Author Topic: IS IT SAFE TO SAY WEST COAST HIP HOP IS DEAD IN COMMERCIAL SUCCESS ?  (Read 1799 times)

GENERAL ZOD

Re: IS IT SAFE TO SAY WEST COAST HIP HOP IS DEAD IN COMMERCIAL SUCCESS ?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
once its gone there aint no bringing it back just like disco  :'(

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »
TRUE SO LET'S KEEP IT ALIVE FUCK THE SHIT TALKING IN THE WEST EITHER HANDLE STREET BUSINESS AND LEAVE THE BEEF FOR THE STREETS AND PUSH THE WHOLE MOVEMENT AND SHOW LOVE TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE DOING IT BIG IN THE WEST ALSO

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
hi power had alot of beef in the past and handled it like some gentle men much props to them for showing alot of class

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 01:43:11 AM »
THANKS HOMIE YEAH I KNOW HI POWER DID HANDLE ALL THERE BEEFS ON THE STREETS ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT HAD DISSED HI POWER I KNOW THEY WENT TO THIER HOOD AND LOOKED FOR THEM EVEN LEFT THE STATE TO FIND THE HATERS FEW GOT PUT ON CAMERA WHICH I CAN'T TALK ABOUT UNTIL HI POWER WANTS TO EXPOSED THEM BUT MOST WHERE NO WHERE TOO BE FOUND ...

IT'S IMPORTANT TO LEAVE THE STREETS FOR THE STREETS MOST ARTIST AND AFFILIATES AT HI POWER ARE GANGMEMBERS OR X GANGMEMBERS SOME PAROLES SOME STILL IN PRISON AND SOME BEEN THIER AND DONE THAT SO YOU RAPPERS AND OG GANGSTERS ARE ON A DIFFERENT PAGE SO WE NEED TO KEEP THE SHIT TALKING OR BEEFS AWAY FROM THE SCREEN THE FANS DON'T WANT TO HEAR ALL TALK THEY RATHER SEE REAL BEEF THEN ALL THIS WANNABE 2 PAC AND BIGGIE THAT WAS REAL BEEF

MOST ARTIST IN THE WEST THINK BY STARTING BEEF THEY WILL GET FAME LIKE PAC BUT PAC WAS A LEGEND BEFORE BEEFS

THANKS AGAIN HOMIE

HI POWER STRAIGHT FROM THE STREETS OF THE WEST COAST

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 03:29:29 AM »
here we go again  :sleep:

those who say that hip hop is dead are the ones that aren't looking outside of the border.

sickboyhpg

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »
WESTCOAST MOVEMENT NEEDS THE CORRECT PEOPLE TO REP IT

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 01:13:03 PM »
except for the game snoop & dre  ???

ur acting like its gonna be dead forever.

plz do us all a favor and get a brain.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »
except for the game snoop & dre  ???

It ain't no except for..either it's dead or it's not...I still think my nig Jay Rock gone blow..
Flixx

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »
 8) underground west coast hip hop aint dead just the commercial part  8)

Too Cool

• The Hardest Artist
  • Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 08:47:45 PM »
U know I check out blogs because Im the type of cat that likes 2 know where peoples heads R at. and when a certain subject interests me I'll comment. Some shit is good, and most of its BULLSHIT!! but 2 say West Coast hip hop is dead, I DONT THINK SO!!, a RECESSION is more like it. Remember everything has a cycle, everybody gets a turn. Now I will say the SOUTH has had a long run, and I aint mad at em. Look at their technique "TRUE UNITY!!" just when U might be tired of them, they put out someone new. "Persistence Overrides Resistance!" A statement that can take anyone far!! Lets take the NEW WEST!, Im one of the originators of that movement, if Not The Originator. I originally started pushing it due 2 the lack of interaction with the OLD WEST. See what most people dont realize is U cant be King 4ever, but it is right of passage 2 pass the baton. If the old heads had any brains passing the baton can help U reinvent yourself 2 squeeze out some more time. But i've learned what the problem is. Its that FUCKING LIMELIGHT! its so fucking ADDICTIVE, NO ONE ever wants 2 give that up. They care about THAT, more than the money ??? But that movement really aint SHIT either cuz everybody in the  New West isn't really callaborating either. My squad(IV LIFE RECORDS) was West Coast's TRUE last hope and we dropped the ball. We were on EVERY FUCKING SITE(ask around!) But one monkey doesn't stop the show(Im now SOLO!) so I reached out to alot of these cats & got no response or a bullshit one. I dont know what it is with people either SELFISH as a MUTHAFUCKA or too INTIMIDATED that U may become bigger than they R. At first I said the West was not going to be brought back by 1 man it would take the entire West Coast, well I still believe that I just Believe we need a TRUE LEADER 2 Champion the cause & I AM HIM!!!!!! I've been in the lab constructing the formula and I'm almost done. What I do need is the support of all MY people, BLACKS, WHITES, ASIANS, LATINOS, and EVERYONE ELSE, Promote me 2 the top and I will CHANGE THE GAME!! I REALLY DO NEED ALL OF YOU! and look at it this way if I dont pull it off you've lost NOTHING, BUUUTTTTT if I DO, SKY IS THE LIMIT. I SWEAR "I WILL NOT LOSE!!"  check out my old shit in the mean time to hold U. myspace.com/opnmyndedent   and P.S. the FUNK ERA of the WEST COAST IS DEAD!! unless someone figures out a HELL OF A WAY 2 Put a TWIST on THAT SHIT,THATS IT!                                         

2COOL!! THE HARDEST ARTIST!!  GET AT ME!! 8)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 11:49:04 PM »
funny niggas int he west always cryin...main ones cryin the ones that can make a change...

want commercial success..join these niggas yall cryin over street team...

shit call the stations n request these niggas shit..

grind for ya favorite..thats how the niggas in the south doin it

labels aint doin it for the south.. they jus jumpin on the bandwagons..kuz these niggas doin it themselves..n got people that support em..

new breed of west coast rappers aint gone do shit... long as u niggas keep hittin up megaupload,zshare,rapidshare and sendspace

seem like major artist gets no love down here... summer jam n shit... local acts run the show...game,berg wayne n shit... crowd jus sit there... ::)

let ro or tum tum or b-hamp or twisted black(if he was free) come on the stage..u gone think michael jackson or prince was out there...

get off ya rump n quit cryin.. n make moves...

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »
 :'(

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »
RIP west.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

GENERAL ZOD

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 02:41:33 PM »
in the memory of  :'(

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »
gangsta rap isnt dead

wc
ice cube
mc ren

z-ro
face
tech n9ne

hiphop

planet asia

are droppin heat and they are doin what the industry doesnt want em to do!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.