, but as they all die and once you see the south dies it's over for hip hop. I'm not predicting a date, but it will not go back to the west, east and cycle over. Just certain death.

Urban music will resort to pop music a la Timberland's last album, Beyonce kind of stuff. Maybe well have more singers again like in the 70's. Artist were musical and required real skills cause they sang and had to know notes, melodies, etc...

I for one will be glad we don't have to listen to soldier boy, or anything from the south anymore. :)

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 07:33:10 PM »
WEST COAST IS DEAD UNTIL THE MEDIA WEBPAGES LIKE THIS EMBRACE "CHICANO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STYLE RAP"

THAT'S WHAT SELLS IN ALL THE LOCAL SPOTS

WITH ALL THE LABELS COMBINED DOING OVER A FEW MILLON UNITS YEARLY WITH OUT ANY PROMOTIONS

WHEN A DR. DRE OR SOMEONE BIG SIGNS A REAL STAR IN THE GAME FROM MR.CRIMINAL, LIL ROB , MR.CAPONE-E THEN YOU WILL THE WEST WAKE UP!!!

UNITY IN THE MUSIC AND SALES AND YOU WILL SEE THE WEST START TO COMEBACK WITH MORE OF THE OLDSCHOOL STYLE THAT MADE THE WEST CRUSIN BOUCIN ON A SUNDAY HITTING THE STRIP

WE CANT MAKE SOULJA BOY SONGS OUT HERE WE RATHER STAY HOME WITH OUR LADIES THEN TO GO OUT LIKE A SUCKA!

TRUST
THIS IS A MAJOR REASON HATE IT OR LOVE IT

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 08:38:01 PM »
On Wayne
Honestly yall, Lil Wayne success happened by default and is impressive only cause of the album sales recession.

You have cats like 50 who's done 1st 1mil 2x. Eminem 2x. then both totaled diamond. Lil Wayne highest sales is only at what Xzhibit did with Restless, yet X is not even seen as same as success as Lil Wayne. Wayne succeeding cause the standard is low, not  cause he did anything phenomenal.

See it this way, imagine the NBA lowers its hoop height (easier to score) and then draft players as short as 5.1" feet up to 6 ft the highest player. Everybody, fans gets accustom to the new standard. Suddenly, a player comes out and he's 6.5" and start scoring on a lowered hoop. He will the biggest player, score the most, lot of blocks etc. A pseudo phenomena in the game. THAT"S Lil WAYNE and current Hip Hop. He's perceived as lyrically hot, succeed with only 2 mil sold. I mean the dude said 2pac was really good. He didin't stand a chance or known if cats like Pac didnt clear the lane.

Anyway, you get the picture and the states of hip hop. Its low standard, any goes, even gays (a previous taboo in hip hop) is highly tolerable, barely musical stuff out there. Ah forget it, i can go on but yall get my drift.