Poll

how can Dr.Dre make up with the fans?

he should drop a warmup single for Detox, early next year
he should scrap Detox and fully concentrate on producing for other artists
other option:
he can't; it's too late for that

Author Topic: Poll: how can Dr.Dre make up with the fans?  (Read 1753 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Poll: how can Dr.Dre make up with the fans?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 10:16:25 PM »
For all the anger people have over Dre delaying Detox and rejecting artists, the second album drops everyone will jump right back on his nuts. So I don't think he is too worried about making it up to the fans.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 10:29:10 PM »
For all the anger people have over Dre delaying Detox and rejecting artists, the second album drops everyone will jump right back on his nuts. So I don't think he is too worried about making it up to the fans.
No shit. It's kind of funny because people are already all pissed off about it and there isn't even a tracklist. Dre has not confirmed any of these rumors. People just hear "Fergie is gonna be on it" or Lil Wayne and they take it like it's official. There has been hundreds of rumors over the years. It's one thing if you hate the album when it drops but the only thing we officially know is a title. We can assume Snoop, 50 Cent, and Eminem will be on there because it's Dre but who knows, how big or little a hand they will play? The same cats who bitched when 2001 was not The Chronic (and contrary to how it's received now, there were a lot) are gonna cry for months about how Detox isn't 2001.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
Make up with the fans? For what? Did he get drunk and push us down the stairs? Did he promise to come to our little league game and forget? Pac said it best in the Sway interview. "You should be fans because you like the artist, not because he starts sucking you off the moment he sees you." If you think Dre has fallen off, don't buy the record. If you think he's dope, cop it. It shouldn't be about whether it's an all-West G-Funk album or whether he does whole fucking interviews. Nobody is doing G-Funk anymore or has been for awhile and the ones who were doing it weren't getting support from half of you anyway. The 90's are over. It ain't coming back. Booing Dre for not doing a "Chronic" reunion makes about as much sense as being mad at a basketball team for using a new roster instead of the players they had in 1993. Where is the challenge for an artist to do the same fucking music he already did right 15 years ago? If anyone thinks his new album is gonna sound anything like his Death Row stuff, you need to look at things from a more realistic perspective. It's not like you can pout and threaten to hold your breath until it magically becomes 1994 again. Why not try to guilt trip Quincy into making another "Thriller" while you're at it?

:nawty:

at the end of the day it's a commercial product.

it's not like Dre "owes" us anything though.

but when you cause confusion about your product and come with several promises and brake them shortly after, it's only right that people are criticising him for his mistakes.
like i always say, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

this is not about whether Dre has the right to take the time with Detox.

fans are important; if you're not making music for the fans, then get out the game.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 02:07:23 AM »
Well, bottom line is people will either get over it or they won't buy the album. I don't recall him making any promises about anything but maybe I'm wrong. It also doesn't make some of these so-called "fans" expectations any less ridiculous? Saying that you are gonna give up on Dre if he don't put out an all-West Coast album or put this rapper on it is like saying you're gonna give up on Barack Obama if he doesn't make your favorite rapper's birthday a national holiday.   

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 02:21:41 AM »
Well, bottom line is people will either get over it or they won't buy the album. I don't recall him making any promises about anything but maybe I'm wrong. It also doesn't make some of these so-called "fans" expectations any less ridiculous? Saying that you are gonna give up on Dre if he don't put out an all-West Coast album or put this rapper on it is like saying you're gonna give up on Barack Obama if he doesn't make your favorite rapper's birthday a national holiday.   

sure no doubt about that.
personally, as you can read it my first post, a warmup single could get me excited again.
i'll probably buy the album if/when it comes out.
a release would definitely make me forgive Dre and forget about the broken promises.

and yes the expectations of them are insane; we're on the same page when it comes to that.
i call these people klansmen anyway, cause they are not honest.

The Watcher

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 04:01:52 AM »
obama will make it happen

he's been waiting on detox just as long as us

what black man do you know isnt waiting on this album?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 04:13:09 AM »
obama will make it happen

he's been waiting on detox just as long as us

what black man do you know isnt waiting on this album?

are you sure that you entered the right topic?

ABN

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 04:19:06 AM »
he doesnīt have to make up with his "fans". if he decides not to release Detox then so be it. but itīs more his so called F.A.Nīs(fake ass niggas)that needs to get their shit right.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 04:23:38 AM »
he doesnīt have to make up with his "fans". if he decides not to release Detox then so be it. but itīs more his so called F.A.Nīs(fake ass niggas)that needs to get their shit right.

yeah he definitely has the right not to release it, just like others have the right to be mad about it if he would.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 09:21:46 PM »
who says he has to make up? lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 12:52:44 AM »
who says he has to make up? lol

i do  8)

he could pass a few beats to bishop for his street albums; otherwise they would end up in the shredder anyway
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:49:17 AM by Dre-Day »

Invincible

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

Detox coming late 2010 (according to Bishop);
Bishop Lamont interview November 2008
oooh well  :P :P :P :P

He said late next year.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 08:48:40 AM »
he needs to put jayo on detox.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 09:25:24 AM »
If his next shit aint a classic he is he will be doubted cuz he been havin people waitin so long. Though I must give him his props & a RIP to his son..
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
drop detox as a quadruple-disc with

2 cd's being all new music with snoop dogg, dpg, nate dogg, kokane, knocturnal, hittman, king t, defari, xzibit, eminem, warren g, time bomb, devin the dude

and

2 cd's being all unreleased death row music with 2pac, snoop dogg, dpg, tray deee, lady of rage, sam sneed, warren g, nate dogg, and so on

;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com