Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console Release Dates?  (Read 124 times)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Wii Virtual Console Release Dates?
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:17:14 AM »
Does anyone know if & when the following games are coming out on Wii's Virtual Console?

-Goldeneye
-Perfect Dark
-Jet Force Gemini
-Donkey Kong 64
-Banjo Tooie
-Killer Instinct (Snes)

Or where to find that out?

Cheers
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Matty

Re: Wii Virtual Console Release Dates?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »
as far as i know none of those games are confirmed for wii's virtual console. most won't ever come out on wii vc because they are owned by rare exclusively. both banjo kazooie (november) and banjo tooie (q1 09) are confirmed for xbox live arcade, with upscaled, smoother HD graphics and 5.1 surround sound. because rare own their own games that aren't part of any other franchise, we will vbery likely see perfect dark and maybe some of the others on live arcade too...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
You'd think Rare would want their products to be on the most popular system. I guess not.

Matty

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 05:21:10 PM »
your saying virtual console is more popular than xbla? i don't think so. i own both a 360 and a wii and have plenty of games on both their download services but the wii efforts are kinda lame. no upgraded graphics, no online modes and more expensive too (granted there are some good games). i can't figure that one out. nintendo think they can get away with anything these days cause of all the casual gamers flocking to their console, which is true, but the wii's online functionality and content suck compared to 360...

rare have made a good move by starting to bring their old n64 titles to live arcade. they will make more money and give the user with a big entertainment set-up much more value in purchasing an old game. can't wait to be playing n64 banjo again on november 14th 8)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
I'm talking about the system which has sold the most units.

More units = more customers = more money

Matty

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »
more units doesn't automatically = more cash being generated from downloadable content/games, especially when nintendo's online offerings are so poor compared to the competition. i thought that was what we were talking about - remakes of old games on downloadable services. a lot of people who own a wii aren't even proper 'games players' and have probably never taken the console online let alone bought a vc game. i think the figures would show more games and more money being made on xbla than nintendo's vc service. i could be wrong though...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
I just want games that I used to play back in the day. Personally, I don't need all of the extras.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »
i dunno man. the banjo remake looks really awesome. the graphics are scaled up to high resolution and smoothed out, runs at a higher framerate and surround sound too. original games look much worse on a hdtv cause of scaling issues so i'd much rather have the improved version to play on a big screen.

just downloaded the banjo 3 demo!!!! 8)

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »
Rare was brought out by Microsoft along with the Conker, Perfect Dark and Banjo franchise. It's not up to Rare to release those on the Nintendo anymore.

Virtual Console has screwed many people over and over again week by week. It's approx 5 - 7 weeks before a decent game gets released.

Why the fuck couldn't super mario kart have been released back when Mario Kart Wii was released, Nintendo are funny lol.

I remember the days when Nintendo first announced this service, i was all extatic about being able to download old games i once played as a kid and the opportunity to play games i wasn't able to do before.

How long has the Wii been out now and we STILL haven't seen a majority of the decent games.

It was released in Bumba - fucking 2006 - clart, where's my damn Majora Mask? Top Gear? Sonic 3 & knuckles Lock on? We're 2 years in with the Wii now.

As for looking at the latest releases and rumours and stuff, check http://www.vc-reviews.com/

They review newly released VC games.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

F-cisco

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 08:46:14 AM »
Don't sleep on "Super Mario Rpg". One of the best games ever released for the SNES. It's now available.