Author Topic: How Many of y'all are more than just fans???  (Read 639 times)

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Re: How Many of y'all are more than just fans???
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
Most of the people in this thread are the main problem with hip-hop today. No one's content to be a fan anymore - they have to be a wanna-be artist too. As KRS One once said, there was a time when to release a record you had to undergo a rite of passage in terms of rocking shows and mics before you were lauded good enough to cut a record. Now that's gone. The internet allows any dick to be 'a producer'. A damn shame.
i made my fisrt demo tape in 95', way before this myspace shit was cracking (or the internet in general for that matter) & i did it for the same reason i do it now-i luv it, nuthing else. I have no illusions about getting signed or quiting my day job and becoming a millionaire....its fun for me, i enjoy it, and i personally think we aint half bad....i've had the opprtunity to rock shows wit sum of my favorite artists and build wit them about the culture, so that has really been enough for me, im content wit that....like i said before, i aint up in the forum spamming my shit all day, i put it out there for anyone who's interested and ask nuthin in return....i know there's a million heads out there trying to rap, especially nowadays, and its become oversaturated, but it boils down to what they do it for and where their heart is....just because so many heads are trying to make it & most of them are wack, doesnt mean it should keep people with a genuine luv for the culture from doing it too
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Re: How Many of y'all are more than just fans???
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 06:05:33 PM »
Most of the people in this thread are the main problem with hip-hop today. No one's content to be a fan anymore - they have to be a wanna-be artist too. As KRS One once said, there was a time when to release a record you had to undergo a rite of passage in terms of rocking shows and mics before you were lauded good enough to cut a record. Now that's gone. The internet allows any dick to be 'a producer'. A damn shame.

quoting KRS-One for the greater evil..... that is so blasphemous.....

Look homie, I don't know if you were refering to me or to others in this thread (cause I been rockin stages since 2001 and didn't release my first CD until 2005) but the fact of the matter is, anyone who does this Hip-Hop shit and is any good at it, IS A FAN!!!!!

How can you make Hip-Hop without being a fan of it in the first place?????? That's like playin Jazz piano and not being able to stand Miles Davis... that's fuckin stupid.....

Granted, there is A LOT of FILLER in today's Hip-Hop market.... but open your eyes, it's not just Hip-Hop... Rock, alternative, R&B, Soul.... all genre's of music have had their ranks infiltrated by people who have little to no actual talent with regards to their respective genres, but that's just the way it goes.... If there were no filler in Hip-Hop, THEN you might start to wonder about us... like, "can Hip-Hop survive?" type shit.....

and then, based on your quotation, How do you know who's a fan, an artist or a "Wannabe" Artist?
Are you suppose to be the judge of all this and we are all suppose to enforce your judgement?????
Are we suppose to call you before we buy a CD from an unknown artist to make sure it's ok????
Oh Please Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!!!! LMAO fuck that shit.....

THE TRUE POWER OF AN MC IS TO INSPIRE...... KRS, often puts his foot in his mouth with some of the things he says because he seems to forget.... SOMEONE INSPIRED HIM TO RAP, just like he has inspired Thousands if not millions of others to do the same.....The quote that you used, even though you took it out of context, was a bit hipocritical anyways.....

yup, exactly my sentiments +1
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD